2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
i bet this the the play that soxpride18 was talking about.

i got this from another hockey site, i wanted to share this quick vid on Panarin..... maybe tied with some wonderful stick handling move i haven't seen in a while.

enjoy

http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/news/924022/

That's video game mode right there.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
interesting ... i really thought it might be Panarin. to tell you the truth, i wish it was.

Didn't you just post that video? THAT'S why he isn't. Kane and AA are PERFECT for him.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Didn't you just post that video? THAT'S why he isn't. Kane and AA are PERFECT for him.

and i thought it would be nice to form a solid #1 line .

the line 2 will be good with TT, AA and kane.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
i mean this as no argument

who would you put as your #1, 2, 3 and 4 line.

no dman.

If it were up to me:

Dano/Toews/Hossa

Panarin/Anisimov/Kane

Teravainen/Kruger/Shaw

Tikhonov/Desjardins/Garbutt

[quote name='Jose Abreu' date='Oct 5, 2015 ->

for me,

Dano/Toews/Hossa

Panarin/Toews/Hossa

Panarin/Anisimov/Kane

Tevo/AA/Kane

Teravainen/Kruger/Shaw

Shaw/Tik/Bickell or Baun

Tikhonov/Desjardins/Garbutt

Desi/Garbutt/Kuger

the biggest question for me is, when will Dano be brought up.

depending on how the season starts, i can see Dano going to #3 line and Baun going to the minors and or Bickell going down.

however i wonder if bickell will wake up and play like he is suppose to.

now i can see Dano going to line 2 and AA going to #3. that will make #2 line a very dangerous scoring line.

Bickell Toews Hossa

-If they're going to maximize Bickell and leave him no excuses, put him with the best player in hockey and one of the best defensive forwards in hockey

Kane Anisimov Panarin

-Makes too much sense

Dano Teuvo Tikhonov

-Tikhonov was the leading scorer at the Worlds in 2014. He has to have a spot in this lineup. I also believe Teuvo's most valuable at center

Desjardins Kruger Shaw

-This would be the best 4th line in hockey

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 11:41 PM)
Bickell Toews Hossa

-If they're going to maximize Bickell and leave him no excuses, put him with the best player in hockey and one of the best defensive forwards in hockey

Kane Anisimov Panarin

-Makes too much sense

Dano Teuvo Tikhonov

-Tikhonov was the leading scorer at the Worlds in 2014. He has to have a spot in this lineup. I also believe Teuvo's most valuable at center

Desjardins Kruger Shaw

-This would be the best 4th line in hockey

what i am going to say is really weird but the GM has really assembled a real nice group of players.

now my crazy opinion. this uncertainty of the players, the success of the lines, is really exciting. all the unanswered questions will be answered when the season start. then watching them gel and get to the mid seasons.

now and i am not going to say anything bad, but the loosing of all that stats this offseason. that too will be exciting, b/c the expectations will be huge.

can't freaking wait for the beginning of the season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 5, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
what i am going to say is really weird but the GM has really assembled a real nice group of players.

now my crazy opinion. this uncertainty of the players, the success of the lines, is really exciting. all the unanswered questions will be answered when the season start. then watching them gel and get to the mid seasons.

now and i am not going to say anything bad, but the loosing of all that stats this offseason. that too will be exciting, b/c the expectations will be huge.

can't freaking wait for the beginning of the season.

Stan Bowman would be a pedestrian GM if it wasn't for drafting. It seems like he gets played over and over again by other GMs, and yet he manages to find talent.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
After Branden Smith gave him that shoulder to his head in the first preseason game, he really wasn't the same. He played tentative. I am actually ok with this. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call but we'll see what happens when Bickell clears.

They should of bought out Bickell in June, but glad he's gone.

Thank you voice of reason. I watched all the preseason games and he was barely on the ice and if he was he was barely noticeable. Dano will be a big part of the Hawks this year. I just think he's hurt and the Hawks can't afford a guy on the roster now who might not be ready to play at full speed.

Also Panarin is one slick little dude. He's got some Kane-like skills. Just hope he learns quickly that those fancy moves will get you benched if you turn over the puck too much.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
Stan Bowman would be a pedestrian GM if it wasn't for drafting. It seems like he gets played over and over again by other GMs, and yet he manages to find talent.

Isn't drafting and then having the coaches developing them a huge part of the job?

I don't think you can say he gets played over and over again because he has had limited bargaining power because of the team so strapped to the cap.

Cam Barker got us Leddy

Leddy netted us Pokka who probably is the #1 D man in the system now.

Sharp and Johns netted us a top 4 D man, and a top 9 winger who is physical and has enough skill to keep up.

Saad got us Anisomov and Dano.

Common theme, young players they developed got really good and priced themselves off the Hawks. I don't see why the Hawks can't do it now with this team.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)

just b/c i can acknowledge his accomplishment and his good works, i still have my negative opinions on his work.

he can't or he seems to me to not gauge contracts or length or value a player.

second, i agree with your statement.

but you are right about finding talent.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
Thank you voice of reason. I watched all the preseason games and he was barely on the ice and if he was he was barely noticeable. Dano will be a big part of the Hawks this year. I just think he's hurt and the Hawks can't afford a guy on the roster now who might not be ready to play at full speed.

Also Panarin is one slick little dude. He's got some Kane-like skills. Just hope he learns quickly that those fancy moves will get you benched if you turn over the puck too much

that is why i don't think they will not compliment each other on the same line.

but what the hell do i know.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
just b/c i can acknowledge his accomplishment and his good works, i still have my negative opinions on his work.

he can't or he seems to me to not gauge contracts or length or value a player.

second, i agree with your statement.

but you are right about finding talent.

Bowman has 3 championships with the Hawks and fans still question him. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Isn't drafting and then having the coaches developing them a huge part of the job?

but you need to draft the right person and assume the lower level coaches can develop them. think of Danault and McNeill. plus no goalie who worth anything, second he lost hayes.... but i will not go there

I don't think you can say he gets played over and over again because he has had limited bargaining power because of the team so strapped to the cap.

i will not go there, b/c i have my belief.

Cam Barker got us Leddy

Leddy netted us Pokka who probably is the #1 D man in the system now.

time is too early here.

Sharp and Johns netted us a top 4 D man, and a top 9 winger who is physical and has enough skill to keep up.

as i said, i will not respond.

Saad got us Anisomov and Dano.

i definitely will not respong, big time.

Common theme, young players they developed got really good and priced themselves off the Hawks. I don't see why the Hawks can't do it now with this team.

you are right, and that is the point of my contention with him. it seems as the hawks will need 2 gm for the org, bowman in finding talent and drafting and another who can do the negotiation and trades.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 06:56 PM)
Bowman has 3 championships with the Hawks and fans still question him. Ridiculous.

and i have gone this route before with other posters.

b/c he is has done extremely well in overcoming hurdles, doesn't give him a life long pass on his future dealing.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
and i have gone this route before with other posters.

b/c he is has done extremely well in overcoming hurdles, doesn't give him a life long pass on his future dealing.

Life long pass? The dude's team just won the Cup months ago!