2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
If Gustafsson passes that to Kane, it was pretty much Kane vs Pietrangelo from the blue line in, but he held onto it way too long and Brouwer scored

Yep. Not sure what was going on there. Gave them the lead.

Not feeling too good about this at the moment. St. Louis has great D

Sucks to lose, but they went through major salary cap attrition. They still finished 5th in hockey in points, then got screwed by the new playoff format and took a very good team to 7 games. Good season, they found a stud in Panarin, they will be back next year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
Sucks to lose, but they went through major salary cap attrition. They still finished 5th in hockey in points, then got screwed by the new playoff format and took a very good team to 7 games. Good season, they found a stud in Panarin, they will be back next year.

Yep. Hopefully fill in some of that D and I'd like to see some more young guns.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Yep. Hopefully fill in some of that D and I'd like to see some more young guns.

The D is my major concern. I've voiced my opinions about the Seabrook extension. Keith and Hammer are so solid but not getting younger. Don't think Gustafsson or TVR have shown enough. And you can't expect Corey to compete for the Vezina every year. He was the team MVP, even more than Kane.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)

Yeah in terms of being upset, I didn't have the highest of expectations for this season. They had the one stretch of insanity during the 12 game streak, but never really had that "it" quality otherwise. They looked like a team in transition for a lot of this season. They will be back for sure.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
Yeah in terms of being upset, I didn't have the highest of expectations for this season. They had the one stretch of insanity during the 12 game streak, but never really had that "it" quality otherwise. They looked like a team in transition for a lot of this season. They will be back for sure.

In reality, if the Blackhawks weren't going to win the Cup this year, it's probably better that they didn't have another fruitless playoff run.

It sucks that Ladd will be gone again. Tough enough to see him go the first time.