2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
Then how does he not see what is happening in the rest of the division?

It's not that the Blackhawks suck, it's just that the division looks scary. And I know they haven't played each other.

without ref to anyone here. well b/c i usually have my opinions that usually differ than anyone.

but whether it is the central division or any, i think it is too early to have a division to look out for. but every team really gets motivated and pump up when they will play the best team or the team that has won the SC let alone the SC for 3 out of 5 yrs......

so it is hard to look at anything outside this.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Then how does he not see what is happening in the rest of the division?

It's not that the Blackhawks suck, it's just that the division looks scary. And I know they haven't played each other.

Unless you plan on the entire division being hot for the rest of the season, and with head to heads coming up that is pretty much impossible, the idea of the entire division being this good all year is pretty much moot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
Unless you plan on the entire division being hot for the rest of the season, and with head to heads coming up that is pretty much impossible, the idea of the entire division being this good all year is pretty much moot.

The entire division was the best in hockey last year as well, its not like its a new thing.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
Did you see it being sold there?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Never made it yesterday as my tee time got moved up. Ill go over there today before lunch.

You guys know they probably have one of those newfangled telephones, right?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
Not real often you see a team score 5 in the first and lose.

It happened at the UC in 08 or 09 I think, Calgary went up 5-0 in the first, but the Hawks ended up winning. Not that it changes anything about tonight

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 05:22 AM)
There's no such thing as a bad OT loss in November but this was the closest thing to it. Just wish it wasn't against Backes and the Blues

i totally agree. this team or any others will not go undefeated. now i wish it would but oh well.

Ouch. Well, on the bright side, the Blackhawks would kill the Blues in the playoffs. I had an interesting discussion with a colleague yesterday, where he suggested the best seed in the Western Conference SCP would be the 6 or the 7 and made a compelling argument. A team like the Hawks would be hell for the West with a 6 or 7 seed.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
Ouch. Well, on the bright side, the Blackhawks would kill the Blues in the playoffs. I had an interesting discussion with a colleague yesterday, where he suggested the best seed in the Western Conference SCP would be the 6 or the 7 and made a compelling argument. A team like the Hawks would be hell for the West with a 6 or 7 seed.

That's what everyone said last year and the Jets won all of zero games in the playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 07:17 AM)
That's what everyone said last year and the Jets won all of zero games in the playoffs.

For sure, but this year is even worse. With the Ducks struggling, the balance of power is even further towards the Central. If the Central beats the pants off the rest of the league, the one seed will come from the Central and the 2 would come from the Pacific. That 7 seed against a weaker Pacific opponent may be the best seed.

Of course, if a team like Dallas with a weak defense is the 7 seed, they'll probably still lose.