Chris Sale is the most bestest pitcher evar!

Rowand44

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:48 AM)
Their grounds crew uses a mixture of leftover champagne from past championship celebrations, Voss + tears collected from fans of all the teams they eliminate in postseason play to achieve the most luscious, emerald hued grass in all of baseball.

Dodger Blue tears....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
I love Chris Sale as much as the rest, but let's be careful with the "hasn't even peaked yet" thing. Aging curves -- never rigid in the first place -- have been creeping toward the younger side for years now, and we know that velocity especially peaks very young. Pitchers that have long, HOF careers typically do so because they are able to evolve their approach and arsenal as their stuff declines. I do think that Chris can be one of those guys, but we should acknowledge that his "stuff" is as good now as it will ever be and that he isn't due to become physically more dominant just because he isn't 27 yet.

There are always exceptions, of course, but they're rare.

I agree, unless you're Randy Johnson your peak is probably coming in the 26-28 range. Baseball prime 10-15 years ago was 28-32 but now it's probably more like 26-30.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
I love Chris Sale as much as the rest, but let's be careful with the "hasn't even peaked yet" thing. Aging curves -- never rigid in the first place -- have been creeping toward the younger side for years now, and we know that velocity especially peaks very young. Pitchers that have long, HOF careers typically do so because they are able to evolve their approach and arsenal as their stuff declines. I do think that Chris can be one of those guys, but we should acknowledge that his "stuff" is as good now as it will ever be and that he isn't due to become physically more dominant just because he isn't 27 yet.

There are always exceptions, of course, but they're rare.

That's true. Expecting Sale to get better is crazy talk. Hopefully he can hold his peak for an unusually long time.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Does Sale have a shot to start the ASG or is the ERA+IP gap from Keuchel just too large? Over at /r/baseball on Reddit almost all the non-White Sox fans are voting Sale as the starter, but I doubt it will happen. God damn Twins.

I actually assumed his biggest competition was Archer.

It's truly remarkable watching a pitcher of this caliber on our team. It has been an honor watching this dude take the mound this year. The one bright light in an otherwise forgettable White Sox season. It is a shame that fans (including myself) even brought his name up as a trade option this year. That just means our organization is in such a bad place overall. I would hate to see him 'Sale' away to another team because the men upstairs are bad at what they do.

Regardless, keep doing what you do Sale! May the K Zone be forever active in your honor!

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
The fact that Sale is 16 over .500 with the teams he has been on is pretty impressive in itself and I don't really care about wins. The man is seriously only thing that gives me hope for the upcoming years.

Another Danks hater.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
John Danks was at one point my favorite player on the Sox... then it was Gordon Beckham... I'm sticking to utility players from now on.

Could I suggest adding some other teams players? Could I interest you in a Miguel Cabera fandom?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
Could I suggest adding some other teams players? Could I interest you in a Miguel Cabera fandom?

If I could muster it and take one for the team I'd just name the Twins my favorite team. Unfortunately I don't think I've ever hated any team more ever.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 1h1 hour ago

Interesting note on Chris Sale and Pedro Martinez as pointed out by the honorable Dan Cichalski of http://MLB.com :

In 1999, Pedro struck out 10+ in his last eight starts, but on Oct. 2, he pitched one inning in relief and struck out just one. Then...

Pedro struck out 10+ in his first two starts of 2000. So he has fanned 10+ in eight straight games and 10 straight starts.