2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=788864

Panarin the early leader for ROY.

No surprise there with McDavid out. He clearly deserves it, but I wouldn't mind Q scrambling the lines a little more to increase depth. Right now, the team plays with about 1.5 lines.

At least Hossa got dropped to the 3rd. He's been pretty bad on that first line.

Hopefully this is the start of a big Hawks upswing. Kero and Dano had nice games, and Daley is looking more and more comfortable in a Hawks sweater. By and large, I feel that the Hawks youthful talent and replacement players prior to this Stanley Cup far outweighs that of the 2011 team. These are still some young guys, but I'm genuinely excited to see what the future holds for some of these players.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
Kane and Keith, also.

A lot of Hawks had good games. Not to rain on anyone's parade since the Sharks had a 6 game winning streak coming in so you might think the Hawks pounded on a hot team. However the first home game after a road trip is often called a "trap" game because once you get home the player tend to take care of business at home like any time anyone gets back from a trip be it the dog or unpacking or catching up with the family. The Sharks just looked terrible in the 1st period and outside of a strong start to the 2nd period weren't making great decisions on the ice.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
With guys like Eichel and McDavid getting all the press before the season, getting Panarin was quite the coup for the Hawks.

Agreed. It's picks like that which breed winners. The fact is, drafts are going to be huge for a quick Blackhawks rebound. So far, so good. Now it's Defense that's going to be huge going forward.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
Agreed. It's picks like that which breed winners. The fact is, drafts are going to be huge for a quick Blackhawks rebound. So far, so good. Now it's Defense that's going to be huge going forward.

I'm sure you know Panarin went undrafted but the Hawks signed him as a KHL free agent. He was already being called "the Russian Patrick Kane " before they signed him and those reports appear to be spot on. The way you wrote makes it seem like the Hawks drafted him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
A lot of Hawks had good games. Not to rain on anyone's parade since the Sharks had a 6 game winning streak coming in so you might think the Hawks pounded on a hot team. However the first home game after a road trip is often called a "trap" game because once you get home the player tend to take care of business at home like any time anyone gets back from a trip be it the dog or unpacking or catching up with the family. The Sharks just looked terrible in the 1st period and outside of a strong start to the 2nd period weren't making great decisions on the ice.

nice post.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 26, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
I'm sure you know Panarin went undrafted but the Hawks signed him as a KHL free agent. He was already being called "the Russian Patrick Kane " before they signed him and those reports appear to be spot on. The way you wrote makes it seem like the Hawks drafted him.

Not sure why I didn't remember that. Since the Ilya Kovalchuk thing, teams have undervalued KHL players calling them "risks". I can't say I blame them. Glad this one is working out.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Not sure why I didn't remember that. Since the Ilya Kovalchuk thing, teams have undervalued KHL players calling them "risks". I can't say I blame them. Glad this one is working out.

KHL risks were happening way before the Kovalchuk bailout. There are still teams to this day who don't trust the Russian factor. Luckily younger Russians are more excited in playing in the NHL and the KHL itself (from owners on down) are going broke.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)

no i really disagree..... the contract battle is really the thing that gave the khl a bad name but the talent is there and all the nhl knows it. they are hesitant, maybe in drafting a 1rounder but i do not think so.

now for the hawks, they were burned with 3 incidents, the 2 1 rounder they drafted and then the failed russian FA that they signed.... it is famous for Pat Foley rant on tv tearing him apart.... it is on youtube. i would paste the link but i have no time.

sorry

ok i am at home and here is the link and the russian player Alexander Karpovtsev

Edited by LDF