2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:19 AM)
Crawford has been fantastic.

yeah, at first i was kinda of so-so when he got his contract. i have always known any success a team has, needs a #1 elite goalie.

well, Craw has proven that and is earning his salary. the hawk org will be dumb if they trade Craw in the next 4 yrs. no matter how good the team is around him, the team really needs that #1 elite goalie.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 06:52 AM)
I would imagine they have had a very conservative game plan to make sure not leave the defense high and dry down Keith.

i agree, and not only b/c Keith is down, but with all the new faces on the team.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:29 AM)
This Toews guy has had a solid career

2 OT winners, 2 of them, and with in the first minute of play. how many players would have love to have that stat??

this first line of 3 players for ot is powerful. Kane, Toews and Seab. wait until Kane starts getting into the action.

you know, i wonder who is on that second line of OT??

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 02:49 AM)
I am totally wrong to think Svedberg is playing at least at a serviceable level? Aside from being a giant, he hasn't been very noticeable, which is exactly what you want out of a rookie D man.

interesting concept...... i like it.

i see his minutes climbing and i also see his hits climbing as well.

i will be honest, i was extremely concerned when keith went down. but this will be as the cliche' goes, baptism under fire and he is doing good work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 01:44 AM)
It's a bunch of guys who haven't played together and Anaheim has morphed into this chippy trapping team against us. Just horrific hockey.

the hawks will see alot of that. many team who don't have that talent level on the team, from line 1 thru line 4, will need to contain the hawks, hence trapping.

i rather have the hawk see it now, and learn how to beat it or get around it, so when playoff time comes around, they will be experience with it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
That situation sucked but I'm not real sure how you figure the refs are to blame.

Was that called penalty?

I did not see the game but saw the highlight. That has always been something I never understood. That is an easy way to bail yourself out.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Was that called penalty?

I did not see the game but saw the highlight. That has always been something I never understood. That is an easy way to bail yourself out.

Jon Quick does that a lot. It's not a penalty if it's ruled "accidental" according to the official rule. I imagine it would be hard for an official to judge it purposeful during a full speed play, and that can't be reviewed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
Jon Quick does that a lot. It's not a penalty if it's ruled "accidental" according to the official rule. I imagine it would be hard for an official to judge it purposeful during a full speed play, and that can't be reviewed.

i know, the can't be reviewed would be the answer, well maybe in most cases.

i remember, before it was a penalty and a penalty shot. then in the 80's it was a goal if the net wasn't pulled off before it crossed the line.

for me, and again, i am watching it on review, it was a crap call.

It's basically just a coward's way out when you know you're about to get scored on, and it's annoying. It happened a few years ago, game 6 against Vancouver in the playoffs. We ended up winning in OT thanks to Ben Smith (IIRC), but earlier we scored a goal that was waved off because Luongo or Schneider purposely moved the net.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
It's basically just a coward's way out when you know you're about to get scored on, and it's annoying. It happened a few years ago, game 6 against Vancouver in the playoffs. We ended up winning in OT thanks to Ben Smith (IIRC), but earlier we scored a goal that was waved off because Luongo or Schneider purposely moved the net.

Quick uses it as a technique, he practices it.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
i know, the can't be reviewed would be the answer, well maybe in most cases.

i remember, before it was a penalty and a penalty shot. then in the 80's it was a goal if the net wasn't pulled off before it crossed the line.

for me, and again, i am watching it on review, it was a crap call.

Why would it ever not be a goal if it crossed before the net was pulled off. What are you even trying to say there.

It wasn't a crap call. It was absolutely the correct call. There was no clear intent and the goal was moved well before the shot went in.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
So overtime is must watch TV now.

yeah if i can stay up, i would definitely be getting it.

i know some players are struggling but the hawks are finding ways to win. i am starting to get a good feeling about this.