2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
Huge win for the Penguins tonight. Murray was good, Crosby with a nice goal, Cullen for the lead and then played defense the rest of the way and added an empty netter. Huge win for this series.

Definitely should keep it interesting in the East. For a while it looked like Caps would just glide to the Finals.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
Real lazy play by Seabrook and the blues score first in a game where they've shown zero offensive pressure.

This series is just so strange so far. It seems like the worse performing team has been rewarded in every game.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
And that's when the Hart winner needs to make adjustments and find a way to put the puck in the back of the net. This team isn't nearly as deep as years past, time to step up.

Technically he does have 3 points in 3 games. Trying to facilitate seems to be his adjustment so far. He does look sluggish though.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Good lord, Tarasenko needs ZERO room to make something happen.

Paging 88, paging 88...

Paging 19

Paging 16

Paging 22

Paging 72

Paging 81

Paging 86

I could go on all day. He's not their only good player. Someone else could score if they'd like, too.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Paging 19

Paging 16

Paging 22

Paging 72

Paging 81

Paging 86

I could go on all day. He's not their only good player. Someone else could score if they'd like, too.

It doesn't help that Elliott is absolutely on fire either. Need to get more bodies to the net and make him uncomfortable.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
It doesn't help that Elliott is absolutely on fire either. Need to get more bodies to the net and make him uncomfortable.

This reminds me of the Arizona (then Phoenix) series a few years ago. Smith isn't a great goalie but he was great then. That went 3-1 back to Phoenix, Toews got an OT winner and then the Yotes won it in Chicago. This has been tough to watch

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
This reminds me of the Arizona (then Phoenix) series a few years ago. Smith isn't a great goalie but he was great then. That went 3-1 back to Phoenix, Toews got an OT winner and then the Yotes won it in Chicago. This has been tough to watch

For sure. Great comparison.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
Paging 19

Paging 16

Paging 22

Paging 72

Paging 81

Paging 86

Kane and Toews are held to a higher standard than any of the other guys you listed. The difference is, Kane usually has better offensive starts on his line. He's the Hart winner and needs to be better.