2015-16 NHL thread

according to a hockey site i visit and some may not like or trust,

it was mention that Q and the hawks FO are looking to trade for a dman. even though some of the injured dmans may be coming back sooner than expected.

it is really going to be hard to find room, due to salary cap restrictions. i just can't see it.

plus, has anyone really been disappointed in Darling play this season???

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
according to a hockey site i visit and some may not like or trust,

it was mention that Q and the hawks FO are looking to trade for a dman. even though some of the injured dmans may be coming back sooner than expected.

it is really going to be hard to find room, due to salary cap restrictions. i just can't see it.

plus, has anyone really been disappointed in Darling play this season???

So, the way I see it, in last year's Stanley Cup playoff run you had four defensemen taking the brunt of the ice time. Problem is, Oduya is gone, and his replacement is Trevor Daley, who is a throwaway at best. Who could the Blackhawks move?

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
So, the way I see it, in last year's Stanley Cup playoff run you had four defensemen taking the brunt of the ice time. Problem is, Oduya is gone, and his replacement is Trevor Daley, who is a throwaway at best. Who could the Blackhawks move?

You might have to move a Shaw and a pick.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)

if i remember correctly and on this is do, Daley was a throw in for salary reasons to make the trade possible. what the hawks need to do was to trade him quickly. now i still would do a trade with daley in mind to a team that can absorb his salary and be looking at an additional prospects plus a 2nd rounder.

now i have been critical of SB before, but this is no fault of his, sharp screwed up and forcing this trade.

i just wasn't sure why SB didn't look to move him.

questions for those who knows. i looked and i can't find anything.

if a nhl player is traded, does he and the team have to wait a certain amount of time before the team moves him???

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
do you really think Shaw would be enuf???

i don't.... i envision someone like Tevo. remember, no team will help a 2x SC team.

Bickell might be easier to trade next season with only one year left on his deal and if the Hawks eat some of his salary.

If they can trade Daley, I certainly would because TVR has really played well this season and has worked himself into a top 4 shutdown dman like Hammer.

Gustaffsson also looks like a great find. Responsible in his own zone and has natural instincts on offense.

Keith-Seabrook

Hammer-TVR

Gustaffsson-Svedberg

Rozival

Pairings would probably be different, but you guys get the gist. Not a bad defensive unit. Pokka is probably a year away as well. So he can factor into the equation.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
Bickell might be easier to trade next season with only one year left on his deal and if the Hawks eat some of his salary.

If they can trade Daley, I certainly would because TVR has really played well this season and has worked himself into a top 4 shutdown dman like Hammer.

Gustaffsson also looks like a great find. Responsible in his own zone and has natural instincts on offense.

Keith-Seabrook

Hammer-TVR

Gustaffsson-Svedberg

Rozival

Pairings would probably be different, but you guys get the gist. Not a bad defensive unit. Pokka is probably a year away as well. So he can factor into the equation.

you are really thinking on the big picture..... i like it and i agree with some.

Bickell, there is really no hope. it was a bad contract and might as well look at buying him out. there was a slim chance but the trade at the time went no where.

the youngins have really impressed me, really. :lol:

but in Q's system, he wants experience dman, but Daley is not defensive responsible.

but who knows. as i said many times ..... no team will go out of there way to help the hawks.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:55 AM)
The Hawks aren't gonna trade Teuvo for a defenseman. He has too much potential.

exactly and that is the point, who no matter how good of a gm the hawks have, will find it difficult to find a trading partner.

just keep developing those young prospects.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
exactly and that is the point, who no matter how good of a gm the hawks have, will find it difficult to find a trading partner.

just keep developing those young prospects.

I'd almost rather rough through in than make the Johns mistake again. That time, Bowman had a gun to his head.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
I'd almost rather rough through in than make the Johns mistake again. That time, Bowman had a gun to his head.

well, you make and interesting point.

for my disclaimer before i will post. i think everyone know my opinion on SB and my opinion on what happen after the and before the draft.

well, i am not going to rehash. we the hawks fans are in the thick of it and i am saying this is what we, the fans can expect. what you see is what can be had.

no nhl team is going to go out on a limb to help the blackhawks and SB.

in order for SB to pull off a trade, he is going to really get creative and probably end up giving some draft picks.

in other words, over pay. that is the cost of winning and winning 2 SC's.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
well, you make and interesting point.

for my disclaimer before i will post. i think everyone know my opinion on SB and my opinion on what happen after the and before the draft.

well, i am not going to rehash. we the hawks fans are in the thick of it and i am saying this is what we, the fans can expect. what you see is what can be had.

no nhl team is going to go out on a limb to help the blackhawks and SB.

in order for SB to pull off a trade, he is going to really get creative and probably end up giving some draft picks.

in other words, over pay. that is the cost of winning and winning 2 SC's.

You're right, I'm afraid. That's the new normal of being a "dynasty" in a Salary Capped league. No team can beat a cap system in the NHL forever, as it is designed to swallow them up back into the middle of the pack. And you nailed it on the head with "other GMs won't help". Spot on.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
You're right, I'm afraid. That's the new normal of being a "dynasty" in a Salary Capped league. No team can beat a cap system in the NHL forever, as it is designed to swallow them up back into the middle of the pack. And you nailed it on the head with "other GMs won't help". Spot on.

many thanks for the kind words.

but to be honest, i would rather be wrong and some poster to tell me i have my head up my arse and explained to me how SB can maneuver out of this and pull a magic trade of some sort to further help the team.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

Honesty it is what makes the run the Hawks have had in this decade all of the more incredible. Three titles in 6 years is just amazing in an age meant to destroy the top teams.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
Nothing from our resident Stars fan about the game last night? Those Maple Leafs are feisty! :P

I'm not sure what I have said that makes you so malicious about this, but let's be clear.

I am a Blackhawks fan and a Hockey fan. The Dallas Stars are on my television and not blacked out and they are fun to watch. I love hockey and I love the way the Stars play (reminiscent of a 2008-2009 Blackhawks team)

Stop questioning my fandom. I don't question yours.

And the Stars never ever beat Toronto and I'm not sure why.

Edited by AustinIllini

You said this:

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Nope, they suck. Central is too good. They blow.

*AustinIllini, signing off.*

You completely distorted what I was saying. At the time, the Blackhawks had to play better. They HAD to. They look a little better now, but if you're going to twist my words, the gloves are off.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
You said this:

You completely distorted what I was saying. At the time, the Blackhawks had to play better. They HAD to. They look a little better now, but if you're going to twist my words, the gloves are off.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
The gloves are off?? Hahaha

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
I'm not sure what I have said that makes you so malicious about this, but let's be clear.

I am a Blackhawks fan and a Hockey fan. The Dallas Stars are on my television and not blacked out and they are fun to watch. I love hockey and I love the way the Stars play (reminiscent of a 2008-2009 Blackhawks team)

Stop questioning my fandom. I don't question yours.

And the Stars never ever beat Toronto and I'm not sure why.

There was no questioning of your fandom in my post. I legitimately just thought you were a Stars fan, so I was joking about the loss to the Marlies last night. If you are not, then OK, I'll save my jokes for one of the other 78 people in the state of Texas that care about hockey.