2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
If the trading of Oduya, Sharp and Saad was the nail in this coffin, then god f***ing damnit it was a great run and I enjoyed the hell out of it

That literally has nothing to do with their performance. This team is still very good. They haven't really shown up and they are playing a team that clearly wants it more.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
If the trading of Oduya, Sharp and Saad was the nail in this coffin, then god f***ing damnit it was a great run and I enjoyed the hell out of it

I doubt it's the end of it. The only one that's really killing the Blackhawks is Oduya being gone. At some point, Bowman has to draft or find his replacement.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)
That literally has nothing to do with their performance. This team is still very good. They haven't really shown up and they are playing a team that clearly wants it more.

Oduya absolutely does. The lack of defensive depth is killing this team. At the same time, Oduya was a lost signing, so not entirely on Bowman.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:04 PM)
Oduya absolutely does. The lack of defensive depth is killing this team. At the same time, Oduya was a lost signing, so not entirely on Bowman.

Oduya has nothing to do with getting stoned offensively and giving up PP goals. Zip.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)

The finished with a lot of points in the best division, but they also didn't beat a Western playoff team for two months, so I think it's more than which team wants it more.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)
19 and 88 are goal-less after 4 games. With this roster, you aren't going to win a series with that. The Blues best player has shown up in spades. Can't say the same with the Hawks.

DING DING DING, we have a winner.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)
19 and 88 are goal-less after 4 games. With this roster, you aren't going to win a series with that. The Blues best player has shown up in spades. Can't say the same with the Hawks.

The blues have done a masterful job defensively and they are helped by a hot goalie.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
All true. But it doesn't change facts. We're not talking about a young bunch of kids not knowing any better. Toews name gets thrown around all the time as the best overall player in the game, and Kane was the league MVP. Find a way. Adjust.

If you don't, you're playing golf in late April.

Yep. It's weird seeing them so befuddled

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
Very. You just expect them to say "Ok, time to win this thing" and actually do it. Not sure the magic is there.

I wonder if Toews is just worn down from playing so much hockey the last 3 years, something just seems a tad bit off.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
I wonder if Toews is just worn down from playing so much hockey the last 3 years, something just seems a tad bit off.

I don't like his current line mates. Say what you want about Ladd, but Toews has had subpar line mates all year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)

Backes is doing a real nice job on him and he's backed up by a good defensive unit. He's living below the goal.