1. 1. Combined team strikeouts: 15.5

• Over
    • Under

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
If it bothers you so much then:

1) put on cubs broadcast or

2) listen on radio or

3) just mute the tv and have no sound

Or have Hawk talk about players actually in this game.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Or have Hawk talk about players actually in this game.

It's a long ballgame. All announcers give updates of other games, etc. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give Hawk a 9. I'd give the Royals announcers a 3 except for Denny Mathews a 7. Listen to other games and you'll love Hawkeroo. Also the Sox should be reminded of mistakes they've made once in a while. He does that. Royals announcers ONLY praise the Royals and mock the opponent. Status quo announcing today.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Sox bats have died since that first inning. I thought they'd be loose all day and knock him around.

I'm impressed we took advantage of Lester when he was a bit off early. We gave Chris 2. His job now is to destroy them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
It's a long ballgame. All announcers give updates of other games, etc. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give Hawk a 9. I'd give the Royals announcers a 3 except for Denny Mathews a 7. Listen to other games and you'll love Hawkeroo. Also the Sox should be reminded of mistakes they've made once in a while. He does that. Royals announcers ONLY praise the Royals and mock the opponent. Status quo announcing today.

No problem with a update just did not need to here about him 6 days in a row. Here he goes again :lol:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
This is why I dislike the NL. The Cubs could be threatening to score a run here with a man on, but instead, here comes Jon "1-68" Lester with 2 outs!

Agreed. I would like the "strategy " if pitchers could hit worth a damn.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Now you're getting anti-Greg. You can love the Sox and worship Buehrle. Hawk proves that in his commentary.

Right. I love Buehrle. He's one of my favorite athletes of all time because he created a great career out very little natural talent for a pitcher. He worked hard at all facets of the game - pitching speed, defense, holding runners - to become a great pitcher.

He plays for the Blue Jays now and we've got a better pitcher going for the White Sox today. I want to know about Chris Sale, not Mark Buehrle. If I wanted to hear about Mark Buehrle five times a game, I'd watch the Blue Jays.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
Right. I love Buehrle. He's one of my favorite athletes of all time because he created a great career out very little natural talent for a pitcher. He worked hard at all facets of the game - pitching speed, defense, holding runners - to become a great pitcher.

He plays for the Blue Jays now and we've got a better pitcher going for the White Sox today. I want to know about Chris Sale, not Mark Buehrle. If I wanted to hear about Mark Buehrle five times a game, I'd watch the Blue Jays.

Amen :notworthy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)

You da man Q.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 09:35 PM)

You are speaking like somebody who has announced games before. These guys need to kill time and have stuff to talk about. If all you do is praise Sale then you become one of the homer hacks who broadcast for all the other teams. Stoney was talking about Minnie beating Detroit last night; Hawk was talking about another game just now. Let's face it. We're spoiled with having great announcers on the south side. Listen to other teams except for Scully and they suck. Hawk knows announcing.