2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 12:14 AM)
I'm still convinced Bickell will be moved by or at the draft.

There are going to be a handful of teams that need to get to the cap floor. Bickell is only signed to a one year deal at 4 million. If you add a mid-level pick and/or a prospect, all that rebuilding team is doing is spending 4 million (they already needed to spend) to acquire another draft pick a lottery ticket in a prospect. He actually could have "value"

If they can move him, they won't get anything for him. He has been waived twice in the last year, and no one took him for only his contract. Most likely the Hawks will package a low level something with him to get him out of Chicago.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
I think him missing those 10 or so games at the end of the season hurt him.

That's what I'm thinking, given the time off and his higher GAA, the stats don't truly show how awesome he was. As someone who hates expensive goalie contracts, he earned every dollar and more this season.

Bruce Boudreau is trailing in a game 7 again. Not sure why I would pick him to win the Cup this postseason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
That's what I'm thinking, given the time off and his higher GAA, the stats don't truly show how awesome he was. As someone who hates expensive goalie contracts, he earned every dollar and more this season.

Bruce Boudreau is trailing in a game 7 again. Not sure why I would pick him to win the Cup this postseason.

Nashville and St.Louis escaped the 1st round. Weird playoffs already.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Nashville and St.Louis escaped the 1st round. Weird playoffs already.

One of Dallas, San Jose, Nashville, or St. Louis will be in the Cup Finals. That's so bad. DFW is a huge market, but not for hockey.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 07:44 AM)
One of Dallas, San Jose, Nashville, or St. Louis will be in the Cup Finals. That's so bad. DFW is a huge market, but not for hockey.

Yup, and considering either Caps or Pens make it out of the East, you're looking at a very small market SC. Sucks for you NHL but the new format kinda left no other option.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 42m42 minutes ago

#Blackhawks agree to terms with forward Luke Johnson on a three-year contract. Helped lead North Dakota to the NCAA National Championship.

Schmaltz is next

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 07:22 PM)
Leafs have the #1 pick. Winnipeg #2, Columbus #3.

Stamkos, Shaw, Shattenkirk and Matthews is a solid start to the rebuild in Toronto

They have so many similarities with the Cubs right now, especially given the fanbase and franchise history. Time will tell if they can get good again too.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Jim Nill put together an offensive powerhouse, forgetting about the other 2 phases of hockey.

Nobody must have told him that you can only play one goalie in net at a time, not two.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Jim Nill put together an offensive powerhouse, forgetting about the other 2 phases of hockey.

The Stars started with absolutely nothing three years ago. Jim Nill rightly understood offensive depth was a way to win games quickly. That being said, the Blues just have a better rounded team, and Dallas' second best scorer is out. The good news for Dallas is Klingberg and Johns are the top line of the future and they actually have draft picks and prospects.