2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Not sure I'd compare Kane to a crack addict. I'm not sure you've actually looked up Hamiltons past

He's done significantly more damage to the Blackhawks brand than Hamilton has done to the Rangers brand. I don't believe Hamilton has been accused of a violent crime.

It's less fair to Hamilton. Kane is in the position where he needs a babysitter.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:03 AM)
Odds are, the damage has already been done. I don't understand why a press conference is necessary. Either charge him or don't.

all these comments here and including mine are simply a guest.

my problem has been several things, where were the defensive marks, scratches on Kane???

next is why are the victims letting kane and company do this pr move. yeah it is a pr move. no marks, high celebrity going about and doing his work.

these questions, a lawyer needs to answer, but i am wondering if it is their time to come out. did she have any facial bruising, black and blue hand grips bruising on her arm. maybe the legal team is coming out with a set of statistics showing and further explaining the dna results and lack of dna samples in past cases.

i don't know. these are some of the questions i had since the dna results and since this started.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
all these comments here and including mine are simply a guest.

my problem has been several things, where were the defensive marks, scratches on Kane???

Kane's body wasn't part of a rape kit. As a result, he was likely not examined at the same time, if at all.

next is why are the victims letting kane and company do this pr move. yeah it is a pr move. no marks, high celebrity going about and doing his work.

I'm not sure what this is referring to. The press conference was confusing to me, because

1) The investigation is still ongoing. If he's charged, they can't play him, so that pr stunt looks bad.

2) It reaffirms that the center of this SC Winning offseason was an off the ice issue centered around one player.

these questions, a lawyer needs to answer, but i am wondering if it is their time to come out. did she have any facial bruising, black and blue hand grips bruising on her arm. maybe the legal team is coming out with a set of statistics showing and further explaining the dna results and lack of dna samples in past cases.

The alleged victim's word is an important piece of the puzzle. Her actions are certainly text book for someone in her situation.

i don't know. these are some of the questions i had since the dna results and since this started.

The problem is always the same with sexual assault, though. My responses are in bold. It's a really touchy subject and we don't really examine the fact that he may have just assaulted her or made her feel threatened, both of which are crimes. We shall see tomorrow I suppose.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
He's done significantly more damage to the Blackhawks brand than Hamilton has done to the Rangers brand. I don't believe Hamilton has been accused of a violent crime.

It's less fair to Hamilton. Kane is in the position where he needs a babysitter.

lol what. You do know Hamiltons addiction took him completely out of baseball for several years right? Such a strange comparison you are making.

For some of us hockey playoff fans, how much did the Hawks lose from their title team? I know there was talk they'd have to shed salary. So did we lose a ton and what are the prospects of winning it all again this year? Did the Blackhawks get gutted of talent? Or not?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)
For some of us hockey playoff fans, how much did the Hawks lose from their title team? I know there was talk they'd have to shed salary. So did we lose a ton and what are the prospects of winning it all again this year? Did the Blackhawks get gutted of talent? Or not?

Yeah, the salary cap cost them a player from each of their top 3 lines and their #4 defenseman, but Vegas still has them as the favorite to win it all.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:17 AM)

that is a good question and like anything and everything else, you will get many opinions.

for me, the biggest hit will be loosing Saad . the biggest disappointment will be not being able to move bickell and steeger before the draft. however moving steeger now, was a good thing to help the salary cap.

remember i look at things as a person who needs to see these players with a known track record. i don't see the idea of getting and relying on a player who has promise and potential.

so this bring everything to this point. offensively the hawks lost the goal scoring and point total of >

Saad, 23 g 29 a and a #1 winger

sharp 68 games, 16 g 23 a and a solid to even a real good #1 type talent.

steeger 14g 20a and a #3 type of player.

lets not forget the other players who left for a bigger salary.

also lets not forget that in Q system, he expects the players to be very responsible for their position and defense. that comes with nhl experience.

the bottom line is the hawks did pick up some interesting players, but i trust Q as the leader who will get the team there. i also like the leaders on the team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Not sure I'd compare Kane to a crack addict. I'm not sure you've actually looked up Hamiltons past

Yeah, Josh Hamilton comps are hyperbole. I have never heard of a drug problem with the guy, unlike some of his teammates. I do thing is obvious he has an alcohol problem, and a problem making intelligent decisions.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 06:51 AM)
Any chance this PC is to announce charges are being dropped?

The presser today is from the accuser's attorney, it has nothing to do with the DA's investigation. Also, no charges have even been filed yet by the DA's office, so there is nothing to drop.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Isn't alcohol really a drug?

Not according to about every legislator in the country. Either is nicotine.

Hamilton was consuming over a fifth of Crown a day for several years. That's on top of his crack cocaine use. Dude liked to party, alone.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 07:25 AM)
The presser today is from the accuser's attorney, it has nothing to do with the DA's investigation. Also, no charges have even been filed yet by the DA's office, so there is nothing to drop.

Which I new. My bad. Let me rephrase: is there a way this PC is to announce that they will not be moving forward with trying to charge Kane?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Which I new. My bad. Let me rephrase: is there a way this PC is to announce that they will not be moving forward with trying to charge Kane?

Why would you hold a press conference for that? Wouldn't you just release a statement or say nothing? It's just gonna bring more attention to the victim.