2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:07 PM)
Oduya has nothing to do with getting stoned offensively and giving up PP goals. Zip.

No, but Saad and Sharp would have helped offensively and Oduya did kill penalties. I'm not saying those 3 were main cogs. My point is that if this past offseason symbolizes the end, it was a great run.

Finding Oduya's replacement along with better depth will be tough with Panarin's extension and a lack of draft picks. Trading a solid, cheap, young Danault for the 2 idiots they got in return was a mistake too.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
No, but Saad and Sharp would have helped offensively and Oduya did kill penalties. I'm not saying those 3 were main cogs. My point is that if this past offseason symbolizes the end, it was a great run.

Finding Oduya's replacement along with better depth will be tough with Panarin's extension and a lack of draft picks. Trading a solid, cheap, young Danault for the 2 idiots they got in return was a mistake too.

f*** man, I was so excited for Teuvo to play with those 2 idiots. Oops

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
Bring up Bickell

Kane Toews Bickell

Panarin Teuvo Hossa

Ladd Anisimov Shaw

Panik Kruger Weise

It can't hurt.

It can't. After all, it was the first round in 2013 that got Bickell his dumb contract.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Blackhawks management has a talk with Andrew Shaw. Bad behavior all around to close the game out. Sounds like homophobic slurs, flipping off, and instigating fights.

Video: https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/6C8A6CE234...9841655e554.mp4

That's actually the 3rd different video you can find of him saying "f***ing f*****". Not that I really care much, but the Hawks or the NHL might.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)
That's actually the 3rd different video you can find of him saying "f***ing f*****". Not that I really care much, but the Hawks or the NHL might.

Or maybe Panik to the 3rd line then Desjardins on the 4th, seeing as if how "Shaw's getting suspended" rumors are beginning to pick up steam

Also, I meant "play Bickell." IIRC, he's already with the team.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)

He's just calling them a bundle of sticks. No big deal.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)

I'd rather have Anisimov and Panarin now and moving forward than Saad and Sharp.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:04 AM)
Thought Teuvo played a better game tonight, not sure what the stats say.

But again, the game comes down to the stars not playing like stars. For this group to win the in the playoffs, Crawford has to be the MVP, and Toews and Kane have to put the team on their back with solid play out of 2-4-7 on the back end. Really none of that has happened, and the team is down 3-1 because of it.

Unless St.Louis implodes, I just don't see it this year.

I think Crawford has been fine. Kane, Toews, Anisimov, and Panarin have 1 goal total. That's why they are down 3-1.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:02 AM)
I'd rather have Anisimov and Panarin now and moving forward than Saad and Sharp.

Anisimov's not very good and the 3 you mentioned are all better hockey players. It just so happens Anisimov's a center so his value is a bit higher.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
Anisimov's not very good and the 3 you mentioned are all better hockey players. It just so happens Anisimov's a center so his value is a bit higher.

I disagree. But if you think last years whipping boys are all of a sudden the missing pieces then more power to you.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:04 AM)
Thought Teuvo played a better game tonight, not sure what the stats say.

But again, the game comes down to the stars not playing like stars. For this group to win the in the playoffs, Crawford has to be the MVP, and Toews and Kane have to put the team on their back with solid play out of 2-4-7 on the back end. Really none of that has happened, and the team is down 3-1 because of it.

Unless St.Louis implodes, I just don't see it this year.

If Kane and Toews aren't leading the way, it makes it about impossible to win a series like this. That is what they are getting paid for.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:02 AM)

Saad is a stud and only 23. Now? I'll take the first two. Moving forward? Only Panarin has an argument.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
I think Crawford has been fine. Kane, Toews, Anisimov, and Panarin have 1 goal total. That's why they are down 3-1.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
Crawford has been fine, you're right. But Elliot has been better.

All year we have talked about how the team is completely dependent on the 2nd line scoring and Crawford standing on his head. Well, Crawford has been outplayed, and Tarasenko is outscoring the 2nd line 3-1. Case closed.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
I for one, am ready to be done with Andrew Shaw. Cap casualty I'll gladly let walk.

He was pissed after that stick to the face the refs didn't call. I don't care what he said, it is sports. The check was a boneheaded play. But the dude plays with more heart than anyone, and had a goal and two assists in the game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
I disagree. But if you think last years whipping boys are all of a sudden the missing pieces then more power to you.

You look at Anisimov's year and tell me what part was good. He went several games at times while doing nothing. He played on a line with the ROY who surpassed 70 points and the MVP who surpassed 100 points yet he ended with an awful 42 points. He also is terrible at the dot. He's nothing more than a 3rd line center who shouldn't be making even close to what he is annually.

Again, I'm not saying that those 3 guys would be the difference in the series. I am saying, however, that if this past offseason is what we'll look back on and say that finally did it- after many offseasons of unloading guys like Ladd, Brouwer, Campbell, Leddy, Byfuglien, etc- then I wouldn't be upset because I would be thrilled with the 6 years I witnessed. While everyone else was very upset with the outcome and the realization that this series is likely going to go the Blues' way, I was more thinking optimistically about the guys I was able to watch win game after game, championship after championship.

But yes, Saad, Sharp and Oduya are all superior players to Anisimov. Anisimov, however, is probably more valuable than those two forwards because he plays a position that Chicago has been notoriously lacking at throughout the last 10 years despite those 3 Cups. Knowing what we know now, however, I would gladly trade Anisimov for Oduya.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
He was pissed after that stick to the face the refs didn't call. I don't care what he said, it is sports. The check was a boneheaded play. But the dude plays with more heart than anyone, and had a goal and two assists in the game.

You should care. This thread can go south fast if you want to unpack all the difficulty the LGBTQ faces in their everyday lives and that word is one of the worst of the modern slurs. Sports or not, Shaw was caught saying something horrible on live television.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
All year we have talked about how the team is completely dependent on the 2nd line scoring and Crawford standing on his head. Well, Crawford has been outplayed, and Tarasenko is outscoring the 2nd line 3-1. Case closed.

I'm blaming the Cubs. They are using all of Chicago's luck for beating St. Louis teams the last few days.