• Over
    • Under

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
6IP 6BB 6 K. 6's are wild!

Gutsy performance by Rodon considering the blister.

That he has performed well this year despite control issues you have to hope bodes well. Otherwise it was just a prelude to disaster. His stuff is so good, can't wait to see it develop. Reminds me of Scherzer a bit.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
That he has performed well this year despite control issues you have to hope bodes well. Otherwise it was just a prelude to disaster. His stuff is so good, can't wait to see it develop. Reminds me of Scherzer a bit.

If he didn't have that blister he'd probably have a couple fewer walks, that was clearly starting to bother him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
I know he's got two hits but shouldn't Micah be getting those at bats?

Micah is still at Charlotte.

You can make a decent case that Micah is probably close to ready right now, but I would still expect him to struggle some when he comes up. The other thing that seems important is that a couple weeks ago someone suggested that the pitching staff had gotten tired with Micah's defense at 2b and specifically started asking for Sanchez - that's probably bought him more time there. One thing we're definitely going to do is "keep this pitching staff happy at all costs". Otherwise Quintana might lose it and start snapping people's necks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Micah is still at Charlotte.

You can make a decent case that Micah is probably close to ready right now, but I would still expect him to struggle some when he comes up. The other thing that seems important is that a couple weeks ago someone suggested that the pitching staff had gotten tired with Micah's defense at 2b and specifically started asking for Sanchez - that's probably bought him more time there.

If the pitchers hate Micah, I'd trade him out of the organization. If Micah is that bad a second baseman, he's not very good of a prospect. 2Bmen are a dime a dozen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
If the pitchers hate Micah, I'd trade him out of the organization. If Micah is that bad a second baseman, he's not very good of a prospect. 2Bmen are a dime a dozen.

Guys actually can get better at defense with practice. Micah was really, really rushed up to the big leagues this year, without really having time to work on either bat or glove at AAA or even really AA all that much. One of those classic white sox "rush the guy to the bigs without paying attention to whether his game is actually ready" moves. Hopefully with time he will actually have a shot at becoming a solid defender.