Post ASG Movement

Dunt

Anyone hoping we will see some post ASG movement in the minors? At this point, I wouldnt mind seeing Montas and Anderson see AAA, Peter see AA, and some of the 2015 guys see some time at Kannapolis. Also would like to see both Micah and Erik Johnson and Trayce come up to the big league club.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Anyone hoping we will see some post ASG movement in the minors? At this point, I wouldnt mind seeing Montas and Anderson see AAA, Peter see AA, and some of the 2015 guys see some time at Kannapolis. Also would like to see both Micah and Erik Johnson and Trayce come up to the big league club.

With most of our org playing for 1st place in their respective leagues I foresee a lot less movement. Leave Montas and Anderson in AA, Saladino is playing well in AAA as is the pitching staff. No reason to shake things up. I realize the need to push kids, but I want to see guys playing in pennant races while they are young.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
With most of our org playing for 1st place in their respective leagues I foresee a lot less movement. Leave Montas and Anderson in AA, Saladino is playing well in AAA as is the pitching staff. No reason to shake things up. I realize the need to push kids, but I want to see guys playing in pennant races while they are young.

one key question is...which teams are going to need strong 2nd halves to wind up in the playoffs?

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)

I would at least like to see some of these guys we drafted this year get moved to Kanny

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 11:28 AM)
one key question is...which teams are going to need strong 2nd halves to wind up in the playoffs?

None of the three teams who completed first halves (BHAM, W-S, KAN) won a division, so any of them have to win the 2nd half in their division to go to the post-season. As it happens, two of those are already in first place, with Kanny being in 2nd in theirs. Great Falls and AZL don't play halves, and they are both in first place, though I'm not sure if AZL has an actual playoff anyway. Charlotte is still in contention for their first half with a few games left.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
I would like to see not a lot of movement. Would be happy with conservative play this year. Maybe see Fullmer in Single-A

i on the other hand would like to see movement of the minor leaguers, i would really love to see some of the surplus of players that the sox have, to be moved for comp picks and slotted money, even in the int'l side as well.

now the draw back will be some of the teams in the minors, would suffer. a dilemma i can not figure which i wanted.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
Ynoa should be eligible for Rule 5 this year. I think the org would like to see how he adjusts to AA before putting him on the 40 man.

Ynoa. I still remember the interview Hahn gave right after the Shark trade, when he said he held out for Ynoa to be included in the deal, that he really wanted him, etc. I always wondered if he really meant it, or was

just BSing the world, sort of justifying giving up so many players.

Edited by oldsox

At which minor league level does the Rule 5 clock start to tick?

Looks like Myles Jaye may be Rule 5 this year. He's having a nice rebound season.

As for Ynoa, he gives up a hit an inning, strikes out a hitter per inning, and walks a batter every other inning. but he hasn't given up a homer yet. Too bad his Rule 5 eligible because he's not someone I would give up.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
At which minor league level does the Rule 5 clock start to tick?

Looks like Myles Jaye may be Rule 5 this year. He's having a nice rebound season.

As for Ynoa, he gives up a hit an inning, strikes out a hitter per inning, and walks a batter every other inning. but he hasn't given up a homer yet. Too bad his Rule 5 eligible because he's not someone I would give up.

It has to do with years after signing/drafting, not level in the minors.