And those are White Sox Winners !

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
I agree and it made sense at the time to go with John Danks. Little did we know that Danks not only would get hurt, but would get hurt almost immediately upon signing his deal and hurt in such a way that he'd never be anything close to his old self. What's interesting is that he seems to have fared better than other guys who have had capsule tears in the recent past - Johan Santana and Dallas Braden come to mind.

Santana never regained his dominance, but he did pitch a no hitter after he came back. After that though, nothing much

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
Santana never regained his dominance, but he did pitch a no hitter after he came back. After that though, nothing much

I believe that no hitter is what ended his career the 2nd time, I think he threw in upwards of 135 pitches in that game.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
I agree and it made sense at the time to go with John Danks. Little did we know that Danks not only would get hurt, but would get hurt almost immediately upon signing his deal and hurt in such a way that he'd never be anything close to his old self. What's interesting is that he seems to have fared better than other guys who have had capsule tears in the recent past - Johan Santana and Dallas Braden come to mind.

At the time the Danks deal was a bargain. If he had put up close to his career numbers, the deal would have been a very good one. The shoulder thing blew up the whole thing. Sometimes it isn't a bad thing for a pitcher not to wait for free agency. John Danks made himself a lot of money by passing on waiting the extra year.