2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 06:19 AM)
It's a shame, I feel like when we look back in 20 years, Crawford isn't going to be talked about in the likes of Toews-Kane-Keith-Seabrook. He's closing in on surpassing Belfour for #3 on the Hawks all-time best list, in my opinion.

i agree, i feel as he is really under estimated by the fans.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 12:19 AM)
It's a shame, I feel like when we look back in 20 years, Crawford isn't going to be talked about in the likes of Toews-Kane-Keith-Seabrook. He's closing in on surpassing Belfour for #3 on the Hawks all-time best list, in my opinion.

He has really stepped up. For all of the talk about his contract, he is one of the guys who is paying for himself.

Between his rough postseason start vs. Arizona and his contract, there will always be some naysayers. It kind of comes with the position, like quarterback or closer.

IIRC, the first Cup season, the Hawks opened the year with two games in Finland. Crawford and Niemi battled during training camp for the backup G spot, and I think that Niemi got the final edge as a favor because they were going to Helsinki. Had they opened the season normally in the US, it may have been Corey on the roster, and maybe 3 Cups for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 07:12 AM)
Between his rough postseason start vs. Arizona and his contract, there will always be some naysayers. It kind of comes with the position, like quarterback or closer.

IIRC, the first Cup season, the Hawks opened the year with two games in Finland. Crawford and Niemi battled during training camp for the backup G spot, and I think that Niemi got the final edge as a favor because they were going to Helsinki. Had they opened the season normally in the US, it may have been Corey on the roster, and maybe 3 Cups for him.

He lost his job in last year's playoffs. That is why he will be behind those other guys.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
You're right. No great goalie has ever had a bad playoff game before.

It happened and it will be part of how he is perceived. Same as falling down the stairs and breaking his foot.

I am not stating whether it is right or wrong but it happened and will be how people perceive him.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
It happened and it will be part of how he is perceived. Same as falling down the stairs and breaking his foot.

I am not stating whether it is right or wrong but it happened and will be how people perceive him.

And then he came back in and won them a cup. Barely anyone will remember him faltering.

I think Eddie was better, but you can't ignore the Cups, baby.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
And then he came back in and won them a cup. Barely anyone will remember him faltering.

Look I am not arguing that Crawford is anything less that what you guys are stating.

I was just trying to rationalize why he currently is behind Keith, Toews, and Kane and probably still behind Seabrook and Hossa in what would be a fan value of Blackhawk players.

He is certainly making his salary.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Look I am not arguing that Crawford is anything less that what you guys are stating.

I was just trying to rationalize why he currently is behind Keith, Toews, and Kane and probably still behind Seabrook and Hossa in what would be a fan value of Blackhawk players.

He is certainly making his salary.

He is consistent but not flashy and definitely not spectacular. That's a recipe for being under the radar.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Just ask for Saad back lol

no, 4.5 mil for bickell, 4.0 mil for Johansen, send back Dano plus and the hawks will get a player who is an elite player.... certitude with several yrs under his belt, not a player who needs to get motivated to play his game.