7/9 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
Remember when Braulio Ortiz was a top 20 prospect on mlb.com last year? Yeah that was a joke lol. He is awful

Results have been, so far this year, but the ranking was about tools. Specifically, he's got a big mid to upper 90s fastball with movement. It's a beast. Sadly, command is lacking and nothing else in his arsenal seems to work well.

Adam Lopez was in that T20 for like a year as well, even after he was hurt. The MLB.com / MLB Pipeline top prospect lists have historically been the worst, in my view, among national pubs.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Heidenreich having a great season... Do we have anything with him there?

The Sox thought they did. Then they traded him. Then they re-signed him.

He's at a level and age where he should be dominating, given his resume. The key is if he can do anything in AA.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 06:15 AM)
Almonte for Beckham.

Blackmar and Chalas for DeAza

Delmonico we picked up after he was released (by the Brewers?)

They all look interesting, esp. Almonte. But the K totals are low on each ....can't expect more I suppose for Beckham and DeAza

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Heidenreich having a great season... Do we have anything with him there?

He profiles as a long reliever/5th starter type. He is 24 at A+ and has allowed 89 hits over 92.2 IP while only striking out 70. Nice walk rate though.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
The other guy the Sox sent in the Myers trade is about the same age and looks fairly similar, although in AA.

Chris Devenski, cripes, 1.32 ERA in AA Texas League, that is doing quite well I would say.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Chris Devenski, cripes, 1.32 ERA in AA Texas League, that is doing quite well I would say.

He might mean Blair Walters who was also part of the package and has since been traded to the Braves, he's been holding his own in AA but by no means is dominating.