2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
At the very absolute best case, what it means is that Patrick Kane put himself in harms way. Again. Worst case...

At the best case, Kane and his friends took two willing girls home and one saw a pay day and falsely accused him of something he didn't do.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 02:38 AM)
At the best case, Kane and his friends took two willing girls home and one saw a pay day and falsely accused him of something he didn't do.

this crap is the reason why i kept on telling and posting, wait and see..... really stupid things to say,when no one knows the facts.

let the facts speak for themselves.

again, people have opinions and have a right to voice them ...... as do i.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
this crap is the reason why i kept on telling and posting, wait and see..... really stupid things to say,when no one knows the facts.

let the facts speak for themselves.

again, people have opinions and have a right to voice them ...... as do i.

Read my post. I said best case in response to another. Your post makes no sense in context.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)

Which means he again put himself into a bad situation. Like him or not, Patrick Kane is a f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
Which means he again put himself into a bad situation. Like him or not, Patrick Kane is a f***ing idiot.

What professional athlete do you know of that hasnt taken a girl home from a bar? Obviously he's a moron for not vetting them better but I dont see that situation as abnormal

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:56 PM)
What professional athlete do you know of that hasnt taken a girl home from a bar? Obviously he's a moron for not vetting them better but I dont see that situation as abnormal

That doesn't mean anything to be honest. Doing stupid things on the basis that everyone does it, doesn't make it any smarter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 01:56 PM)

Or, you know, he could have been stupid for sexually assaulting a woman while under the influence of alcohol.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
Or, you know, he could have been stupid for sexually assaulting a woman while under the influence of alcohol.

Rock was just responding to the argument that Kane was stupid even if he was complete innocent. He is clearly not condoning Kane's behavior if indeed he raped the woman.

got this from hockey trade rumor.

Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald: The Blackhawks don’t know yet if Patrick Kane will be available to them when the season starts. If Kane is charged, the NHL can suspend Kane indefinitely. If the NHL does nothing, the Blackhawks could do nothing, look to trade him, release him, or suspend him.The Blackhawks have continually warned Kane about his off-ice behavior. The Blackhawks likely know more about what is going on than the rest of us.Rozner thinks the Blackhawks have talked the NHL about the Kane situation, have likely received calls from teams on Kane, and are considering all

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
got this from hockey trade rumor.

Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald: The Blackhawks don’t know yet if Patrick Kane will be available to them when the season starts. If Kane is charged, the NHL can suspend Kane indefinitely. If the NHL does nothing, the Blackhawks could do nothing, look to trade him, release him, or suspend him.The Blackhawks have continually warned Kane about his off-ice behavior. The Blackhawks likely know more about what is going on than the rest of us.Rozner thinks the Blackhawks have talked the NHL about the Kane situation, have likely received calls from teams on Kane, and are considering all

This is a bunch of words that reveal nothing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 11:22 PM)
This is a bunch of words that reveal nothing.

you may very well be right in this thoughts. but it does cover some questions that should be talked about ... at this time.

except for the stupidity of this whole thing, that is front and center.

it also gives some options as to what might or may happen, esp with Kane traveling or leaving his home town state.

again, all i am hedging on is preseason is right around the corner and it is all quiet on the hawks front.

there are 2 questions i am wondering on, is the nhl will suspend Kane, or will the Hawks suspend Kane.

here is a question, if the police hasn't charge him by, lets say end of sept..... what are the hawks going to do???

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
Out of that I think I got that Patrick Kane is a blackhawks player and things could possibly happen to him or not.

oh i wish there was a icon of someone slapping their fore head....

that is funny and i needed that. :lol:

If I owned the Blackhawks, I would be looking to trade Patrick Kane. Though I said the same thing years ago too, and he seemed to clean himself up for a couple of years before this latest incident. Bottom line, as an owner, the last thing in the world I want to hear is "Blackhawks star accused of ...."

I would be trying to get fair value for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
If I owned the Blackhawks, I would be looking to trade Patrick Kane. Though I said the same thing years ago too, and he seemed to clean himself up for a couple of years before this latest incident. Bottom line, as an owner, the last thing in the world I want to hear is "Blackhawks star accused of ...."

And here's the article about that that just came out from Mark Lazerus. At least 5 teams have contacted Hawks about Kane.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/92...ng-patrick-kane

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)

Devil's advocate -

Let's say the girl in question is making it up. What did Kane do wrong? Have a one night stand?

I'm not defending him, either. I think the way athletes and entertainers use women is pretty bad. It's also really dumb for them to put themselves in a situation where they might be accused of something by someone they don't really know. But, I don't think one night stands are uncommon in sports, so I don't see why the Hawks would have a higher standard for Kane in this regard than they would for any of his teammates.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
Devil's advocate -

Let's say the girl in question is making it up. What did Kane do wrong? Have a one night stand?

I'm not defending him, either. I think the way athletes and entertainers use women is pretty bad. It's also really dumb for them to put themselves in a situation where they might be accused of something by someone they don't really know. But, I don't think one night stands are uncommon in sports, so I don't see why the Hawks would have a higher standard for Kane in this regard than they would for any of his teammates.

There is a lot of smoke around Patrick Kane. Whether a fire breaks out, that is what the Hawks need to decide.

If you get equal value him you move him, if not, pray this is a wake up call.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
And here's the article about that that just came out from Mark Lazerus. At least 5 teams have contacted Hawks about Kane.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/92...ng-patrick-kane

Interesting. Like I had said earlier, I think the fact that they have already won 3 Cups with #88 makes it much easier to suddenly get rid of him, then if they were coming off just one Cup and looking to so to speak build a dynasty.

Devil's advocate -

Really? It seems like Kane has earned having every single off-ice action held to a higher standard than his teammates.

Devil's advocate -

I am not looking at this as a one time incident. While this has the potential to be the worst of everything, it is one in a line of many stupid things. At best (for Kane) the girl made this up, and he was cheating on his girlfriend, putting himself into a situation to nationally embarrass his employer, every single time this case gets mentioned nationally. No one seems to be questioning whether Kane and this girl had sex, so I am going to go with that they did.

Even if it is your best employee, after so long of making your business look bad, you get rid of them. Say what you want about "other teammates", but how many have had nationally covered instances of dragging the team name across the media. How many have done it multiple times. If I were Rocky Wirtz, I would love nothing more then to get good value for Patrick Kane and be done with him.

Devil's advocate -

Still, trouble always seems to find him. How could anyone be sure if this goes away, there won't be another. The Blackhawks have more information than I do, and supposedly they have asked him to watch his behavior a lot more than has been reported the past several years. If this goes away, he can still bring back an awesome package in a trade. One more incident, which if you had to bet on it, you would have to say the odds favor it, and he may be toast. He's a face of the franchise. He can't keep getting in trouble.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)

I would not be trying to trade Kane as all he did was have sex with a starf***er. He's a point per game or better player about to enter his prime.