2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
You look at Anisimov's year and tell me what part was good. He went several games at times while doing nothing. He played on a line with the ROY who surpassed 70 points and the MVP who surpassed 100 points yet he ended with an awful 42 points. He also is terrible at the dot. He's nothing more than a 3rd line center who shouldn't be making even close to what he is annually.

Again, I'm not saying that those 3 guys would be the difference in the series. I am saying, however, that if this past offseason is what we'll look back on and say that finally did it- after many offseasons of unloading guys like Ladd, Brouwer, Campbell, Leddy, Byfuglien, etc- then I wouldn't be upset because I would be thrilled with the 6 years I witnessed. While everyone else was very upset with the outcome and the realization that this series is likely going to go the Blues' way, I was more thinking optimistically about the guys I was able to watch win game after game, championship after championship.

But yes, Saad, Sharp and Oduya are all superior players to Anisimov. Anisimov, however, is probably more valuable than those two forwards because he plays a position that Chicago has been notoriously lacking at throughout the last 10 years despite those 3 Cups. Knowing what we know now, however, I would gladly trade Anisimov for Oduya.

You literally answered your question yourself. He was the first legit 2nd line center we've had and he centered a line of the ROY and the Hart trophy winner which was the best season kane has ever had. Its not a coincidence.

Oduya is crap, Saad is awesome (but too expensive) and Sharp is losing value by the day. The Hawks had to make those moves and they worked out extremely well. They put together one of the most dangerous lines in hockey.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
You literally answered your question yourself. He was the first legit 2nd line center we've had and he centered a line of the ROY and the Hart trophy winner which was the best season kane has ever had. Its not a coincidence.

Oduya is crap, Saad is awesome (but too expensive) and Sharp is losing value by the day. The Hawks had to make those moves and they worked out extremely well. They put together one of the most dangerous lines in hockey.

Yeah, yet he found a way to be extremely unproductive. He should have accidently ran into at least 8 more goals and at least 15 more assists. He can't win draws. Stop it

Hey everyone, stop it with the meltdowns.

The new playoff positioning is idiotic. The #3 team should not play the #2 team in round 1. It's dumb.

However, it sure does feel like a rivalry.

This team is dog-tired. We've won 3 Cups in the past 6 years. It's not happening this year. Anyone pining for Brandon Saad and Patrick Sharp needs to be lobotomized. This team plucked a f***ing awesome young stud in Panarin out of nowhere and had no choice but to offload those overpaid clowns. Just cut the bulls*** and stop trying to find a scape goat. It's not happening this year. They'll come back next year rested and ready to f*ck sh*t up.

Good LORD are we really talking about Saad and Patrick f*cking Sharp when Anisimov and Panarin combined for 119 points? Sharp and Saad made and combined for 108. And neither of those f*cks plays a capable center I don't give a s*** about face off draws. Winning 44% of draws is s***ty but it sure as f*cking sh*tballs isn't the reason the Hawks are down 3-1 right now to the better St. Louis Blues.

For F*CK'S SAKE the f*cking whining in this thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)

The new playoff positioning is idiotic. The #3 team should not play the #2 team in round 1. It's dumb.

This team is dog-tired. We've won 3 Cups in the past 6 years. It's not happening this year. Anyone pining for Brandon Saad and Patrick Sharp needs to be lobotomized. This team plucked a f***ing awesome young stud in Panarin out of nowhere and had no choice but to offload those overpaid clowns. Just cut the bulls*** and stop trying to find a scape goat. It's not happening this year. They'll come back next year rested and ready to f*ck sh*t up.

Good LORD are we really talking about Saad and Patrick f*cking Sharp when Anisimov and Panarin combined for 119 points? Sharp and Saad made and combined for 108. And neither of those f*cks plays a capable center I don't give a s*** about face off draws. Winning 44% of draws is s***ty but it sure as f*cking sh*tballs isn't the reason the Hawks are down 3-1 right now to the better St. Louis Blues.

Well yeah, I guess we are because apparently saying this offseason may have finally done them in means "Sharp and Saad are f***ing awesome." No, it just means I was honored to watch a dynasty.

And FWIW, Panarin & Anisimov combining for 118 points is because Panarin had about 70% of those. Anisimov is not a #2 center. He's a good 3rd line C and a below average #2 C. Also, the Hawks won about 44% of the draws yesterday. IIRC, one of those PP goals came right off of a lost faceoff. Reason why they're down 3-1? Well no, I don't think so either

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)

Because in the last few months when they went from first place to THIRD place in the West their entire future went down the drain.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Because in the last few months when they went from first place to THIRD place in the West their entire future went down the drain.

Damn. I hadn't heard that having all these studs but dropping in the loaded west meant they won't even be a playoff team moving forward. That sucks.

If only we had Patrick Sharp!

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
I would say all things considered, about an 80% chance that was the final game of Shaw's Blackhawks career.

It would be a fitting ending for him. He scored a big goal doing the dirty work in the goalie's face, but then had a stupid penalty that crippled their comeback chances.

I would say all things considered, about an 80% chance that was the final game of Shaw's Blackhawks career.

Feelings for Shaw aside, the Hawks really can't afford to overpay for his talent level, which is what they would inevitably do.

I would even go higher than that. Unless the cap jumps unexpectedly high, I don't see how they could bring him back, even before this incident.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Damn. I hadn't heard that having all these studs but dropping in the loaded west meant they won't even be a playoff team moving forward. That sucks.

If only we had Patrick Sharp!

If only you would stop using something that makes no sense just to strengthen your argument and self esteem, unless you truly don't understand what I'm getting at, in which case you're just f***ing stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Panarin is one year older and scored 24 more points this season. An argument?

Yes I'm sure one being on a s***ty team and the other playing with the Art Ross and likely Hart winner didn't quite tip the scales there..

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Yes I'm sure one being on a s***ty team and the other playing with the Art Ross and likely Hart winner didn't quite tip the scales there..

How the f*** did this even start? While everyone was pissed off about Kane not scoring and Shaw being a turd, I said if this is the end, it was a great ride. People on this board hate pessimists, yet when an optimist shows up, they're the moron. Give it up. Hopefully it's not the end. My season tickets next year are $7500 not including parking. It would suck.

I think we're all a little worked up (and justifiably so), but let's just focus on the next game and worry about the offseason when it comes.

I tended to be pessimistic about the Seabrook signing, but a lot can happen now and the series is not over.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:54 PM)
I would even go higher than that. Unless the cap jumps unexpectedly high, I don't see how they could bring him back, even before this incident.

Yeah he's pretty expendable already. Someone will want to be a high energy agitator that parks in front of the net to make an NHL team.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)

He played on the top line of a stanley cup winning team and scored 52 points.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
He played on the top line of a stanley cup winning team and scored 52 points.

At 21-22 years old! Rock you're better than this.

And no offense to Toews and Hossa, but they ain't Kane.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
I know this is what you are supposed to do on a message board, but the whole argument is stupid. No one should be diminishing what Saad is just because he's gone. He was a big loss, no matter who replaced him. However, in a case like Saad, you can't even really blame the Hawks. That whole situation was a mess, and I believe if he had any other agent, he'd still be a Hawk.

Saad could have been a lifetime Blackhawk in a perfect world. It didn't happen. All things considered, the team turned out okay.

Every time I think I'm sad for Saad, I realize all the money he made and i'm over it.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 10:50 PM)
If Shaw had used the R-word on camera, would he have gotten suspended?

Probably not on camera because the F words he used are really easy to lip read, "retarded" probably isn't.

But the homophobic thing is a problem in this NHL, which has been about inclusion moreso than any other major sports league. This is strongly against their message and the NHL made that 100% clear.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Probably not on camera because the F words he used are really easy to lip read, "retarded" probably isn't.

But the homophobic thing is a problem in this NHL, which has been about inclusion moreso than any other major sports league. This is strongly against their message and the NHL made that 100% clear.

I don't mean would he have been able to get away with it, I just mean if we KNEW that he was calling a player the R-word. Where do you draw the line with offended groups of people?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
I don't mean would he have been able to get away with it, I just mean if we KNEW that he was calling a player the R-word. Where do you draw the line with offended groups of people?

The league has made it clear that sexual preference is off limits.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
The league has made it clear that sexual preference is off limits.

But mental handicaps are not?

By the way, I'm not referring to any particular players or instances of the R-word being used, just kind of curious as to what groups the NHL might decide to stand up for, and what other groups they choose to ignore the slurs for.