Who on this team has a winner's pedigree?

he gone.

I was talking with a friend today -- I'm not one of those you have to have TWTW guys. But who on this team has won, knows how to win, and when things are going bad can be a leader in the clubhouse and fix it? Or get people back on track...

Abreu -- no experience in the MLB winning

Sanchez/Micah -- nope

Alexei -- been on a mediocre team for almost a decade. Here and there seasons isn't consistent winning

Gillaspie/Beckham -- nope

Melky -- Toronto wasn't exactly tearing it up ... has been on a few good teams. But consistent?

Eaton -- Nope

Garcia -- call up for the Tigers on a good team.. but ... not really.

LaRoche -- not sure -- I know he was on the Nats. Braves? Probably were solid when he was there.. Not sure about the AZ teams -- he probably though is the best example for the bats.

Sale -- nope

Quintana - nope

Shark -- nope

Danks -- nope

Rodon -- nope

Duke -- nope

Roberston -- was on some good Yankees teams -- but not heyday Yankees.. he is probably the closest thing to it...

So again, I'm not saying TWTW is the only way to win. I'm just saying this team when facing adversity looks to who? Robin? Who has never been a successful manager -- unless we are talking year one -- and he failed down the stretch there. How do you win, when nobody on the whole team knows how to?

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Who is our captain then?

Sale for the pitchers...

Who for the bats? No Konerko anymore.

You can say that for the Astros and Rays -- but I'd be willing to say neither will be in the playoffs.

I would bet collectively, the 2015 White Sox roster has more postseason experience than the 2005 roster had coming into that season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
I would bet collectively, the 2015 White Sox roster has more postseason experience than the 2005 roster had coming into that season.

The rotation alone had plenty of post-season experience (club had made the playoffs in 2000 and still had some guys from that roster, including Garland / Buehrle / Konerko). Then you had AJP / Dye / Carl Everett / Big Hurt (albeit he was hurt) as regular position players. Other pitchers with experience included Jose Contreras, Frederico, El Duque, Luis Vizcaino, and Dustin Hermanson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
The rotation alone had plenty of post-season experience (club had made the playoffs in 2000 and still had some guys from that roster, including Garland / Buehrle / Konerko). Then you had AJP / Dye / Carl Everett / Big Hurt (albeit he was hurt) as regular position players. Other pitchers with experience included Jose Contreras, Frederico, El Duque, Luis Vizcaino, and Dustin Hermanson.

Oh yeah, that guy really does stack the deck. He might have had more than the entire rest of the roster.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)

So if we are talking about this years team. We can name Danks, Robertson, Shark (Kind of, on the bench of a one game), Alexei, Melky, LaRoche.

Looking at Melky he has been on good teams. He would be our most seasoned winner. On some good Yankees teams, 91 win team in ATL, lost in the 1st round, and then a good SF team in 2012 too. WS champs I believe. So I totally missed on him.

But you get my point a bit I hope. Again, I'm not dumb. I know its defense primarily that hurts this team. Offense that hasn't clicked yet too. But I dont think leadership and history of winning, knowing how to win, and how to play through bad stretches should be overlooked.

You can't count the long-time Sox as the Sox haven't won in a long time, as we know.

But among the newbies:

Cabrera - 4 post season teams

Laroche - 4 post season teams

Avi - 1

Robertson - 4

Shark - 1

Albers, Jennings, Duke - 0

Bonifacio - not bothering to look up

The idea that we need a bunch of old vets that have been in postseason is silly.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
Who on the Astros has won? Who on the Rays has won besides Longoria?

Whether you come from a winning club or not, it's irrelevant.

There's not stat to prove or deny but I think it is with this club.