2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 03:43 AM)
Reif should be there. And didn't Raanta somewhat recently sound off on how much he hates us?

ref Raanta, if he made the require games and that is the only requirement, then yeah, he should be on it. it is only right. regardless of sounding off against the org.

i am going on a trade redux here, my personal opinions not and will not be mentioned.

Brandon Pirri traded from the hawks to the panthers for 2 draft picks. 2014 a 3rd and 2016 a 5th rounder.

2014 - 21 games 7g 7a

2015 - 49 games 22g 2a

Kevin Hayes lost due to not signing a ELC. signed by NYR. 900,000 in 2015 salary.

2015 - 79 games 17g 28a and a +/- of +15

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 06:08 AM)
i am going on a trade redux here, my personal opinions not and will not be mentioned.

Brandon Pirri traded from the hawks to the panthers for 2 draft picks. 2014 a 3rd and 2016 a 5th rounder.

2014 - 21 games 7g 7a

2015 - 49 games 22g 2a

Kevin Hayes lost due to not signing a ELC. signed by NYR. 900,000 in 2015 salary.

2015 - 79 games 17g 28a and a +/- of +15

Pirri didn't fit on this team because he didn't play defense.

Kevin Hayes, the Hawks wanted him, but Hayes chose NY because it would be easier to crack the lineup.

Pretty sure Hawks have done just fine without them.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
Pirri didn't fit on this team because he didn't play defense.

Kevin Hayes, the Hawks wanted him, but Hayes chose NY because it would be easier to crack the lineup.

Pretty sure Hawks have done just fine without them.

while what you are saying may be true, but it is not the whole picture.

this was not meant as a criticism or chastising the hawks management, i was trying to, in my weak attempt to show how freaking deep this team is.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
while what you are saying may be true, but it is not the whole picture.

this was not meant as a criticism or chastising the hawks management, i was trying to, in my weak attempt to show how freaking deep this team is.

Not to mention guys like Adam Clendening, Ryan Stanton, and Jeremy Morin (the first time) of guys that are good enough to crack other rosters but not the Hawks.

Mark McNeil will be on this list soon as well imo

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Not to mention guys like Adam Clendening, Ryan Stanton, and Jeremy Morin (the first time) of guys that are good enough to crack other rosters but not the Hawks.

Mark McNeil will be on this list soon as well imo

those two were, at the time nice draft..... imo they never took their development to the next stage.

lets not forget the dman the hawk traded this offseason....

and still the org is still deep. they, the hawks needs to trade some of its offensive surplus at rockford for if anything more draft picks. keep replenishing the surplus.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
those two were, at the time nice draft..... imo they never took their development to the next stage.

lets not forget the dman the hawk traded this offseason....

and still the org is still deep. they, the hawks needs to trade some of its offensive surplus at rockford for if anything more draft picks. keep replenishing the surplus.

Yeah, Johns and Pailotta are on that list as well, and Dahlback in the Vermette trade during last off season.

You won't get anything for the Rockford kids, but you would get something for all of the bottom 6 guys they have now. Shaw, Bickell (retain salary or add prospect to him), Desjardins, Garbutt. Those guys will be expendable next off season I'm sure.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Yeah, Johns and Pailotta are on that list as well, and Dahlback in the Vermette trade during last off season.

You won't get anything for the Rockford kids, but you would get something for all of the bottom 6 guys they have now. Shaw, Bickell (retain salary or add prospect to him), Desjardins, Garbutt. Those guys will be expendable next off season I'm sure.

oh i disagree.... there are some really nice looking kids that will not make this team, but looks great. many teams would love to get their hand on them.

however the rest of your post..... spot on.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
oh i disagree.... there are some really nice looking kids that will not make this team, but looks great. many teams would love to get their hand on them.

however the rest of your post..... spot on.

Who from Rockford that Hawks should trade? They need those guys for depth when the current bottom 6 guys leave.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
Who from Rockford that Hawks should trade? They need those guys for depth when the current bottom 6 guys leave.

The Hawks have many more question marks on this squad then they have had for years. You know some of them will flounder, making the depth in the minors even more important than usual.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
The Hawks have many more question marks on this squad then they have had for years. You know some of them will flounder, making the depth in the minors even more important than usual.

oh man, i was really trying to be mr. positive here. you are not helping.

you do make a point a really good point. it is the big "IF".

if they can produce,

if they can gell with each others,

if the can merge into the team

if crawford can continue to be a #1 goalie.....etc

good post

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
oh man, i was really trying to be mr. positive here. you are not helping.

you do make a point a really good point. it is the big "IF".

if they can produce,

if they can gell with each others,

if the can merge into the team

if crawford can continue to be a #1 goalie.....etc

good post

They have Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Teravainen and a bunch of promising new guys. I think they'll be just fine. Not expecting another Cup this year but when you have the guys they have, they are in the conversation annually.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
They have Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Teravainen and a bunch of promising new guys. I think they'll be just fine. Not expecting another Cup this year but when you have the guys they have, they are in the conversation annually.

maybe it is me and my excitement of this team, i still think if everything gells, the hawks can be in the hunt.

i am trusting coach Q to get this team there.

just my opinion.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
Without knowing what the cap will be six years from now, let alone next year, you really can't make that statement and be "correct".

I absolutely can. The money at the end of this contract will be silly.

And make no mistake, there is no big "NBA TV Deal" coming to jack up the salary cap. In fact, the Salary Cap in hockey is more heavily tied to the value of the Canadian dollar, as NHL only profits in Canada.

It's a fine signing. It should really have been for about 5 seasons, though.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 03:42 AM)
Thank you for teaching me about the NHL salary cap, appreciate it.

And if it was for 5 seasons, the average cap hit would have had to of been much higher. But you already knew that...

this was an excellent conversation going on. i really hated to jump in.... but now it seem to be coming to end.

i will say, i am in the group who thinks that he deserves the value of that contract. but i also agree it is too long. it should have been a 4-5 yr extension starting at the end of this season.

i just hope it is not another bickell contract ....

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
this was an excellent conversation going on. i really hated to jump in.... but now it seem to be coming to end.

i will say, i am in the group who thinks that he deserves the value of that contract. but i also agree it is too long. it should have been a 4-5 yr extension starting at the end of this season.

i just hope it is not another bickell contract ....

It's probably not that bad, mostly for the fact that this team will be exiting its window by the time this contract is up. The only thing this contract does is really emphasize that this "dynasty" has a definitive expiration date.