And that's a White Sox Winner !!

Sox pitching staff 3rd in AL/9th in MLB in WAR, Sox starters 2nd in AL/6th in MLB in WAR.

Staff is 1st in AL/2nd in MLB in WAR over last 30 days, starters are 1st in AL/2nd in MLB over last 30 days.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 06:28 AM)
In true greg775 fashion, he has ignored all history in favor of one game. John Danks, you are no longer garbage, greg775 hath spoken

I just wrote a rant. Decided I'd come off looking like a bigger lunatic than Greg and decided not to post it . Maybe Greg should do the same some time ( and take his meds).

Let's just say I have more respect for every working stiff out there who busts his hump for years under all kind of conditions than I do for guys who could retire now and is set for life financially and leave it at that.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
I hardly ever say "I told you so" on here. But I have to in regards to Danks. I told you guys Danks is NOT trash. I said he's had some stellar outings to go with the pathetic ones. I told you I like the way he battles. Danks is not an excellent pitcher but he's not worthy of the hate spewed on this board. He's just not.

Danks has had some good outings the past 2 seasons. He simply HAS.

Great win again. Well the Sox are trying to play with our emotions and tell us they actually have a decent team. I'm not going to believe yet, just wait and see and enjoy the wins.

Please please please though, give MR DANKS some credit!!!! It is deserved.

Stop the nonsense a blind squirrel finds a acorn sometimes.

John Danks is a competitor. He battles every game. That change up of his is a filthy pitch. But, he has to throw about a ten MPH difference from fastball to change up to make it real effective and I think his arm injury has affected his ability to do that. Control and location are key too. But, continuing to get stronger and working on another pitch can make Danks a real solid starter again. He still shows that ability and last night was proof. But, he has other good games too. I am not sure what the Sox plans are for Danks. He might be the trade bait offered to a team battling for a play off spot. I see him rather then Quintana as likely to be offered. But, if he stays I would not be upset.

Edited by elrockinMT

Although John Danks is awful, he pitched a great game last night.

The White Sox have 9 games left prior to the all star break. They probably need to win 7 of the remaining 9 to make it 10 of 12 heading into the break to feel like they have a some shot in the 2nd half.

Chances are, they will go 5-4 or 4-5 as they have proven out this year to not be a good team.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
John Danks is a competitor. He battles every game. That change up of his is a filthy pitch. But, he has to throw about a ten MPH difference from fastball to change up to make it real effective and I think his arm injury has affected his ability to do that. Control and location are key too. But, continuing to get stronger and working on another pitch can make Danks a real solid starter again. He still shows that ability and last night was proof. But, he has other good games too. I am not sure what the Sox plans are for Danks. He might be the trade bait offered to a team battling for a play off spot. I see him rather then Quintana as likely to be offered. But, if he stays I would not be upset.

I doubt either. Q should be dealt in offseason where there will be more bidders. Dank's salary is a major problem in dealing him unless Sox pay a chunk and don't want anything back in a trade. Shark will probably go in July.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
He still shows that ability and last night was proof. But, he has other good games too.

That's what I'm talking about. With all the lousy pitching in baseball today (can you say Joe Blanton, Jeremy Guthrie just in our division alone) Danks is OK. He's had some good games and people want to ignore those I guess because of his salary. Who cares about his salary? It seems like whenever the Sox sign a guy, he's not worth what he's getting (Melky, LaRoche, Eaton, Danks, the list goes on).

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 4, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Although John Danks is awful, he pitched a great game last night.

That's called a non-sequitir. How can he be awful and pitch a great game in the major leagues? I realize he's been trash in many starts, but he's also had some great starts the last 2 years.