2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
Makes the trade look even worse right now. I expected Dano to make the team based on Bowman talking about him.

someone can look at it that way.

but i expect him, really a gut feeling, back up with the team. the hawks usually don't explain their moves.

but it is still a surprise move.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
It sounds like his two-way contract was the #1 reason why, not a hockey reason.

Is it worth the $950k in cap savings to keep him in Rockford? You still need a body to replace him in the lineup

That body might be Dano

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Apparently Dano was watching too much instead of doing anything.

After Branden Smith gave him that shoulder to his head in the first preseason game, he really wasn't the same. He played tentative. I am actually ok with this. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call but we'll see what happens when Bickell clears.

They should of bought out Bickell in June, but glad he's gone.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
Apparently Dano was watching too much instead of doing anything.

hey thanks for this update. yeah that should do it, make him wig out on being sent down.

excellent.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
After Branden Smith gave him that shoulder to his head in the first preseason game, he really wasn't the same. He played tentative. I am actually ok with this. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call but we'll see what happens when Bickell clears.

They should of bought out Bickell in June, but glad he's gone.

my statement is plain and simple be hindsight.

but i wanted him brought out last season, earlier in the season. i remember i was posting what was his promise to make solid hits / checks. i think it was suppose to be 5 a game.

what a waste of money.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
hey thanks for this update. yeah that should do it, make him wig out on being sent down.

excellent.

I meant that on the ice, Q caught Dano watching in awe of Hossa & Toews too much rather than trying to help the line.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 01:53 AM)
I meant that on the ice, Q caught Dano watching in awe of Hossa & Toews too much rather than trying to help the line.

i was really happy with the move ... again showing the nerves of coach Q and how he will not comprise anything except what he wants from all the players.

tough coach but then again, with the talent this team has, the hawks won 3SC and i expect more.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
nice game... according the stats sheet .... no one had any meaningful hit.

bickell 4 shots on goal and 0 hits. no pts.

I watched the whole game. I don't know how someone missed Bickell's hits. He had 2 on his first shift of the game. Flattening one player against the boards as well.

He actually had a pretty good game, was noticeable.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
I think it has more to do with his repeated legal issues

The Hawks would have considered moving him if they didn't have the young talent.

Sadly, some of this young talent is going to be lost as a result of Bowman overpaying Brent Seabrook.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
I think it has more to do with his repeated legal issues

yeah, with the new unspoken gentlemen game or something like that, it appears as some team does not want a negative pr.

if he and it does appear that he will come unscathed in this, the hawk may move him in the right deal next yr. that is if some of the young talent develops.

they will need to move someone or 2 b/c of the salary cap....

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
I watched the whole game. I don't know how someone missed Bickell's hits. He had 2 on his first shift of the game. Flattening one player against the boards as well.

He actually had a pretty good game, was noticeable.

you may be right. i will not disagree with some one who watched the game. i was going by 2 boxscores.

thank for the correction.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
The Hawks would have considered moving him if they didn't have the young talent.

Sadly, some of this young talent is going to be lost as a result of Bowman overpaying Brent Seabrook.

seabs overpaying is one thing, i think it was discuss last week of loosing players thru attrition. the hawks really want to keep the main core together for as long as they can. which i can see the reason.

i on the other hand would like to see a gradual shift in talent, coming in and leaving.

i have the up most confidence in coach Q to get them ready for the season, esp the playoff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Just saw the replays. That looked like some Toews his rookie year on the breakaway against Colorado.

great point, i just can't wait to see what is all the excitement on Dano. i really would like to see him up and playing.

if he pans out, the gm has got this team ready for the season.

nice new talent.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)

great find.....

that ring look fantastic ...

if you look on the twitter link the second pict, i never knew that thing was so freaking huge... it looks great by it self but when it is on a person.

the org have done right to its players on this ring.