2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
well i will own up, i guess that rumor was really someone creative ideas...

here is a question.

should the hawks look at moving crawford and pick up Jonathan Bernier - g from tor in a bigger deal.

now remember this season Bernier is having a rough start. the trade is to lessen the salary cap for the hawks and help in any future players movement.

now, berrier has some really good skills.

but i know, not during the season.

For a year or so everyone wanted the Hawks to trade for him. It was "look how good he is as Quick's back up!" Now, he's not very good despite playing on a poor team. In short: no.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
For a year or so everyone wanted the Hawks to trade for him. It was "look how good he is as Quick's back up!" Now, he's not very good despite playing on a poor team. In short: no.

and i can accept what you are saying, i was just looking at the peripherals, and you know what, skills wise, he may be a little better than crawford, but crawford has that defense in front of him and the whole team.....

that means alot. however, i was looking on how to gets a player who can compliment that first line, something like a saad.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 02:45 AM)
well the blackhawks lost 2-1 in regulation play.

someone mention, the first game back is an important game, why???

Every game is important. I think you meant that the first home game after a long road trip is a tough game.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
That sucked.

Every game matters in the strongest division in hockey.

look at it this way, the playoff are 16 teams. the team are trying to gel and this games are primers for the playoff.

after reading some updates and rumors and teams concerns the is growing. this would be a perfect time for SB to step up and do his thing. i think other teams not wanting to help the hawks without an over payment from the hawks, still might be in effect, but.... but if they can help the hawks in several ways, i say sure.

i am looking at how SB made a key trade last yr to bring in a player who help in the SC last yr, this can be some what like the same.

the hawks can go and make 4 players movement on the big club now, add in next yr 1,2 and 3 round picks to the pkg and 1.5 mil to ease the salary.

in rtn, the hawks will get 1 dman, 2 forwards one of which is a power forward who can score, a elite young goalie, and cap room.

some hard decision making will be needed, not being touch is 2/3 of the first line, the 2 line, the crawford and the top 3 dman of the hawks.

now understand this, the hawks will have to over pay, but if SB understands this, and use his skills and luck, just maybe the hawks will skate to a 4 and maybe 5 SC with the players he can get.

Scotty time to do your magic.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)
Well this looks to be a complete suckfest.

I didn't think it was an overly bad period. For the first 5 and last 5 minutes the Hawks played pretty well. However the score is truly the only thing that matters

Andrew Shaw has been horrible. Not exactly what I'd call a smart hockey player.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
I didn't think it was an overly bad period. For the first 5 and last 5 minutes the Hawks played pretty well. However the score is truly the only thing that matters

Andrew Shaw has been horrible. Not exactly what I'd call a smart hockey player.

I don't expect that level of stupidity from Hossa, and Panarin looks pedestrian as of late. This team really misses Brandon Saad.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't expect that level of stupidity from Hossa, and Panarin looks pedestrian as of late. This team really misses Brandon Saad.

Any team would love Saad. I think they're just missing the young guys producing, not any guy they lost. They have gotten virtually nothing from Teravainen, Dano, or Shaw. Daley's been mediocre. Panarin is still dangerous at least.

I might rather have Oduya- they'd be great with TVR as their #5.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
How appropriate to see notorious abuser of women Bobby Hull and his current iteration, Patrick Kane, in the same graphic.

Wow is about all I will say......to compare Kane and Hull could be the most clueless thing you could post and that's saying something.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
The Edmonton Oilers championship era and the Lemieux/Jagr Penguins era were the most fun hockey has ever been in my opinion. Run and gun, last goal wins. That's the hockey I liked.

Right. The perception is Dallas doesn't defend at all. I understand most of us can't watch them, but Dallas scores like crazy but can't hold a lead to save their lives. They'll be up 3 going into the third and still lose. Such a crazy brand of hockey.

Hmmmm...

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account

‏@FriedgeHNIC

Tikhonov (CHI) is on waivers today. That's a bit of a surprise.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 28m28 minutes ago

Viktor Tikhonov being on waivers could mean Bryan Bickell's return is imminent. That's enough money to fit him under the cap. #Blackhawks

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
Hmmmm...

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account

‏@FriedgeHNIC

Tikhonov (CHI) is on waivers today. That's a bit of a surprise.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 28m28 minutes ago

Viktor Tikhonov being on waivers could mean Bryan Bickell's return is imminent. That's enough money to fit him under the cap. #Blackhawks

Wouldn't mind it. Bickell has been tearing it up in the minors.