2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
and i have gone this route before with other posters.

b/c he is has done extremely well in overcoming hurdles, doesn't give him a life long pass on his future dealing.

Nobody is giving him any pass. He's good at his job. They have won 3 cups that he's been directly involved in. He remade the team again this offseason. It's absurd. It's not just you.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
Nobody is giving him any pass. He's good at his job. They have won 3 cups that he's been directly involved in. He remade the team again this offseason. It's absurd. It's not just you.

i accept that, that is why i can give him credit, credit he deserves for overcoming some major problems.

i am not 100% hateful on him, i can see the good thing he has done. but i will not be blind either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:10 PM)
Life long pass? The dude's team just won the Cup months ago!

and i gave him credit for that, credit for remaking the team, but he also screwed up on the 2 trades that were there.

no one will do everything right, but accept he also screwed up.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
and i gave him credit for that, credit for remaking the team, but he also screwed up on the 2 trades that were there.

no one will do everything right, but accept he also screwed up.

The trades that we have no idea what was offered? Are we back on to rumors again?

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
just b/c i can acknowledge his accomplishment and his good works, i still have my negative opinions on his work.

he can't or he seems to me to not gauge contracts or length or value a player.

second, i agree with your statement.

but you are right about finding talent.

Uh. Are you still b****ing about the Seabrook contract? It's already been explained to you ad nauseam. Do you need someone to explain yet again why it's as long as it is? You're like a broken f***ing record.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
you are right, and that is the point of my contention with him. it seems as the hawks will need 2 gm for the org, bowman in finding talent and drafting and another who can do the negotiation and trades.

You didn't provide any insight here

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
The trades that we have no idea what was offered? Are we back on to rumors again?

everything always starts with rumors and then it come out otherwise.

everything on this forum starts with a rumor, b/c no one has that special inside info.

so do you have a special link to the inside org ideas of what they want to do??

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)
By saying you will not respond provides nothing to the conversation lol.

where as you haven't provide little into most of yours posts.

really don't put yourself on the higher plain

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
everything always starts with rumors and then it come out otherwise.

everything on this forum starts with a rumor, b/c no one has that special inside info.

so do you have a special link to the inside org ideas of what they want to do??

I do not, which is why I am not criticizing the deals... because I have no idea what was actually offered. But apparently you do since you are willing to judge them?

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
where as you haven't provide little into most of yours posts.

really don't put yourself on the higher plain

But I have?

Explaining all the trades that got us young players, then that were developed and priced themselves out of the Hawks pricing range, and then developing those young players that are currently on the roster. (Teuvo, TVR, Dano eventually)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
But I have?

Explaining all the trades that got us young players, then that were developed and priced themselves out of the Hawks pricing range, and then developing those young players that are currently on the roster. (Teuvo, TVR, Dano eventually)

ok lets start this again.

i gave bowman his credit. right or wrong?

there was mistakes made ... right or wrong?

any dispute any have in anything or everything i post is your problem

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
Bowman has 3 championships with the Hawks and fans still question him. Ridiculous.

It's not so much "questioning" as much as it is the following: Stan is not great at knowing the value of a player.

Examples:

• He gives Bickell that ridiculous contract
  • He turns Patrick Sharp and Stephen Johns into two really bad players
  • He overpays Brent Seabrook
  • He moves Saad to keep Seabrook. Seabrook is over 30
  • He fails to negotiate Kane and Toews separately, when Kane is a behavioral problem and Toews isn't. He's fortunate as it almost blew up in his face.

He won three Stanley Cups. That's fantastic, but the fact of the matter is there are better rounded GMs. In 5 years, I'm concerned the Hawks will be old and bad. If the Hawks were interested in longevity, they shouldn't lose Saad for essentially nothing and they should have done everything to keep Johns. He gave up the future star defenseman to overpay a post-prime defenseman. And Bickell is STILL killing us.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
totally not related to anything mention this morning.

Viktor Svedberg was sent to rockford. due to salary cap reasons.

the last pairing of the dman, can they be really dependent on.

You know what you get when you can't depend on your D-men?

Dallas

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
It's not so much "questioning" as much as it is the following: Stan is not great at knowing the value of a player.

Examples:

• He fails to negotiate Kane and Toews separately, when Kane is a behavioral problem and Toews isn't. He's fortunate as it almost blew up in his face.

He won three Stanley Cups. That's fantastic, but the fact of the matter is there are better rounded GMs. In 5 years, I'm concerned the Hawks will be old and bad. If the Hawks were interested in longevity, they shouldn't lose Saad for essentially nothing and they should have done everything to keep Johns. He gave up the future star defenseman to overpay a post-prime defenseman. And Bickell is STILL killing us.

with everything you posted aside, i am going to talk about this bolded part.

the hawks, imp should be looking to replace the older players with younger ones. the hawks can't expect the level of performance to be elite as they get older.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)

the hawks, imp should be looking to replace the older players with younger ones. the hawks can't expect the level of performance to be elite as they get older.

And don't get me wrong, Kane and Toews are still reasonably young. The defense is what gets a little sketchy. Seabrook in particular is just a bad contract.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)

Examples:

He won three Stanley Cups. That's fantastic, but the fact of the matter is there are better rounded GMs. In 5 years, I'm concerned the Hawks will be old and bad.

1. Yes, Bickell contract is bad.

2. Two really bad players? Daley has looked excellent this preseason and is a lot faster than I thought. If you wanna bring up Dallas' defense from last year, they had one of the worst defenses as a unit. Daley playing with Hammer has looked great. Garbutt produced 32 points 2 years ago and 25 last year, so at 900K, plus a solid two game, he is not bad. The only thing I was upset about this deal is that it included Johns

3. You don't find many top pairing defenseman, so if you can keep them, you keep him, not to mention Duncan Keith might have the best contract in sports.

4. Saad priced himself out of the Hawks range. They got a 2nd line C for him and Saad's future replacement in Dano.

5. Both of them are the face of the franchise, they've done so much for this city in bringing hockey back and came into the league together. I have no issues with their contracts

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
You know what you get when you can't depend on your D-men?

Dallas

the thing is, many yrs ago, before the first or the three SC, the hawks really need to be prepare to start every season ready for a battle. a battle for self pride and for the defense of the SC ....

the holiday of celebrating is short lived.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)

You worry about that later, like in 5 years as you bolded. You don't worry about that now.

You do that now, they'll end up like Morin, Clendending, Stanton, Pirri, Dahlback. What do all of these players have in common? None of them could crack the lineup because there are simply better players in their positions at this very moment.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:10 PM)
1. Yes, Bickell contract is bad.

2. Two really bad players? Daley has looked excellent this preseason and is a lot faster than I thought. If you wanna bring up Dallas' defense from last year, they had one of the worst defenses as a unit. Daley playing with Hammer has looked great. Garbutt produced 32 points 2 years ago and 25 last year, so at 900K, plus a solid two game, he is not bad. The only thing I was upset about this deal is that it included Johns

3. You don't find many top pairing defenseman, so if you can keep them, you keep him, not to mention Duncan Keith might have the best contract in sports.

4. Saad priced himself out of the Hawks range. They got a 2nd line C for him and Saad's future replacement in Dano.

5. Both of them are the face of the franchise, they've done so much for this city in bringing hockey back and came into the league together. I have no issues with their contracts

there is an inconsistency in yours and other posts. on one hand, many defend seabs contract and idea of the hawks org to keep the core together for a long time for continue SC runs.

yet you can justify Saad situation and try to sugar coat the whole thing while levying the future of Dano .... the lack of Saad and all he brings to the team, will be lost and dano is not on the team.

here is a rhetorical question, can any great GM can find a way to juggle today's hard salary cap restrictions???

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
You worry about that later, like in 5 years as you bolded. You don't worry about that now.

You do that now, they'll end up like Morin, Clendending, Stanton, Pirri, Dahlback. What do all of these players have in common? None of them could crack the lineup because there are simply better players in their positions at this very moment.

I dunno. Letting Seabrook go after next year and managing to keep Brandon Saad would have been preferable, IMHO.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)

and for this peaceful discussion, you may want or others may want to look in 5 yrs. i am using your number as this fix number for this discussion.

it takes some 3-5 yrs for most prospects to develop.

second, older players contracts will start to need to be replace soomer than those 3-5 yrs.

injuries to main players need to be look at

the goalie will need to be look at.

so in this example, a continuous pipeline of prospects needs to be develop,

in other words, an org needs to be looking for prospects to develop it can't stop this part of the development.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)

Examples:

He dealt Saad because he wanted way more money than the team could afford under the caps. It wasn't an either or with Seabrook. Those two things aren't connected except in timing. IN fact Seabrook's deal doesn't even take effect until next year.

Patrick Sharp isn't in Dallas for any other reason than the off the ice stuff. Johns was an unfortunate victim of that.

Patrick Kane got his extension before this last incident. His behavior problems had been gone for a while at that time.