2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
we've found your VP

2bb.gif

Tough...but I'm going with Greg. When his campaign funds dry out, I'll swoop in and have him as my VP. We'll run on a combo platform of "gaging all sabs".

PS: I love Greg...a man unfraid to speak his mind, which is exactly what this site is for...also, he created the term sabs, a term I love so much that I actually regularly use it in my weekly convo's with my sports buddies.

Note: The "gaging" comment relates to my propensity for blowing up the website in my early days as I changed forum software or ran upgrades.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
Tough...but I'm going with Greg. When his campaign funds dry out, I'll swoop in and have him as my VP. We'll run on a combo platform of "gaging all sabs".

PS: I love Greg...a man unfraid to speak his mind, which is exactly what this site is for...also, he created the term sabs, a term I love so much that I actually regularly use it in my weekly convo's with my sports buddies.

Note: The "gaging" comment relates to my propensity for blowing up the website in my early days as I changed forum software or ran upgrades.

This whole post hurt my head.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)

Some early drinking this fine day?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
#Blackhawks trade Versteeg and Nordstrom to CAR for D Dennis Robertson and D Jake Massie and a fifth-round selection in the 2017 NHL Draft

And there it is, I bet Kruger is signed by the weekend. So who's gonna be our new whipping boy that Q won't take out of the lineup now that Versteegiak is gone?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
And there it is, I bet Kruger is signed by the weekend. So who's gonna be our new whipping boy that Q won't take out of the lineup now that Versteegiak is gone?

I bet Panarin is that guy. Q has never really had Russian players here and the stereotype is Russians are lazy and only care about themselves.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
I didn't care for Versteeg. Liked Nordstrom, though.

I'm still trying to figure out how Nordstrom actually did for the Hawks.

Regardless, I can't believe Carolina gave up so much for Versteeg. Yikes.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
Panarin is supposed to be a stud. Every team wanted him and every Russian vet that has been around him expects him to be a star.

But Q has to play him. There is a bit of a stigma around Russian players since Kovalchuk essentially legitimized the KHL. The fear is always that unhappy Russian players will go back to the KHL

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 06:55 PM)
But Q has to play him. There is a bit of a stigma around Russian players since Kovalchuk essentially legitimized the KHL. The fear is always that unhappy Russian players will go back to the KHL

Yes, I said that a few posts back.