2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
It is pretty arrogant to hold a press conference, but have the guy not answer anything related to what everyone wants to talk about. If that is the case, just release as statement saying that because of the on-going proceedings he can't talk to the press, but will once everything is resolved. What happened today was the worst of both worlds.

a excellent point.

yeah i agree. it is a waste of time.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't think anyone is too upset and what Kane did or didn't say. You can easily understand the situation he is in and why he has to be very limited in what he is speaking about.

But the presentation was very amateur hour by the front office, and quite frankly they need to be better than that. Expectations have been raised across the board over the last five years, for good reason, and they are held to a very high standard.

excellent point.

but who is to say, that is what they wanted to do.in a way to divert the attention from kane and the players???

i would love someone to ask something like, with regards of the criminal case going on, do you think you will put the same offensive numbers that your contract dictate??

totally unrelated to this kane stuff. i wish someone would have asked about any expected trades with regards to other players on the team in order to get better.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
I dont know what everyone is so upset about, it went exactly how people thought it would. If people are really surprised that Kane didnt answer those questions I dont know what to tell you. They said that he was going to only answer questions about hockey and then pretty much every question he got wasnt about hockey and then here comes the "zomg he wont even answer questions about his drinking"

But why not answer that one? Why not answer the one about if he feels he let the fans down? Those two things have zero to do with the legal aspects of this case.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
But why not answer that one? Why not answer the one about if he feels he let the fans down? Those two things have zero to do with the legal aspects of this case.

Because hes being investigated for rape and absolutely anything he says can be held against him. If he says hes not gonna drink anymore it could make it look like he feels guilty, if he says he isnt going to change anything people will say its disrespectful to the accuser etc. They flat out said he was only going to answer questions about hockey and then people are upset that he didnt answer questions not related to hockey.

I can also understand people suggesting to maybe not have the press conference but there would also be a handful of people griping about them not releasing a statement about why Kane is allowed at tc. If anything they just shouldnt have allowed questions to Kane but everything else seemed relevant to me.

The team got a chance to explain why Kane was invited to attend camp and Kane finally got the chance to claim he feels he is innocent and that it will be proven when the facts come out. That might seem like a cliche thing for him to say and think "well of course he would say that" but he has been silent since he was accused and even the lack of any statement from him can be viewed as suspicious from outsiders.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
And you have never seen any of those players play a minute of hockey.

I've seen Dano a few times (full games) and I've seen Panarin highlights. I admit that I haven't seen Tikhonov but I maintain my prediction on him.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
Because hes being investigated for rape and absolutely anything he says can be held against him. If he says hes not gonna drink anymore it could make it look like he feels guilty, if he says he isnt going to change anything people will say its disrespectful to the accuser etc. They flat out said he was only going to answer questions about hockey and then people are upset that he didnt answer questions not related to hockey.

I can also understand people suggesting to maybe not have the press conference but there would also be a handful of people griping about them not releasing a statement about why Kane is allowed at tc. If anything they just shouldnt have allowed questions to Kane but everything else seemed relevant to me.

The team got a chance to explain why Kane was invited to attend camp and Kane finally got the chance to claim he feels he is innocent and that it will be proven when the facts come out. That might seem like a cliche thing for him to say and think "well of course he would say that" but he has been silent since he was accused and even the lack of any statement from him can be viewed as suspicious from outsiders.

a different way of looking at it.

i said i wasn't sure about this thing and i will now say i was right. what the hawks did was laid the ground work and show some support, within the scope of "he is innocent until proven guilty".

they should have allowed him to make a statement and then leave. no answer and question session. that part was all screwed up. i still, for the life of me, figure out why they did it??

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 01:40 AM)
Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea and wonders how much Seabrook Has left?

i have several thoughts on that.

1. how much is the extension $$$ wise.

2. how are they going to find the roster space with a tight salary cap to absorb it.

now looking at the dman the hawks has, will have and what maybe on market. it might just work out. this yr, his performance will be the telltale for me.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
i have several thoughts on that.

1. how much is the extension $$$ wise.

2. how are they going to find the roster space with a tight salary cap to absorb it.

now looking at the dman the hawks has, will have and what maybe on market. it might just work out. this yr, his performance will be the telltale for me.

Not including this extension, Hawks would have 11 million in cap space with where the current cap is at. Seabrook will probably get a minor raise, however, the only free agents next year are Kruger, Tikhonov, and Shaw.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 02:35 AM)
Not including this extension, Hawks would have 11 million in cap space with where the current cap is at. Seabrook will probably get a minor raise, however, the only free agents next year are Kruger, Tikhonov, and Shaw.

i don't know, but i think someone is going to need to be moved. now, i wonder who.

also, i really think they going to need to find prospects who can replace a group of excellent dmen.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
i don't know, but i think someone is going to need to be moved. now, i wonder who.

also, i really think they going to need to find prospects who can replace a group of excellent dmen.

Bickell can be moved or bought out next season. He only has 1 more year on his deal after this year, that is much more appealing to teams that will be trying to get to the cap floor. Or they could just flat out buy him out and save at least 2 million.

Are you talking about forward prospects or defensive prospects? Offensively, they have quite a few prospects that are blocked from player on the big club. Defensively, they have Ville Pokka who is a right handed Nick Leddy. An absolute stud that should make the team in a year or two.

Bickell can be moved or bought out next season. He only has 1 more year on his deal after this year, that is much more appealing to teams that will be trying to get to the cap floor. Or they could just flat out buy him out and save at least 2 million.

excellent analysis and i agree.

Are you talking about forward prospects or defensive prospects? Offensively, they have quite a few prospects that are blocked from player on the big club. Defensively, they have Ville Pokka who is a right handed Nick Leddy. An absolute stud that should make the team in a year or two.

nah, i am talking about 2 dmen ..... they, the sox org will need to find some replacement players for the future .... these dmen, in the system of Q, can not maintain that level of play, before they start to tire out. meaning tired legs for the elder players.

it is just an age factor.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)

excellent analysis and i agree.

nah, i am talking about 2 dmen ..... they, the sox org will need to find some replacement players for the future .... these dmen, in the system of Q, can not maintain that level of play, before they start to tire out. meaning tired legs for the elder players.

it is just an age factor.

Well until they do wear out, no need to worry about it now. Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson are workhorses. It's a matter if Daley & TVR can stay healthy, and Rundblad can take a step.

Remember, Hawks also have Visnovsky, Hejda, and Rozival in training camp on try outs. The first 2 could very well make the team.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:18 AM)
Well until they do wear out, no need to worry about it now. Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson are workhorses. It's a matter if Daley & TVR can stay healthy, and Rundblad can take a step.

Remember, Hawks also have Visnovsky, Hejda, and Rozival in training camp on try outs. The first 2 could very well make the team.

ok, i see what you are saying, but you are not looking at what i am saying.

i hope i can put it this way and make my point .... in a better way you and many other could understand.

this is on me. no offense.

so the hawks really don't have depth in the minors or better yet in and around the age of 18-21 to step in.

as you said, seabs, hammer and don't forget keith will be looking a little long in the tooth in 3 or 4 yrs. they, the hawks will need players who will step in and be the next group of hammer, seabs and keith.

in other words, draft them now and let them develop in time.

i will admit this, i am now extremely greedy, i love the lord stanley cup in the hawks possession. i would really hate to see go somewhere else other than chi.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 02:38 AM)

something pop up when i was writing up something else.

you also need to remember, ref the bold, that the waiver will be coming up. so why would anyone want to trade for him when they can get something on the cheap.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
Defensively, they have Ville Pokka who is a right handed Nick Leddy. An absolute stud that should make the team in a year or two.

Heh.. Pokka wishes he had the elite speed Leddy possess. Few dman skate like he does.

Also.. Joe Cool man's favorite Hawk of all time Daniel Carcillo retires. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/daniel-carcillo-retirement/ Alot of respect for what he's doing in memory of Steve Montador.