2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
i hope you can excuse me.... i am a little on the edge and i want to reply to your post.

i like what you wrote.

but consent on what taking her to his home, taking her, who at this time volunteering to go into a room with him...

this is a comment that need some considering of what really happen. only 2 people knows for sure. it is a credibility question.

And I get it, he should be able to take a girl home having never met her before. But if he wants to mitigate risk, he can meet girls the good old fashioned way and be an adult and take her to dinner and a movie or whatever. I know it sounds somewhat naive, but it's also somewhat common sense.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 02:45 AM)
And I get it, he should be able to take a girl home having never met her before. But if he wants to mitigate risk, he can meet girls the good old fashioned way and be an adult and take her to dinner and a movie or whatever. I know it sounds somewhat naive, but it's also somewhat common sense.

very true... and on top of that, he has a steady girlfriend .

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
some hawk scored 2 goal and i don't even know nothing about him.

darling is in the nets.

I was at Stars training camp last week (don't flame, hockey is hockey and live hockey is fun), and about half the players weren't viable prospects.

Literally the only evidence that has been released on record by someone is that the DNA samples that would indicate intercourse were not from Kane. His lawyer has said this multiple times. There is no evidence he did anything with this girl that we know of at the moment. Every other "detail" or narrative is heresay at the moment.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
Literally the only evidence that has been released on record by someone is that the DNA samples that would indicate intercourse were not from Kane. His lawyer has said this multiple times. There is no evidence he did anything with this girl that we know of at the moment. Every other "detail" or narrative is heresay at the moment.

i agree..... i can't believe this, RR is the voice of reason.

:whip

the hawks have or put waivers on Jeremy Morin and Corey Tropp.

i was reading and yeah it is from a site some don't like. it was said that morin 900,000 salary will count on the hawks salary cap whether he is in the minors or not.

anyone know if this is true???

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
some hawk scored 2 goal and i don't even know nothing about him.

darling is in the nets.

Was it Baun? He was given a 2 year deal out of college last year from the Hawks and I believe played against Minnesota. I don't think he makes the team out of the camp but he has that 3rd line feel to him if the Hawks find a way to LTIR or deal Bickell.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
the hawks have or put waivers on Jeremy Morin and Corey Tropp.

i was reading and yeah it is from a site some don't like. it was said that morin 900,000 salary will count on the hawks salary cap whether he is in the minors or not.

anyone know if this is true???

Thank God Morin is gone. He looked great in the AHL and fizzled in the NHL.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 02:07 AM)
Was it Baun? He was given a 2 year deal out of college last year from the Hawks and I believe played against Minnesota. I don't think he makes the team out of the camp but he has that 3rd line feel to him if the Hawks find a way to LTIR or deal Bickell.

yeah it was him .... thanks for the update.

ref bickell, trading him ... that ship has sailed. the best place was arz before the draft. someone screwed up.

so what did arz do to get the team from below the salary cap floor, to get at the floor of the salary cap they traded for pronger who is permanently injured, so his salary will count against the salary cap.

that trade should have been bickel and player and 2 draft picks. but that ship sailed. oh well.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 02:10 AM)
Thank God Morin is gone. He looked great in the AHL and fizzled in the NHL.

yeah if this was baseball. he would be a AAAA kind of a player.

too bad. the hawk had high hopes for him when they first traded for him, the first time around.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
People on twitter like to throw around the word "exonerated" to describe what will happen to Kane. No one is winning. This isn't a game. A woman believes she was violated, a star hockey player is a behavioral problem, a Stanley Cup offseason is completely ruined, and Blackhawk fans look bad like Joe Paterno supporters and Ray Rice supporters.

Well said

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
This is a disgrace. Kindly move somewhere far away and burn all your indian head attire. Blackhawks fans should be better than this.

I don't have any Indian Head Attire. I made a joke about Julie DiCaro because she's bad at her job and she usually speaks when my radio is on. It was in poor taste but it was tongue in cheek. I don't really care. Relax.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
Nobody ever said the cases were similar.

That's exactly what was implied. Otherwise how could the reactions of the fanbases be similarly ridiculous? It's the same line of hyperbole as the ridiculous Josh Hamilton comparison.

The closest comparison might end up being the Duke Lacrosse case. The only thing we know for sure is that Kane put himself in position to be accused. His actions after that are unknown. Did he actually have any sexual contact? We don't know.

Interesting soxtalk throwback thread - http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/lofiversion/...php?t48467.html

totally unrelated to the kane story and i am not rehashing old missed trade opportunity ....

so what i am getting from the little news concerning the hawks and the amount of players they have. according to some rumors, there are some prospects who can start the season in the nhl .... but with the depth the hawks have, they will not make the team. ryan hartman mcneil and some others.

now i am wondering if the hawks can will enter the trade scene sometime this season. now i also wonder if the other team will not be willing to trade unless it is a 1 side trade.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 03:07 AM)

i went and got his profile in from the hockey future.

18. (NR) Kyle Baun, RW, 6.5C

Signed as a free agent, March 2015

It’s become pretty evident Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville is quite a fan of Baun, who Quenneville said was “outstanding in every game he played” during the regular season. Although the 6’2 winger didn’t register a point, Baun seemed to have adjusted to the pace of the NHL rather well. Baun signed with Chicago on March 26 after his third year with Colgate University. The 23-year-old forward collected 79 points (39 goals, 40 assists) in 113 games with the Raiders. It has been assumed Baun could be an essential checking line-type of player for the Blackhawks, mixing his big body with a scoring touch. It’s likely Baun gets a look at some point with the Blackhawks during the 2015-16 season, possibly as soon as opening night.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1290...p-20-prospects/

he sound really promising .... i hope he really develop as hope.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
The closest comparison might end up being the Duke Lacrosse case. The only thing we know for sure is that Kane put himself in position to be accused. His actions after that are unknown. Did he actually have any sexual contact? We don't know.

Interesting soxtalk throwback thread - http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/lofiversion/...php?t48467.html

I guess a lot has changed since that thread.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
IMO, false accusation of rape is probably the worst accusation around *child molesting probably overtakes it*, but these are allegations that even when proven false stick with people. I feel bad for that lacrosse team, their coach f***in lost his job because some girl lied about something with grave consequences. What a lowlife.