2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
Luckily, after next season the Hawks will have a good opportunity to infuse Panarin into the core of the team with the expiring Bickell (finally!) and Anisimov contracts.

Does anyone have a good grasp on the retirement recapture rule?

Edit: Got it. Not that he's going to do it now, but down the line

Good thing is he's still a reasonably productive player. I just wish he could score a little more.

You do know Anisimov got a contract extension, right? 1.3 million raise from this season over 5 years.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
Luckily, after next season the Hawks will have a good opportunity to infuse Panarin into the core of the team with the expiring Bickell (finally!) and Anisimov contracts.

Does anyone have a good grasp on the retirement recapture rule?

Edit: Got it. Not that he's going to do it now, but down the line

Good thing is he's still a reasonably productive player. I just wish he could score a little more.

Panarin is skating with Patrick Kane on the second line. I'd call that infused into the core. Bickell is struggling to stay on the roster. I'd call that out of the core.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
Panarin is skating with Patrick Kane on the second line. I'd call that infused into the core. Bickell is struggling to stay on the roster. I'd call that out of the core.

When I say "infused" I mean Hawks have to pay him to stay as part of the core. He's a guy they need to have room for.

You watch the Pens and Hawks and wonder how the Hawks have been able to be consistently great despite two major tear downs of their roster. Both teams have invested a lot into their core group, but the Hawks have been able to add guys like Panarin, Teravainen, Gustafsson, Danault, etc while Pittsburgh hasn't. The names that come to mind for Pittsburgh are Suter, Bennett and Staal, 3 guys who were supposed to be the next wave but they never did what they were supposed to.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
Keith/Seabrook/Hjalmarsson/Gustafsson/Van Riemsdyk is a pretty sick top-five. We can live with Scuderi/Rozsival whomever as #6.

I agree. Rotating Rozival and Scuderi to keep fresh for the playoffs is perfect for them guys.

Still think they get a forward though.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
I really need to be off work during a Hawks game. I am SOO uninformed on Gustafsson.

This kid has been pretty damn good so far. I think a good comp to him is Nick Leddy with a little less speed and a little better defensively.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
Does he carry the puck in to the zone with speed like Leddy did? Always loved that aspect to his game.

A few times he has, yes. His offensive zone skills and vision are pretty damn good. He's got great instincts.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
2010's Dream Team(That would actually make sense from a talent perspective).

Sharp-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Saad-Vermette-Versteeg

Ladd-Bolland-Brouwer

Seabrook-Campbell

Keith-Byfuglien

Hjalmarsson-Leddy

Crawford

Niemi

Those top 3 lines would snipe, the 4th line would be grinders, and each defensive pair brings offense and defense.

That's some 1980s Oilers/Islanders dynasty s*** right there, 5 Cups in a row!

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
2010's Dream Team(That would actually make sense from a talent perspective).

Sharp-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Saad-Vermette-Versteeg

Ladd-Bolland-Brouwer

Seabrook-Campbell

Keith-Byfuglien

Hjalmarsson-Leddy

Crawford

Niemi

Those top 3 lines would snipe, the 4th line would be grinders, and each defensive pair brings offense and defense.

I hate that I can't think of a player to replace Versteeg, because I don't much care for him. Maybe Teuvo can be that guy, but the jury is still out on that, of course. I guess he's a "centerman" though.

Edited by AustinIllini