2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 07:45 AM)
So right after Kane scores Elliott turns around and starts b****ing to the ref. He's coming unglued I think.

I watched the play 10 times. I still have no idea what he's griping about...

WTF REF!!! I COULDN'T SEE THE PUCK THAT CAN'T COUNT!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that Elliott thought he was interfered with because his stick was pinned to the ice. But, it was under the skate of one of the Blues.

Hawks were outplayed in this one. It seems like the Blues are on a power play when it's even strength. And, any chance they can stop passing right to the Blues when we're trying to clear the puck? Even in the Cup years, the Hawks are so sloppy with the puck around our goal.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 07:45 AM)

Ive watched several angles, nobody touches him, he pitchporks his own player with his stick.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Ive watched several angles, nobody touches him, he pitchporks his own player with his stick.

Yep, it was wedged under Bouwmeester's left skate and it wasn't pushed there by a hawks player. Probably didn't realize that's what had happened and thought Toews had stepped on it or something.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
Yep, it was wedged under Bouwmeester's left skate and it wasn't pushed there by a hawks player. Probably didn't realize that's what had happened and thought Toews had stepped on it or something.

Its good that hes getting frustrated.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 07:45 AM)

A rant like that could have also come from a shift before that play. Kinda like a batter who gets a s***ty strike two call, and then swings and misses at strike three, but still yells at the ump about strike two setting it all up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
A rant like that could have also come from a shift before that play. Kinda like a batter who gets a s***ty strike two call, and then swings and misses at strike three, but still yells at the ump about strike two setting it all up.

Crawford got hit plenty of times during the game and the refs did nothing. The more we get into Elliotts head the better things will be. He was much too calm to start the series.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
He definitely earned himself more playing time with his performance last night.

Funny how a guy can't crack the roster of the worst team in the league, then a few months later he is a on a playoff line with Toews and Kane.

F McDonough. Who the hell is he throwing Pat Foley under the bus nationally for saying something that the whole fan base has been saying.

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 20m20 minutes ago

No surprise: McDonough called Bettman to say he wasn't happy with Foley's comment. Commish says call unnecessary, not a #Blackhawks issue.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
He's the president of an NHL franchise, and one of his employees just blasted their league,

On a national broadcast no less. In fact, NBCSN used Foley and Eddie for the broadcast, even though in was a home game for St.Louis.

I actually am not the biggest fan of McDonough, but he did nothing wrong.

Yeah I don't get the outrage here.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
He's the president of an NHL franchise, and one of his employees just blasted their league,

On a national broadcast no less. In fact, NBCSN used Foley and Eddie for the broadcast, even though it was a home game for St.Louis.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of McDonough, but he did nothing wrong.

Agreed.

Game 6s played under Coach Q:

2009 v CGY: 4-1 W

2009 v VAN: 7-5 W

2010 v NSH: 5-3 W

2010 v VAN: 5-1 W

2010 v PHI: 4-3 W

2011 v VAN: 4-3 W

2012 v PHO: 4-0 L

2013 v DET: 4-3 W

2013 v BOS: 3-2 W

2014 v STL: 5-1 W

2014 v MIN: 2-1 W

2014 v LAK: 4-3 W

2015 v NSH: 4-3 W

2015 v ANA: 5-2 W

2015 v TB: 2-0 W

I know it has zero bearing on tommorrow's game, but that's still such a crazy stat. 14-1 in game 6s.

Impartial/realistic prediction:

Hawks win game 6 2-0, Crawford makes 28 saves, Kane/Teravainen score for Chicago.

Blues win game 7 in OT 2-1, Crawford makes 34 saves to Elliot's 30. Panarin scores for Chicago, Steen scores twice for STL.

Homer prediction:

See above for game 6

Hawks win game 7 making a huge statement with a 6-1 score. Kane hat trick, Toews 2 goals, Hossa with 1

:lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
F McDonough. Who the hell is he throwing Pat Foley under the bus nationally for saying something that the whole fan base has been saying.

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 20m20 minutes ago

No surprise: McDonough called Bettman to say he wasn't happy with Foley's comment. Commish says call unnecessary, not a #Blackhawks issue.

Yeah, F the guy that made the Blackhawks a megabrand

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Please. Some dudes named Kane and Toews did that. Perhaps you have heard of them?

That's not how a brand works. There's a reason it works in some cities and not in others, no matter how good your team gets. If it were all about Toews and Kane, the Hawks would have been ruined last summer. It's not. That Blackhawks brand is a lot bigger than any one (or two) players anymore.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
That's not how a brand works. There's a reason it works in some cities and not in others, no matter how good your team gets. If it were all about Toews and Kane, the Hawks would have been ruined last summer. It's not. That Blackhawks brand is a lot bigger than any one (or two) players anymore.

If the Hawks didn't have the superstars behind the brand, no one would still care about them. It is easy to ride the coattails of a team that is winning, which is exactly what McDonough has done.