Chris Sale is the most bestest pitcher evar!

Rowand44

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
What's the point of skipping him right now though? He's already been off for a week, and they need to beat KC if they want to be in contention.

Dumb if true. This is the biggest series of the year so far.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
What's the point of skipping him right now though? He's already been off for a week, and they need to beat KC if they want to be in contention.

Look at Chris Sale's career so far, and think about it. One of two things is going on. Either the Sox are paranoid about his arm falling off, and seeing as he has missed some time in each season as a starter in his career, that might be well founded. Or #2, he is hurt, and they are trying not to go public with that fact, which make the ASG fiasco make a lot more sense, and it also makes his "extra rest" make sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Look at Chris Sale's career so far, and think about it. One of two things is going on. Either the Sox are paranoid about his arm falling off, and seeing as he has missed some time in each season as a starter in his career, that might be well founded. Or #2, he is hurt, and they are trying not to go public with that fact, which make the ASG fiasco make a lot more sense, and it also makes his "extra rest" make sense.

Or he'll pitch Sunday and this is nothing but some clown on the Score's speculation.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Or he'll pitch Sunday and this is nothing but some clown on the Score's speculation.

I believe if there was no worry at all, he'd be pitching ASAP. There is at least some level of fear if they are giving him 7 days rest, even if it is just maintenance related.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
I believe if there was no worry at all, he'd be pitching ASAP. There is at least some level of fear if they are giving him 7 days rest, even if it is just maintenance related.

You'd think they'd announce if he's injured or something. It seems odd that they're being so quiet about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Why? Do you go advertising your shortfalls to your competitors?

No. You advertise your commodity to your fanbase. People want to see Sale pitch, so I think that it would be in the Sox best interests to let us know when he'll pitch again so we can get tickets.

He is the best moneymaker the Sox currently have. They'd be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Edited by Mike F.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
No. You advertise your commodity to your fanbase. People want to see Sale pitch, so I think that it would be in the Sox best interests to let us know when he'll pitch again so we can get tickets.

He is the best moneymaker the Sox currently have. They'd be stupid to not take advantage of it.

Exactly. So instead of telling the fan base not to buy tickets because he isn't going to pitch soon, they are leaving the door open that he might be pitching sooner.

Honestly the fact that they still haven't set a date yet tells me everything I need to know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Exactly. So instead of telling the fan base not to buy tickets because he isn't going to pitch soon, they are leaving the door open that he might be pitching sooner.

Honestly the fact that they still haven't set a date yet tells me everything I need to know.

and that would be?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
He is nursing some sort of pain, and they are waiting it out. If this was just rest, they would have already set the date.

That's what I've been thinking as well. It just seems fishy to me that they're giving him extra rest after he's already been off for a week, but who knows at this point.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
That's what I've been thinking as well. It just seems fishy to me that they're giving him extra rest after he's already been off for a week, but who knows at this point.

Not if he is resting some type of soreness. Not necessarily a significant injury, just one of his sore elbow issues or shoulder soreness.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)

Clearly the Sox org feels beating the Cardinals and helping the Cubs is more important than beating the Royals :)

Just have to hope it's nothing serious with Sale right now.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Hahn said this morning on the radio that Sale will likely start on Sunday. He said he feels great and is ready to go. So TIFWIW

That's a good sign. However, Sale seems like the type that wants the ball every time out even when he isn't fully healthy, so hopefully he isn't pitching hurt.