AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

The Good:

Eaton's continuing to hit.

Beckham and Carlos Sanchez defensively.

Sanchez 2nd game winning RBI.

Rodon sliders, 7 swinging K's today.

Ventura's decision to put the tying run at 2B and walk Cabrera to face Josh Wilson (who did have a 4 hit game against us, but is the definition of career journeyman/AAAA player).

JB Shuck continues to make contributions in key moments.

It's nice to be 5-5 against DET and pinning them with some huge losses (the walk-off HBP to Avi comes to mind) that will make their path to the playoffs harder and hard.

The Bad:

Tyler Flowers blocking pitches and general pitch selection by the catchers

David Robertson almost had his 4th blown save in 12 appearances after flying out of the gate

Alexei Ramirez continues to struggle mightily with RISP. He had a late K and I think all of the pitches were out of the strike zone.

Conor Gillaspie is beyond terrible and might be the first DFA candidate of the position players...unless it's Bonifacio.

Abreu was clueless up there today, career high in strikeouts for a game.

Avi Garcia continues to make bad plays in RF and has hit just .155 in his last 29.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
The Good:

Eaton's continuing to hit.

Beckham and Carlos Sanchez defensively.

Sanchez 2nd game winning RBI.

Rodon sliders, 7 swinging K's today.

Ventura's decision to put the tying run at 2B and walk Cabrera to face Josh Wilson (who did have a 4 hit game against us, but is the definition of career journeyman/AAAA player).

JB Shuck continues to make contributions in key moments.

It's nice to be 5-5 against DET and pinning them with some huge losses (the walk-off HBP to Avi comes to mind) that will make their path to the playoffs harder and hard.

The Bad:

Tyler Flowers blocking pitches and general pitch selection by the catchers

David Robertson almost had his 4th blown save in 12 appearances after flying out of the gate

Alexei Ramirez continues to struggle mightily with RISP. He had a late K and I think all of the pitches were out of the strike zone.

Conor Gillaspie is beyond terrible and might be the first DFA candidate of the position players...unless it's Bonifacio.

Abreu was clueless up there today, career high in strikeouts for a game.

Avi Garcia continues to make bad plays in RF and has hit just .155 in his last 29.

FTFY

I know what you mean though.

Edited by shysocks

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
So there are no hitters in the minors raking right now?

There are a few but it would mean optioning Sanchez or DFA'ing one of the duds and Robin doesn't seem to want to do that just now.

Any win is a great win for Chicago's Sox.

I wonder what the team's record is when it draws five walks like today. I bet we're undefeated with four or more walks. The offense was pretty darn good today, like the front office and fans envisioned it in the preseason.

Man, Rodon is off to a pedestrian start. I'm not complaining, he's young and doing OK, but not exactly Strausburg-ing it.

What the hell is wrong with David R? Man, I guess no relievers are worth the $$$ nowadays.

All we can ask is the Sox keep it going and win some series. I still am expecting 1-3 this series, but what the heck?

I know that we are 15-2 when we score at least 3 runs and don't have any errors. This game wouldn't apply. However, still, those aren't crazy stats. You'd think we'd score 4 runs and have no errors in more than 17 games this year of 72 played

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 6m6 minutes ago

Ventura, on walking Cabrera to put the winning run at 2B in the 10th. "You don't tug on Superman's cape."

Love it! Gutsy move by Robin