2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)
i know nothing of Dano and i really don't have a clue to how he is expected to performed.

but i look at it this way, didn't kane and toews start on the 2 line???

well did they move to the first, both or either one??

ref to age, and moving up, isn't dano, if what is said to be true, be the same age as kane and toews??

penciling him as a 1 st liner without knowing for sure, i think it is wishful hoping.

then again, who will replace Saad and his numbers with the players the hawks has now??

Dano and Panarin can if they reach their ceilings.

Dano is a younger and cheaper Saad if everything goes right.

Panarin is a younger and cheaper Sharp if everything goes right.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
Aside from the Kane stuff, this is the most interested I've been in a Hawks season probably the last five years. I know that sounds crazy, but it's fun having so many questions and potential in the lineup, and if they don't win in the next two years, the pressure is off.

Dano-Toews-Hossa

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane

Bickell-Teuvo-Tikhonov

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Seabs

Hammer-Daley

TVR-Hejda(hopefully)

Love the youth injected into the lineup and seeing who can develop playing along side a bunch of future HOF's. Some aren't going to pan out, others are. Really excited to watch the ups and downs.

Don't get me wrong, it should be a fun year, but I just don't see them going back to back after all of the changes. Those things take a while to work out in hockey. They should be a top team and all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Don't get me wrong, it should be a fun year, but I just don't see them going back to back after all of the changes. Those things take a while to work out in hockey. They should be a top team and all.

It will be a fun year. Hawks are favored again to win the cup in Vegas. Yet, IF everything clicks (Kane playing), this team has more potential than any of the cup winning teams.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)

They also just got done playing 3 months ago. I know Duncan Keith is a cyborg, but some of your most important players are gonna have some tired legs. That's why it's so hard to repeat.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
Depends, if Dano is playing with Toews and Hossa then I think its very doable. He had 21 points in 35 games on a bad Colombus team.

He probably also got a lot more minutes and opportunities then he will get here. Chicago has a lot of good players.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
They also just got done playing 3 months ago. I know Duncan Keith is a cyborg, but some of your most important players are gonna have some tired legs. That's why it's so hard to repeat.

Tired legs, a lot of changes, a lot of if's, plus the obvious off ice stuff...

Too many questions for me to call them the favorite.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Dano and Panarin can if they reach their ceilings.

Dano is a younger and cheaper Saad if everything goes right.

Panarin is a younger and cheaper Sharp if everything goes right.

IF.... that is alot to expect. if.

i rather deal with a certainty and lets deal with the if's when the game is on and the pressure is on. let them prove it.

if.... come on.... i appreciate your enthusiasm but this is not a team that is hoping to see the post season for the first time.

this is a team that is a defending SC champion.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)

and this is where bowman screwed up by not trading bickell, before the draft.

the hawks needs to get another experience dman, to help on the workload.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
Supposedly Kane was told after the Madison incident that he was out of strikes.

I don't think it will be immediate, but even if Kane is cleared, I wouldn't bet he is a Blackhawk a year from now.

to me, sounds about right. sell on the high note. not now.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
I'm sorry, but I'm not expecting too much this season from Dano, Panarin, or Tikhonov. I think Panarin will break out next year, Dano will be an average player in his prime, and Tikhonov won't amount to much.

I don't see how you can see Dano as an average player in his prime. Dano has real good potential, is a top prospect, and put up good numbers on a bad team.

Tikhonov probably won't amount to anything much more than a 3rd liner.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
No one probably wants Bickell

if rumors were correct, the hawks had 2 possible teams before the draft.

the problem was, the gm over estimated the market.

what i read phx wanted bickell and a 1 rnd for phx 3 and 5 rn and a teir 3 minor league prospects.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
I don't see how you can see Dano as an average player in his prime. Dano has real good potential, is a top prospect, and put up good numbers on a bad team.

Tikhonov probably won't amount to anything much more than a 3rd liner.

again, there are soooo many variable associated with this line of thinking. you are making too many assumptions.

if ....... a huge if, every things works out.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
again, there are soooo many variable associated with this line of thinking. you are making too many assumptions.

if ....... a huge if, every things works out.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
if rumors were correct, the hawks had 2 possible teams before the draft.

the problem was, the gm over estimated the market.

what i read phx wanted bickell and a 1 rnd for phx 3 and 5 rn and a teir 3 minor league prospects.

:huh

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
:huh

the second one was a rumor.... on how things unfolded. i am not making up the rumor. i am repeating it, which was discuss at length on this thread several weeks ago.

so what is so confusing???? this is a msg board, you are an admin person and you should know there are many rumors flying around.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
the second one was a rumor.... on how things unfolded. i am not making up the rumor. i am repeating it, which was discuss at length on this thread several weeks ago.

so what is so confusing???? this is a msg board, you are an admin person and you should know there are many rumors flying around.

His point is that you are making an assumption, based on a rumor, but you are telling people not to make assumptions. You don't see how that is contradictory?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
His point is that you are making an assumption, based on a rumor, but you are telling people not to make assumptions. You don't see how that is contradictory?

i stated that it was an rumor that was discussed. whether the source is credible or not. until it is disproved, it is still a viable rumor.

now, i am not making up opinions and basing everything on the assumption, which that person was doing.

now can you see the difference.

i am not taking liberties and digging for a way to make a point ......

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
i stated that it was an rumor that was discussed. whether the source is credible or not. until it is disproved, it is still a viable rumor.

now, i am not making up opinions and basing everything on the assumption, which that person was doing.

I can see the value in the conversation, but I don't agree with the distinction you are making. It is no different than any other assumption based on a rumor that gets discussed here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
I can see the value in the conversation, but I don't agree with the distinction you are making. It is no different than any other assumption based on a rumor that gets discussed here.

and with those parameters, i agree.

this doesn't need to be a rant on drawing a fine line in the sand to prove the other person wrong. we are all fans of the chi teams.

this whole thing should not belie the fact that everyone may not be right.

i am done on this point of discussion.

peace.

Edit~~~~ now for the news from the hawks FO

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)

I didnt dig, that was like 3 posts beforehand. And you have been making assumptions about the GM messing up before the draft since the draft ended