2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
Yeah, if he doesn't become celibate for the rest of his life he is just BEGGING to be called a rapist...

Exactly, this is what I do not get. If he is guilty, then he is 100% in the wrong and should be in jail. If he is completely innocent, then what exactly did he do wrong? He met a girl at a bar and took her home - something done nightly by thousands of people between the ages of 20 and 30 in every major city in this country.

I am not trying to say he is guilty or innocent, I have not made an opinion on that and will not. But either he did nothing wrong or he did everything wrong.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Exactly, this is what I do not get. If he is guilty, then he is 100% in the wrong and should be in jail. If he is completely innocent, then what exactly did he do wrong? He met a girl at a bar and took her home - something done nightly by thousands of people between the ages of 20 and 30 in every major city in this country.

I am not trying to say he is guilty or innocent, I have not made an opinion on that and will not. But either he did nothing wrong or he did everything wrong.

There were posts earlier in the thread stating he has an obligation to himself and the Blackhawks to use more caution in regards to putting himself into situations like this. Perhaps some kind of a vetting process, etc.

I think that is what certain posters think he did wrong, even if completely innocent of any legal wrongdoing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
I know I'm the only one, but not a fan of that deal, don't see him aging well.

i too do not like this deal..... 8 yrs????

are the hawks going to have another bickell in the making, toward the end of this contract.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 12:28 AM)
Hawks better pray cap goes up next few years.

i been thinking long and hard on this idea of what i am about to say, for a week or so.

they will need to trade a player with a high salary next yr. since they screwed up in getting rid of bickell.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
i been thinking long and hard on this idea of what i am about to say, for a week or so.

they will need to trade a player with a high salary next yr. since they screwed up in getting rid of bickell.

They can LTIR him this year and I believe next.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
i too do not like this deal..... 8 yrs????

are the hawks going to have another bickell in the making, toward the end of this contract.

Except Seabrook is an all-world defenseman who has years of success, leadership and championships. Bickell had a good 2 months and was shockingly rewarded like a good player.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
Hawks better pray cap goes up next few years.

He's going to get a 1.85 million raise. You're acting like he's going from 900,000 to 6.85.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)

The only major free agents next year are Tikonov, Shaw, and Kruger with around 3.5 million in cap space at the current salary cap. If it goes up, they will have more space then.

Brickell only has 1 year after this. Which means, much easier to trade (full or have to retain a little), or you can just buy him out and get 2 million in cap space.

They can LTIR him this year and I believe next.

no offense but who??

Except Seabrook is an all-world defenseman who has years of success, leadership and championships. Bickell had a good 2 months and was shockingly rewarded like a good player.

first i never like bickell and was adamant on giving him his contract. but 8yr contract. too long. maybe 4 or 5. that will make him 35 or 36 yrs of age. it is just too long of a contract extension.

He's going to get a 1.85 million raise. You're acting like he's going from 900,000 to 6.85.

i think he is saying what i am too long of a contract.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 01:13 AM)
The only major free agents next year are Tikonov, Shaw, and Kruger with around 3.5 million in cap space at the current salary cap. If it goes up, they will have more space then.

Brickell only has 1 year after this. Which means, much easier to trade (full or have to retain a little), or you can just buy him out and get 2 million in cap space.

if all goes well, i don't seem to understand .... my bad, it me.

bickell at 4.5 mil (per hockey ref) , who puts up stats of at least maybe 25 pts per yr. who will want that kind of production and player???

the only way to help get space in the salary cap will be trading someone

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
I like the Seabrook deal.

For those complaining about its length- you know Hossa is signed through 2021, right?

How does Hossa's s***ty long term contract justify signing Seabrook to one too?

Also, keep in mind, that when Hossa signed it, he was gonna retire in 2018 or 2019 with little penalty, but the new CBA screwed that up.

And I do like the first four years of the Seabrook deal, it's the second four I'm not a fan of.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:13 AM)
I like the Seabrook deal.

For those complaining about its length- you know Hossa is signed through 2021, right?

and you make a compelling counter. but lets also add keith, hammer, kane and toews for 5tyrs more.

i like that idea of signing up the main core, or first identify the main core and locked them in.

now ref to hossa, the hawks needed to change the face, they needed to bring in the first fa who want to have a future of a nice salary. but it showed to everyone, the hawks are changing the way they do things. they are wanting to win.

ref seabs, i am glad he is good at this point, and he is 30 going on 31 yrs old. this contract will end when he is 39 yrs old. this contract will hold the hawks back if his skills will start to diminish.... then the contract will hold the hawks back like bickell contract is.

i guess if there is a clause in his contract of a buyout. then i can live with it.

don't get me wrong, i am a fan of his.... i like that the hawks signed him, but i have problem with the 8 yrs.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
Good for Seabs. His leadership, physicality (literally the only d-man we have now who is physical) and clutch goals have all been essential to 3 cups. Glad he's staying and likely retiring a Blackhawk.

and within those parameters .....yeah i too am happy he will prob retire as a blackhawk.

let me add this in your post, he now will have a nice security blanket, for his family and newborn....

ref the games this week and looking at players.

i am now intrigue with with these players

Baun - can he be the power forward in the future, prob another yr in the minors. too bad.

Panarin - i really like what he brings to the hawks. i wouldn't be surprise he is on the #2 line.

Tikhonov - i like him, a solid #2 line but will be prob line up on the #3 line for the hawks.

what ever happen on the beginning off season. the gm did bring in a nice return of players and signing of FA's.

with this surplus of extra, quality group of players on the team, i really can see and hope the hawks can do so major trades. i would settle for nice draft picks and or a young stud potential goaltender of the future.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
ref the games this week and looking at players.

i am now intrigue with with these players

Baun - can he be the power forward in the future, prob another yr in the minors. too bad.

Panarin - i really like what he brings to the hawks. i wouldn't be surprise he is on the #2 line.

Tikhonov - i like him, a solid #2 line but will be prob line up on the #3 line for the hawks.

what ever happen on the beginning off season. the gm did bring in a nice return of players and signing of FA's.

with this surplus of extra, quality group of players on the team, i really can see and hope the hawks can do so major trades. i would settle for nice draft picks and or a young stud potential goaltender of the future.

Nobody has any idea how good Panarin will be over here.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Overall the cap is a major issue not just with Seabrook.

But the Blackhawks being good is the best thing to happen to hockey. I have no doubt the NHL wants the Hawks to retain their good players. Caps will rise as necessary.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
But the Blackhawks being good is the best thing to happen to hockey. I have no doubt the NHL wants the Hawks to retain their good players. Caps will rise as necessary.

yeah and i think what i am remembering is after the 1 SC, the nhl came out with the stats that show the growth of the fans, advertising and commercial media .. that was an increase by huge proportions. now i may be wrong in the words to describe it, but yeah the nhl was also winners with the hawks winning.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
Names officially on the cup.

CP6Jye3WUAA2qOF.jpg

Notable omissions: Antii Raanta and Clint Reif. Just awful they didn't include Reif.

I believe Raanta was dressed for the required 41 games, surprised he wasn't on there.

Reif made the Cup the first two times, so I don't see that as a big deal.