oakland wins 8-1

winninguglyin83

Keith Foulke, that's who

He even gave up the only run, replacing Steve Sparks for the final inning. And Sparks wasn't tired. He had pitched only one inning against Anaheim.

Maybe Foulke needed the work. Dunno. But the point is that -- again -- that this wasn't the time for a Jose Paniagua sighting.

I hope somebody has told Jerry Manuel he was one swing of the bat away from certain unemployment.

Keith Foulke, that's who

He even gave up the only run, replacing Steve Sparks for the final inning. And Sparks wasn't tired. He had pitched only one inning against Anaheim.

Maybe Foulke needed the work. Dunno. But the point is that -- again -- that this wasn't the time for a Jose Paniagua sighting.

I hope somebody has told Jerry Manuel he was one swing of the bat away from certain unemployment.

Sorry to disagree with you, but Foulke had not pitched in three games.

Gordon and Marte ptiched every game over the weekend, and had a night off thanks to Colon.

Another night off for them would have been beneficial.

Gordon won't be available for tonight, but Marte will.

Check your facts before you rip JM for not bringing in his two best relievers in a 6 run game.

Keith Foulke, that's who

Gordon and Marte ptiched every game over the weekend, and had a night off thanks to Colon.

Check your facts before you rip JM for not bringing in his two best relievers in a 6 run game.

I know that Manuel didn't want to bring in either Gordon or Marte, but I still think that Koch should have been the man on the mound to see if he was healthy. He was here in the beginning of the season and at least kept cheering the other team members on to wins even when he was pitching so poorly. He didn't make excuses either or flip off umpires.

Keith Foulke, that's who

I don't think he was asking for Gordon or Marte, although because of JM's horrible display of managing a pitching staff,you got one and almost got the other. The point I believe, was this is not the time or place to be experimenting with reclaimation projects. Save it for when your losing by 8 runs or for spring training. I hope Sox upper management finally saw the light last night, and wacks this guy at the end of the year. If the Sox make the playoffs the opposing manager will make him look overmatched again.

thanks for the support, Dick Allen

we're on the same page

I said in the post I wasn't sure if Foulke needed the work. obviously, he did.

but the primary point was that the Sox should have been able to finish the 8th and 9th with Sullivan, Schoeneweis and WUNSCH.

PERIOD.

To treat a game as important as that game as a Cactus League game is to prove you've got no idea how to handle a bullpen.

Haven't read any reaction from Kenny Williams or reinsdorf, but I would have loved to hear what they were saying after the fourth guy reached base on Joe Bread and Water.

Bring Al Lopez home from Tampa for the next 19 games. The Senor knew how to handle a pitching staff.

Manuel is a vacuum. If the Sox win the division, it will be DESPITE Jerry Manuel, not because of him.

That's my story -- and I'm sticking with it.

Its the same guy. They designated him for assignment. Not sure if Oakland traded for him or if he was released by Detroit.

I wonder why they did that. Now as a starter, we was never much, but he seemed like a decent relief pitcher the few times I've seen him pitch.