2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 12, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 3h3 hours ago

Barry Smith told @rsportru #Blackhawks are very close to sign Czech D Michal Kempny #Avangard #KHL

This would be a pretty big move from what I've read.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 22, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Trevor Daley out for the season. That totally sucks. Seems like a good dude.

This game 5 has been full of drama, fun to watch. Refs are letting them play. Before Tampa tied it, Callahan pulled a Seabrook hitting both posts.

I think 7 different goalies's have started games in the conference finals and 8 have played. That's gotta be a record.

So after all that, this Sharks core finally made a Stanley Cup Final. I don't know why they only had 96 points in the regular season, they looked like a damn good team in the playoffs. Either they did a great job of shutting down Tarasenko or he was bought out by the Russian mob, he didn't do s*** until the series was all but over.

Unless Vasilevsky stands on his head, I think the Penguins win tonight, but it's hockey so who the hell knows.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
So after all that, this Sharks core finally made a Stanley Cup Final. I don't know why they only had 96 points in the regular season, they looked like a damn good team in the playoffs. Either they did a great job of shutting down Tarasenko or he was bought out by the Russian mob, he didn't do s*** until the series was all but over.

Unless Vasilevsky stands on his head, I think the Penguins win tonight, but it's hockey so who the hell knows.

St Louis all of a sudden couldnt do much. San Jose's PP just destroyed them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 26, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
St Louis all of a sudden couldnt do much. San Jose's PP just destroyed them.

That PP is fun to watch when it's on. They know what they are doing. Brent Burns is a beast and Pavelski is incredible with his redirects.

Very excited to be in the finals again. Been a while. SJ is a whole different animal though. It'll be bittersweet because I always liked SJ out of the west. It's great to see them finally in it and not having choked again. They do scare the hell out of me especially with that PP. Should be an awesome series. With that said, I have to tip my cap to TB for a great series and Matt Murray for being solid as a 21 year old goalie in the playoffs. That's crazy. Fleury was young as well last time Pittsburgh won the cup.

As a playoff-only Hawks fan, and a hockey bandwagon guy, tell me ... will Hawks return to the top next year? Any keys to tweaking the roster to claim another Cup? I remember the last day of the season some drunk was on Grobstien's show trashing Crawford. Les told the guy to wake up. CC is still the best.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
Sharks getting dominated at home right now.

When you play 13 games vs the Predators and Blues, it probably is tough to adjust to the speed of the Penguins. Plus,;Pitt has stayed out of the penalty box.