2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
Boston has 13th, 14th and 15th picks now. They can move up to #3 or they can give out of those to us for Sharp. :D

I still can't believe they traded Hamilton for that. Calgary's top 4 is very, very good now.

And apparently now they're after Sharpie.

Shawn Hutcheon @ShawnHutcheon

Just told by a league scout #NHLBruins are pursuing Patrick Sharp from #NHLBlackhawks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
Damn I thought there would be a lot more activity in this thread for the hawks by the time I got home from work. So nothing hawk related happened?

man, i really thought that there were going to be a lot of exciting news coming from the hawks camp. i really hope the sox are not asking for a huge rtn of there players.

on the other note, i remembered that this draft was deep in talent. just maybe the activity will happen after the draft.

either way, bickell - i would be happy for a rtn of vouchers at a concession stand

sharp - 1 rn next yr,

steeger - a 4 and 5 rounder.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
Damn I thought there would be a lot more activity in this thread for the hawks by the time I got home from work. So nothing hawk related happened?

Nope. They traded Friday's pick for three game winning goals in the final two rounds of the playoffs. Good deal.

Antti Raanta traded to the Rangers for F Ryan Haggerty.

I liked Raanta but it was obvious Darling had supplanted him. I wonder who takes the #3 goalie spot now, because you never survive a full season with only 2 goalies.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Antti Raanta traded to the Rangers for F Ryan Haggerty.

I liked Raanta but it was obvious Darling had supplanted him. I wonder who takes the #3 goalie spot now, because you never survive a full season with only 2 goalies.

This pretty much guarantees Crawford will not be traded. The chances of him being traded were slim to begin with, but this shuts that door completely IMO. But ya, no real obvious #3 goalie candidate.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
This pretty much guarantees Crawford will not be traded. The chances of him being traded were slim to begin with, but this shuts that door completely IMO. But ya, no real obvious #3 goalie candidate.

there is a slim chance that it Antti Niemi gets signed as a fa and then the hawks can trade crawford.

the age difference between the 2 if only 1 yr and that is Niemi is older by 1 yr. for me, stat wise, he is still a very good goalie.

Raanta trade is a bit of a head scratcher to me. I, for one, liked him and still see him as a potential #1 on a good team. I'm not against trading him in general, but the return makes it look like a salary dump even though the kid wasn't making any money.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
Raanta trade is a bit of a head scratcher to me. I, for one, liked him and still see him as a potential #1 on a good team. I'm not against trading him in general, but the return makes it look like a salary dump even though the kid wasn't making any money.

Q wasn't a fan apparently. Saw that on twitter

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Q wasn't a fan apparently. Saw that on twitter

That's fine, but it doesn't mean you have to give him a way for a dime-a-dozen level prospect

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
That's fine, but it doesn't mean you have to give him a way for a dime-a-dozen level prospect

Especially given some of the recent trades for goalies, teams were givinggiving up a lot.

That being said, it almost seems like they were trying to do Raanta a favor. "We like you, but there is no room for you in the NHL. We will help you out and trade you to a team with an open backup spot"

That seems to make the most sense, it didn't help the salary cap.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 01:26 AM)
The one "fault" you can really put on the Hawks is giving away talent that didn't seem to be given a chance, or sold very low. Pirri, Hayes, Morin, and I agree that I thought if Raanta was given a shot, he had something. But, I guess that is what happens when the NHL roster is tough to crack.

the trade of Raanta was imo, a necessary one. i am in the thinking that this was probably the best time. however asking for a rtn was going to be a problem. yeah, i think it was a salary dump.

thing is, some one mention how Tallon was doing the same thing and he was not a competent gm.

ref to my wish of the hawks signing a goalie Antti Niemi and trading crawford. yeah i know it was a pipe dream. but it would be a nice way around the cap.

:cheers

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
It wasn't actually a salary dump, he will be making 800K next year. That wasn't the reason. Someone mentioned it before, I think this was more of a "favor" move for Raanta, he signed here a few years ago, I'm sure was promised a shot, and it didn't happen. If there isn't room, give the kid a chance to play somewhere else. Given what has transpired, I think that's a respectable move from the front office, but obviously there are bigger issues to now address.

i agree. this was a necessary pick. it is a win-win situation. the hawks doesn't get a black eye for the way they handle him, remember he is popular in his country and nice was to keep the good will.

second, a player, if develop right, may be serviceable. i just hope with a successful coach and a org can emphasis some positive coaching tips.

this is the best in this situation.