• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
I've said it for a while but while I'm high on Johnson, I am not demoting Sanchez. I think the combo of Johnson / Sanchez / Saladino should get lots of at bats and reps this year to see what we have and who could stick and where.

The real trick is to find up-the-middle playing time for all three, in addition to a roster spot...which would kinda involve removing our current starting SS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
The real trick is to find up-the-middle playing time for all three, in addition to a roster spot...which would kinda involve removing our current starting SS.

I'm okay with that, but you could also just give a little more rest to the SS and still get plenty of at bats with the bulk of them coming from 2B and 3B. You could at worse get everyone in play 2/3rd's of the time and with some rest to Alexei increase those odds. Micah is getting the bulk of those reps though but again.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
I'm okay with that, but you could also just give a little more rest to the SS and still get plenty of at bats with the bulk of them coming from 2B and 3B. You could at worse get everyone in play 2/3rd's of the time and with some rest to Alexei increase those odds. Micah is getting the bulk of those reps though but again.

Alexei isn't resting when he's on this roster and I think you know that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
Right

Given Reinsdorf's comments about not wanting to see the Cubs win a WS until after he dies, I would be very shocked to see the Sox trade with the Cubs when the Cubs are contenders.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
"Carlos has been looking occasionally at that finger that has been giving him some blister difficulties" - Stone

said it here and boom it is mentioned there. wow.