Chris Sale is the most bestest pitcher evar!

Rowand44

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of that in mind, ask yourself if you want to indulge some recency bias and reward first-half performances of this or any single season, or if you think it’s the All-Star Game and not merely the all-first-half team. Even if it’s “just” a first-half team, you can scratch Archer and Gray right off the bat -- good as they've been, they haven't been as good as Sale or Keuchel. Among the more established pitchers, arguments for Hernandez or Price have merit, but neither is pitching as well as Sale among the multi-time All-Stars. It really comes down to Sale’s pure dominance every fifth night versus what Keuchel has meant to the Astros in terms of delivering wins, winnable games and a whole lot of innings.

Considering all of this, Sale is the pick here. Keuchel's wins are an expression of support from his defenders, as well as run support -- things Sale doesn't get much of. To Keuchel's nice ERA you can answer with Sale's FIP, suggesting that when it comes to the things a man on the mound has control over, really, nobody is better than Sale. He’s at his best right now and has the track record that extends beyond this past April. This is his fourth All-Star appearance, so his being here is nothing new or surprising. He has little left to prove -- unless it’s seeing if he can strike out the side in the bottom of the first inning in Cincinnati next week.

Full essay, really liked the ending.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
If the voting were held today, would Sale win the CY?

No. His ERA isn't low enough.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Now some genius Rangers fan blogger that gets his article on Yahoo says that they should trade for Sale.

Goooood luck.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/...-deadline.html/

ARLINGTON – More than halfway through the season and its still unclear if the Rangers are legitimate playoff contenders this season or not. Although, it’s looking more likely “not.”

The last week has given every indication the Rangers are not legitimate threats to win the AL West. The Rangers’ home slump has coincided with the Houston Astros’, allowing the red-hot Los Angeles Angels to zoomed past both.

DOES ANYBODY EDIT ANYTHING

Shockingly, Sale is winning the dumb little poll.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Though I will say this much. The Ranger could be an interesting partner for the White Sox as they have highly rated prospects at bothy 3B and C. Could a Alfaro and Gallo package get the talks for Q rolling? That could be interesting.

this is my point of view. in trading Shark, yeah, i can see the sox filling or getting players who can help fix holes this team has. but if Q is also added to be traded, the sox really need to get another pitcher back in any trade.

next yr rotation is too much of an unknown.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
Though I will say this much. The Ranger could be an interesting partner for the White Sox as they have highly rated prospects at bothy 3B and C. Could a Alfaro and Gallo package get the talks for Q rolling? That could be interesting.

I honestly don't believe that the Sox minor league hitting instructors could ever make Gallo a hitter with a better batting eye.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 06:55 AM)
I honestly don't believe that the Sox minor league hitting instructors could ever make Gallo a hitter with a better batting eye.

I think if you have Gallo, you just know you are going to live with a three-outcome player. I don't think any team will change his huge K numbers. Kris Bryant is the same way. Lots of Ks, lots of BBs and lots of HRs.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)

I could get behind this idea

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
No. But all he has to do is lower is ERA by half a run or so in the second half of the season and I think he has it in the bag.

I say he just needs to get it below 2.50. Felix had a decent ERA lead over Kluber last year (2.14 to 2.44) and Kluber still won.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
I say he just needs to get it below 2.50. Felix had a decent ERA lead over Kluber last year (2.14 to 2.44) and Kluber still won.

Some of that is ballpark corrected though since Felix pitches in Seattle. Houston isn't a pitcher's park, so Keuchel will have a stronger case if he's leading the ERA list.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
The Cell isn't a pitchers park either in my opinion.

Both the Cell and Minute Maid or wahtever the heck its called now are parks that do favor the hitter (regardless of how the White Sox pitching staff is skewing the ESPN corrections this year), whereas Seattle is clearly one of the best pitchers parks in the league even compared with Cleveland. Ergo, Keuchel and Sale are about even on that whereas Kluber got an advantage over Felix.

Any clearer?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
A nice look at Sale, his potential trade market, and a bit of a peak behind the curtain of the White Sox front office operations.

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/chris-sal...getting-traded/

nice article..... i like the part of Pedro Martinez and Randy Johnson. ,

but on a knee jerk reaction, i think i would be extremely furious on Sale and trade.