2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 11:40 PM)
It is certainly one game and it doesn't matter, but this is what you get with Daley and Garbutt.

The defense is certainly weaker but I didnt see much wrong with the players themselves. Garbutt's line was effective. Keith may have been the worst D man on the ice last night.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 05:40 AM)
It is certainly one game and it doesn't matter, but this is what you get with Daley and Garbutt.

this goes to patrick sharp trade and why it was really needed to be done. sharp's trade was a salary dump. plain and simple. i understand that and it is no one's fault on this trade.

what the hawks got a a dman who is 30-31 yrs old with 2 yrs left on a 3.5 mil hit per, who was woefully overmatched according to the link provided.

the problem is the hawks are max out on the salary cap and they can not make any players movement unless it is a trade of bickell and daley.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-dad...-142208054.html

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
The defense is certainly weaker but I didnt see much wrong with the players themselves. Garbutt's line was effective. Keith may have been the worst D man on the ice last night.

i agree, this season the defense is going to hurt this team. outside these dman - Duncan Keith,

Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson there is and imo a void. as i said in other post, this is the best that they have now. now with TVR, he is coming off a very bad knee injury in nov of last yr. so he is skating to get into game shape.

but daley and whomever.... that will be a problem ... now if Pokka and Svedberg will be somewhat learning and developing under the gun, which i think may be the case later.

now for getting rid of bickell and daley's salary. that will help.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
Is it just me or does it seem like the Hawks have been screwed on very similar plays an inordinate amount of times the last couple years?

Seems to be a pattern against the Hawks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Hard to tell with hawks how much you can judge from the regular season let alone 1 regular season game.

excellent point .... look at last season results and the hawks won the SC.

well there are posters who are voicing some concerns and that is their opinion.

for me, i am looking or will try to look at the good part.

a. Panarin performance and his goal

b. Tevo performance and his goal

c. Kane performance

here is Panarin first goal with a assist from kane from youtube.

Viktor Svedberg is one huge dman. standing 6'8 and he does have potential. now if that can be seen during a game. i see his height and potential of a shut down part of his game, which reminds on paper of Zdeno Chara who stand at 6'9.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 07:06 PM)
And how many new guys are in the lineup. With all the line juggling Q does during a game anyway, it's going to take a while for everyone to get comfortable with each other with 8-9 new guys in the lineup.

But what's the fun in that. EVERYONE FREAK OUT!!!111

The last time we saw this many changes in the Hawks was after the 2010 cup. The 2011 team was still at .500 after a quarter of the season. They started out 11-11-2. The last 3/4 of the season they went 33-18-7.

In hockey it takes a while to adjust to changes, especially when the bottom third of the team just turned over, and a couple of key contributors. I expect this year to look pretty similar.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
The first 3v3 OT happened last night. Wow.

I think that very few games will end up going to a shootout this year. Hell, most these OT periods will probably be over in 1-2 minutes. These guys are just too f***ing good when they've got open ice to work on.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I love it. 3v3 is a total gimmick too, but it's way more exciting than a shootout, and less campy.

At least it's a gimmick where the actual game is involved. But ya, should be fun to watch through out the season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Viktor Svedberg is one huge dman. standing 6'8 and he does have potential. now if that can be seen during a game. i see his height and potential of a shut down part of his game, which reminds on paper of Zdeno Chara who stand at 6'9.

He has no potential of a shut down anything.