2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
This is just nuts. A lot of it feels like a circus because the results didn't go the accuser's way.

That said, part of me feels like Kaner hired some asshole to bust in, steal evidence, and deliver that empty s*** to the accuser's mom's house!

This would make a great Lifetime movie assuming Kane does go away for rape. :lol:

The thing is that it was just the bag holding the evidence so it wasn't the evidence itself. That's what makes it weird.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
The thing is that it was just the bag holding the evidence so it wasn't the evidence itself. That's what makes it weird.

If it's the official sealed and tagged evidence, it's what verifies that everything is still legit and controlled. If the evidence is out of its proper storage, then the chain of custody is broken and it's basically useless (remember Ryan Braun getting off on this technicality a few years ago?)

But the police are saying the coc is legit so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
From the police dept:

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=714079612025162

What a weird turn.

That's great and all, but, Mr. Record Keeper at the Police Department, why is your evidence bag outside of the evidence room?

They can say all they want that the chain was never broken between the time they collected the sample to the time it was tested, but if they can't keep custody of the evidence after the test, why on earth should we believe them when they say they had it before the test?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
WGRZVerified account

‏@WGRZ

#BREAKING: The Erie Co. Services says that the evidence in the #PatrickKane case is accounted for and in its original packaging

This could explain it. The bag might just be a really, really bad prank.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
And even if someone did tamper with the evidence, why would they leave that bag where they did? What would that accomplish besides getting a lawyer to hold a press conference?

I think the idea is that this was some whistleblower who knew about the tampering and wanted to alert the victim.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
That's great and all, but, Mr. Record Keeper at the Police Department, why is your evidence bag outside of the evidence room?

They can say all they want that the chain was never broken between the time they collected the sample to the time it was tested, but if they can't keep custody of the evidence after the test, why on earth should we believe them when they say they had it before the test?

Maybe it's another evidence bag. Or maybe there is another explanation. If not, I'm with you, the chain had to be broken.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
If it's the official sealed and tagged evidence, it's what verifies that everything is still legit and controlled. If the evidence is out of its proper storage, then the chain of custody is broken and it's basically useless (remember Ryan Braun getting off on this technicality a few years ago?)

But the police are saying the coc is legit so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jeez what the hell is going on? The bag left at her mom's house only serves the defense correct? So is it within the realm of possibility that its fake? I dont understand anything that is happening here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Maybe it's another evidence bag. Or maybe there is another explanation. If not, I'm with you, the chain had to be broken.

According to the lawyer for the accused, the bag had her name/DOB on it. So it's the evidence bag. It's just not the rape kit/evidence itself. The question is why would the evidence bag not be with the evidence, secured in the evidence room.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
According to the lawyer for the accused, the bag had her name/DOB on it. So it's the evidence bag. It's just not the rape kit/evidence itself. The question is why the hell the bag isn't with the evidence secured in the evidence room.

The police say it is. The question is who else could possibly either find a discarded bag, find a bag that was opened, or forged a bag with her name an DOB on it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
I think the idea is that this was some whistleblower who knew about the tampering and wanted to alert the victim.

Maybe the girls attorney used google and bought it online and planted it himself to make people like you believe in a conspiracy theory. See how insane that sounds. Just about as bad as some random whistleblower doing it this way.

http://www.crimescene.com/store/index.php?...;products_id=93

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
It's multiple police agencies as well as a lab and a hospital. Thats a lot of covering up that needs to be done.

It would not take everyone to come in contact with it to cover it up, no.

That said seems like might be a misunderstanding. I highly doubt the accused came up with this story

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
It would not take everyone to come in contact with it to cover it up, no.

That said seems like might be a misunderstanding. I highly doubt the accused came up with this story

That depends if you at some point violated the chain of custody and someone within the chain was in on it. The evidence goes from the hospital, to police, to lab, back to police and to central evidence. Somewhere along that line someone would have to break a seal that was signed by a nurse/doctor then somehow get them to reseal it with the exact same seal with their initials and then put back into the chain prior to analyzation by the third party lab. Thats if you were really trying to change or tamper with evidence.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Basically as of now I'm going to throw up my hands and ignore this story until something official happens because it's officially crossed the line to surreal. I don't see any other way to respond to what we've seen so far.

Its literally like watching a crime TV show.

Is it possible they put the kit in this bag, signed it, forgot to include something, opened it up and threw it away while sealing the evidence in another bag and sending it?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Its literally like watching a crime TV show.

Is it possible they put the kit in this bag, signed it, forgot to include something, opened it up and threw it away while sealing the evidence in another bag and sending it?

I would think they would just reseal the bag for this very reason: you don't want two evidence bags out there.

End of the day, it's odd that the PD didn't say "yeah that's not our bag." If it is their bag, again, why the hell is it outside of the evidence room, separated from the evidence it should be containing?

If i'm the accuser's attorney i'm loving this. The DNA evidence hurts you already, now you're throwing the whole test into question. Now it's a he said/she said case with this really odd conspiracy/cover up angle.