2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
It's a last resort, but you have to argue the facts that you have. And what makes you think this is going away? It's growing and getting weirder by the day.

Because I saw yesterday as a last ditch effort for the lawyer to still look competent while admitting defeat.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
Because I saw yesterday as a last ditch effort for the lawyer to still look competent while admitting defeat.

I think that was his response to the slut shaming being provided by the press/Kane's side. It's all showmanship at this point.

I don't really trust any "source" in this case anymore, but here's a great piece of "news' to chew on

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 5m5 minutes ago

SOURCE: Neither accuser or her attorneys in Patrick Kane investigation have ever seen the undergarments tested by crime lab.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
I don't really trust any "source" in this case anymore, but here's a great piece of "news' to chew on

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 5m5 minutes ago

SOURCE: Neither accuser or her attorneys in Patrick Kane investigation have ever seen the undergarments tested by crime lab.

Wait, so shes never seen them ever or never seen them tested?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Wait, so shes never seen them ever or never seen them tested?

Apparently never seen the ones that were tested to confirm that they were hers.

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 12m12 minutes ago

Obviously, the accuser's camp would like to verify that the undergarments tested belonged to her, especially in light of yesterday's events

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 11m11 minutes ago

I am NOT saying the underwear has disappeared, just that the accuser's attorneys have never seen it or been given access to it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
I think whoever said yesterday that they officially had no idea what to think anymore was spot on. This case went from pretty traditional, to completely unique in one press conference. At this point, who knows what is reality and what is fiction.

excellent.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)

Obviously, the accuser's camp would like to verify that the undergarments tested belonged to her, especially in light of yesterday's events

I am NOT saying the underwear has disappeared, just that the accuser's attorneys have never seen it or been given access to it.

no matter how this sounds, all it hope to accomplish is the creditability of the result by questioning the integrity of the chain .

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)

She saw them when she gave them to the hospital/police. And why would her attorney have access to evidence after it was submitted? This makes zero sense

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
She saw them when she gave them to the hospital/police. And why would her attorney have access to evidence after it was submitted? This makes zero sense

Now it's just her attorney playing the game, trying to use the evidence bag to question everything.

I thought the original tweet said that she didn't recognize the clothes that were tested, that would have been different.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm not trying to be over dramatic, but I'm checking out of this story. It's getting so weird, so gross, I just want to be done with it.

it is and i too want it done. but that is the news of the day.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)

Probably the wrong thread for it but Julie DiCaro sucks at her job. She supposedly has a Law Degree and stutters through updates every day. Nobody ever says anything because she's the token female employee at The Score now that Kerry Sayers (who was also terrible) is gone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
I'm not trying to be over dramatic, but I'm checking out of this story. It's getting so weird, so gross, I just want to be done with it.

That would be much easier to do if the NHL and/or the Hawks did the smart thing and suspend him for the time being. (with pay if necessary)

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
Probably the wrong thread for it but Julie DiCaro sucks at her job. She supposedly has a Law Degree and stutters through updates every day. Nobody ever says anything because she's the token female employee at The Score now that Kerry Sayers (who was also terrible) is gone.

I actually like Kerry Sayers but I am very biased as she was the lead reporter for Fox Chicago White Sox baseball coverage in 2005.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
I think whoever said yesterday that they officially had no idea what to think anymore was spot on. This case went from pretty traditional, to completely unique in one press conference. At this point, who knows what is reality and what is fiction.

For reference, that was me, and even as of today I'll stand by "I'm going to just mildly cheer for and watch the Hawks as usual and wait for if and when any official details are released".

Does anyone know if NY is able to or required to issue a summary report of the investigation if they don't bring charges? I'm thinking of something like the DA's "I can't prove a rape happened but I think something really bad happened or nearly happened" report in the Roethlisberger case.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
That would be much easier to do if the NHL and/or the Hawks did the smart thing and suspend him for the time being. (with pay if necessary)

At this stage I have a hard time taking a mans job from him. If/once charges are filed, sure suspend away. With as much fiction and mystery that surround the case, I would rather see some solid facts established before a suspension.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
At this stage I have a hard time taking a mans job from him. If/once charges are filed, sure suspend away. With as much fiction and mystery that surround the case, I would rather see some solid facts established before a suspension.

I dont think its lawful to suspend anyone if they arent actually charged with a crime.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
For what exactly?

Just to let the legal situation play out and avoid all the craziness and bad publicity going on.

"Suspend" is the wrong word, I see nothing wrong with having him sit out for now while still getting paid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
I dont think its lawful to suspend anyone if they arent actually charged with a crime.

Other leagues have done that and I don't see why it wouldn't be lawful (again, see the Roethlisberger case for a relevant example).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)

The Blackhawks could cut him from the team at any time if they wanted or send him to the bench indefinitely. They might still have to pay out the contract, but there's nothing that could force them to play him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Just to let the legal situation play out and avoid all the craziness and bad publicity going on.

"Suspend" is the wrong word, I see nothing wrong with having him sit out for now while still getting paid.

But once again, for what? He is not charged with any crime at the moment. There is literally no way they can suspend or sit a player forcefully without actual charges.

In the NHL has this ever happened? I dont even pretend to think the NFL has any bearing on actual reality.

Edited by RockRaines