2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Most rape cases don't just by their very nature.

Maybe, but the only evidence that has been publically spoken about in this particular case is that DNA evidence didnt confirm sexual intercourse between the accused and his accuser. Thats a pretty big red flag.

Mind you, there werent even CHARGES brought against Kane, its not like they had to prove anything other than the possibility of rape at this point. They never even had to go to trial.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)
Best bets are near the stadium most likely. Ill check Gunzos

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
Blackhawks Store on Michigan Avenue

Thanks. I tried the Oak Brook Blackhawks store but was out of luck.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Maybe, but the only evidence that has been publically spoken about in this particular case is that DNA evidence didnt confirm sexual intercourse between the accused and his accuser. Thats a pretty big red flag.

Mind you, there werent even CHARGES brought against Kane, its not like they had to prove anything other than the possibility of rape at this point. They never even had to go to trial.

A rape case is all getting the jury trusting the accuser. After the evidence bag mess, there was zero chance of that happening. It would have been incredibly easy to introduce a reasonable doubt in a case that typically is pretty easy to introduce doubt into. If you can convince a jury that she was a slut and wanted it, game over. Of course she doesn't want to testify now, the AD probably told her that with her credibility where it was at, he wasn't going to prosecute it anyway because he is more worried about his career.

At this point it doesn't matter at all what the actual merits of the case were, it never had a chance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
A rape case is all getting the jury trusting the accuser. After the evidence bag mess, there was zero chance of that happening. It would have been incredibly easy to introduce a reasonable doubt in a case that typically is pretty easy to introduce doubt into. If you can convince a jury that she was a slut and wanted it, game over. Of course she doesn't want to testify now, the AD probably told her that with her credibility where it was at, he wasn't going to prosecute it anyway because he is more worried about his career.

At this point it doesn't matter at all what the actual merits of the case were, it never had a chance.

But its also hard to prove she "wanted it" if the only evidence we have points to the fact they never had sex. The prosecution seemed to only have her story as evidence with nothing else.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Conor McDavid gets checked into the boards and holding his left shoulder. Did not move it at all.

Saw that all over Twitter, that really sucks. Reminded me of the Kaner collarbone crash into the boards. Hope it's nothing serious.

If anyone is still worrying about the Central division, just know that there have not been a lot of central vs central match ups yet. Central teams other then Colorado have dominated the east, and yes, that means the central is a good division. But things will even out after more central vs central games occur.

Chicago and Colorado have only played 2 central games, Dallas has only played 1, Nashville zero. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Conor McDavid gets checked into the boards and holding his left shoulder. Did not move it at all.

Even with all their #1 picks, that franchise still can't catch a break. That kid is gonna lose alot of development time if he's out a while.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Nope, they suck. Central is too good. They blow.

*AustinIllini, signing off.*

You don't watch hockey.

The Hawks could play this way all season and miss the playoffs. It's the wrong time in the wrong division to be rebuilding.

But like I said, I want to see young guys on the ice if the team is going to struggle. I don't want sunk money like Bickell out there.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
If anyone is still worrying about the Central division, just know that there have not been a lot of central vs central match ups yet. Central teams other then Colorado have dominated the east, and yes, that means the central is a good division. But things will even out after more central vs central games occur.

Chicago and Colorado have only played 2 central games, Dallas has only played 1, Nashville zero. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

I don't want any part of Dallas or Nashville without Keith on the ice.

There is no better forward pairing in the league than Benn/Seguin, who have 20 points each in 13 games.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 06:51 AM)
You don't watch hockey.

The Hawks could play this way all season and miss the playoffs. It's the wrong time in the wrong division to be rebuilding.

But like I said, I want to see young guys on the ice if the team is going to struggle. I don't want sunk money like Bickell out there.

you make 2 points, 1 - i agree with the other you are wrong.

ref the bold. i agree with and it goes back to my rant earlier during the preseason. it was more important to get rid of bickell regardless if it was a 1 sided trade.

now the other part i don't agree with, with the problems of the salary cap, the hawks are really not rebuilding as you mentioned. it is playing your prospects earlier than expected. this opportunity of sliding the prospect in slowing, is now throwing them into the fire rather quickly. remember 1 thing, Q system and the way he uses the players, the way he does it, imho, is using experience players who knows the game and has played at the highest level.

it is the injuries that is forcing this hand. however i still like the young players playing now, instead of later. this game experience, this learning while under the gun will bring them up to speed in their development. as an example Svedberg, his play has improved alot and now logging close to 19+ mins a game.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 11:51 PM)
You don't watch hockey.

Stop yourself.

I think we've all watched enough sports to know not to extrapolate first month results over the whole year, and enough blackhawks to not give up on them after 1 month. If they are 5+ points behind with a month to go I'll begin to be slightly worried.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:00 AM)
I think we've all watched enough sports to know not to extrapolate first month results over the whole year, and enough blackhawks to not give up on them after 1 month. If they are 5+ points behind with a month to go I'll begin to be slightly worried.

Agreed. We're also playing without one of the best defensemen in hockey.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:00 AM)

I said before the season even started to look back at 2010-2011 as a blueprint for a Cup winning team that had a ton of changes. They started out 11-11-2. This group is in a pretty similar position. They are young, unfamiliar with each other, and a major injury.

Could it derail the season? Maybe. But I also expect this team to peak in the spring, and not the fall.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
I love going back every so often and looking at old threads from this place.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10698

Oh the days of getting excited about Lasse Kukkonen.....

I wonder what ever happened to that Seabrook kid they drafted?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
I said before the season even started to look back at 2010-2011 as a blueprint for a Cup winning team that had a ton of changes. They started out 11-11-2. This group is in a pretty similar position. They are young, unfamiliar with each other, and a major injury.

Could it derail the season? Maybe. But I also expect this team to peak in the spring, and not the fall.

I mean, even at this point we dont even know the lineup/line setups so this team is far from settled at this point in the season. It's going to be awhile before we see their potential.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:11 AM)
:lol:

Tony is one of the biggest hockey fans on this site. One of the rare people here who you can't even question his hockey knowledge.

Then how does he not see what is happening in the rest of the division?

It's not that the Blackhawks suck, it's just that the division looks scary. And I know they haven't played each other.

Edited by AustinIllini