2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:33 AM)
I'm sorry, what now? You would be willing to give up a 21 year old Teravainen for a 38 year old Iginla?

You have now revoked your privileges to ever be critical of any Blackhawks roster move, sorry LDF. Those are the rules.

however the main point is probably getting help, but also to relieve the team of a salary of a player that can't be moved for a viable offensive power forward.

the power forward is needed to get that first line going.

however i haven't even look how the salary compares and would it be doable with ref to the salary cap.

so i was spouting off with anger.

however what you wrote is hilarious.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 01:33 AM)
I'm sorry, what now? You would be willing to give up a 21 year old Teravainen for a 38 year old Iginla?

You have now revoked your privileges to ever be critical of any Blackhawks roster move, sorry LDF. Those are the rules.

Yeah, LDF, I've seen you mention throwing in Teuvo in multiple deals for players who aren't really good... I don't think you realize his potential.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Yeah, LDF, I've seen you mention throwing in Teuvo in multiple deals for players who aren't really good... I don't think you realize his potential.

you and many seems to think of his potential. well i agree, i do not see that potential coming thru. i wish i have a reason to pin point and say, "see here is what i am talking about. " instead i look at finding ways of keeping this team in, as someone said the other day, in an age of nhl with a hard, unforgiving salary cap.

i am also looking at things in how to unburden this team with some bad contracts, with the understanding that no gm | nhl org will help the hawks.

so an overpayment is needed.

here in my trade, i am talking of a rare power forward who is still a really good player, who can help any team. the hawks is in need of a forward who can score and provide other skills that it is lacking.

i remember someone mention in the off season, it might have been me, we can not wait for potential to develop, the team needs results now in players they have.

btw, good post.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
Hossa, hasn't been producing and that first line, they can't find someone to produce and mesh like Saad. they truly need a #1 winger... but if Hossa is on his last leg, due to age, that firs line is doom.

I wouldn't say "doom", but Dale Tallon knew when he signed that long term contract that Hossa would give the team some bad seasons. I just think we all got used to this concept of Hossa's "immortality". He lost a step maybe two seasons ago, but now he looks like he has aged a lot more.

Hopefully that's not true, but it's certainly possible.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)
I wouldn't say "doom", but Dale Tallon knew when he signed that long term contract that Hossa would give the team some bad seasons. I just think we all got used to this concept of Hossa's "immortality". He lost a step maybe two seasons ago, but now he looks like he has aged a lot more.

When the contract was signed, I think he was only expected to play two more seasons or so. That's why his "salary" is only $1 million for the final 4 seasons. What will happen with that and the new salary cap rules? No idea.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:52 AM)

Considering Tallon wanted Havlat over Hossa, I don't think he knew much of anything regarding "bad seasons" and such. Hossa won't be the same player in a couple of years when he ages more (for the record, his speed is still very solid but his shot certainly has went away) but he will slide into that 3rd line role quite nicely.. if he hasn't already.. whenever Q decides to make the move. All things considered, any Hawks fan will definitely trade off the 3 cups (and possibly counting) for it.

In other news, it looks like Roszival is activated. Erik Gustafsson (whose been really impressive for the Hawks) was sent down. We'll see when Keith is officially activated what they do with Svedberg or Rundblad.

Dano on the first line in practice also.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)

yeah, i agree, it shows alot in his play or how much his talent has dropped. but for those who would say it is still early, his skill is what i am talking about, is it diminishing ..... lets look at this in a real light.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
When the contract was signed, I think he was only expected to play two more seasons or so. That's why his "salary" is only $1 million for the final 4 seasons. What will happen with that and the new salary cap rules? No idea.

excellent point and brings up the idea of a trade and salary cap, how to get around the cap

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
Considering Tallon wanted Havlat over Hossa, I don't think he knew much of anything regarding "bad seasons" and such. Hossa won't be the same player in a couple of years when he ages more (for the record, his speed is still very solid but his shot certainly has went away) but he will slide into that 3rd line role quite nicely.. if he hasn't already.. whenever Q decides to make the move. All things considered, any Hawks fan will definitely trade off the 3 cups (and possibly counting) for it.

Q system loves older experience player. remember the Mayers, Handzus, he kept playing then b/c they had experience.

the salary cap era, they are unforgiving esp if a mistake is made. the hawks are in a pickle and hope they find a way around the cap limitation they are in now.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
In other news, it looks like Roszival is activated. Erik Gustafsson (whose been really impressive for the Hawks) was sent down. We'll see when Keith is officially activated what they do with Svedberg or Rundblad.

Dano on the first line in practice also.

i think Svedberg will stay up and get ice time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Keith is Chelios reincarnated.

Deservedly high praise. I miss Chelios. He was freaking awesome. Arguably the greatest American player ever. If he had finished his career here, he's likely the greatest American Blackhawk.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 21m21 minutes ago

Marko Dano gets another shot at #Blackhawks' top line - http://bit.ly/1N2mADt

Page 135 Post # 2016

He'll be back ( Dano) especially if Q can't find anyone to put with Toews and Hossa. The first few days of training camp Dano shined with Toews and Hossa and Q liked him right away but then the preseason games started and in the 1st game he took a hard hit to the head and after that he couldn't keep up with Toews and Hossa. :P

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
Toews tries to concuss Backes, Backes then tries to cripple Hjalmarsson. I hate these f***ing games.

Someone ought to tell Backes that no one is targeting him. If a hockey team targets a guy, they usually go for the better players.

Backes cheap shotted Hossa early

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
Toews tries to concuss Backes, Backes then tries to cripple Hjalmarsson. I hate these f***ing games.

Someone ought to tell Backes that no one is targeting him. If a hockey team targets a guy, they usually go for the better players.

I hate them, too. The Blackhawks aren't built to play this way.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
Toews does not like Backes one iota . Frankly ,I thought Backes flopped on the Toews penalty in the 1st period but I didn't get a real good look at it,

Unless Toews plans on fighting Backes, he needs to put his head down and play hockey. The team looks bad when he's not focused.