Sale pitching in AS Game in Emergency situation ONLY

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
According to Cot's, he gets a $15,000 bonus for All-Star Game selection, but I doubt it matters if he actually pitches in the game or not.

many thanks.

:lol: i was really asking that question in a rhetorical way, while i didn't know the answer, i didn't mean for anyone to look it up.

again heart felt. thanks.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:00 AM)
This is crazy. Yost is not scared of the White Sox for goshsakes and not scared of Sale pitching for the White Sox. Sale happens to be a helluva pitcher and if I were the manager of the AL I'd f***ing want to pitch him as well.

This is stupid. The Royals own the White sox no matter who is pitching. Why the hell would Yost care about the White Sox this weekend? Even if KC dropped all four, they'd be way ahead of the pathetic White Sox.

I don't mind discussion but this one is just dumb. Yost is manager of the AL team and Sale is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. Of course he SHOULD pitch Tuesday. As a Sox fan and viewing I WANT him to pitch in the all star game.

after reading this, Tonite is spaghetti with meatballs night in the mcmahon household

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
It has nothing to do with "being afraid of the White Sox". He has a 4 game series vs. the White Sox and Sale pitching the All Star Game may mean he doesn't have to face him which gives KC a better chance of winning a game. That isn't just the White Sox who would benefit, but each team in the division. It is probably very rare to have a 4 game series vs. Chicago and miss Sale. Maybe he won't, but Robin did mention perhaps holding Sale back until Tuesday if he did pitch.

Trust me. Nobody is concerned about an advantage in a series against a lousy sox team. Hope sale gets the win tonite

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Trust me. Nobody is concerned about an advantage in a series against a lousy sox team. Hope sale gets the win tonite

I know Ned Yost would be pretty happy to miss Chris Sale. Pitching him gives him a chance at that happening. Even if they White Sox lose 100 games, you never know if facing Sale vs. not facing him is a 1 game difference in KC's overall record, and how perhaps what that one game difference means to the Royals at the end of the season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)

Dude, you're just wrong on this. The Sox relative threat to the Royals is irrelevant. Sale has a winning record on this lousy team - how does that happen? Royals haven't wrapped up jack.

Trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about

This is baseball, the lousy teams still win more than 40% of the time (and this year the Sox have won 47%), bad teams win series against good teams all the time, and the Sox won the last series the two teams played. The idea that a team would look past another team when they are a division rival and have a pitcher like Sale is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. The Royals haven't clinched anything yet.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
I know Ned Yost would be pretty happy to miss Chris Sale. Pitching him gives him a chance at that happening. Even if they White Sox lose 100 games, you never know if facing Sale vs. not facing him is a 1 game difference in KC's overall record, and how perhaps what that one game difference means to the Royals at the end of the season.

Chris Sale pitching one inning today, a day he would normally do a sidensession anyway, should not have an effect on Chris Sale pitching or not.this weekend.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Chris Sale pitching one inning today, a day he would normally do a sidensession anyway, should not have an effect on Chris Sale pitching or not.this weekend.

According to the White Sox manager and pitching coach, there is a possibility it does.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)

Pitching in an All-Star game is nothing like a side session.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
Pitching in an All-Star game is nothing like a side session.

Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday = 4 days rest = normal rest. Chris going today would give him 1 inning over a 7 day period and then throwing on Sunday still puts him on normal rest.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)

I think you guys are insane, truly nuts. Since when did we start not wanting our guys to play in All Star games and think the manager has some agenda?? This is Chris Sale. He should pitch in the darn all star game and I WANT him to pitch desperately not rest. My gosh, the Royals are 18 over .500 and we are 4 under. They could drop 15 in a row and still beat the Sox out. The Royals will take 3 of 4 by just showing up at the Cell. Yost isn't fretting about Chris Sale.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
Dude, you're just wrong on this. The Sox relative threat to the Royals is irrelevant. Sale has a winning record on this lousy team - how does that happen? Royals haven't wrapped up jack.

So Ned Yost is plotting some effort to make sure Sale doesn't face his team?? Makes absolutely no sense. It's more of a slap to the Sox if Sale doesn't pitch. They can sell the series, "LETS SHOW YOST!! SALE SHOULD HAVE PITCHED!! HES ONE OF THE BEST AND HE GOT OVERLOOKED By YOST. MUST HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THE FIGHT EARLIER THIS SEASON!"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
Trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about

Yost is not thinking about the White Sox impending series and Chris Sale. Cmon.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
This is baseball, the lousy teams still win more than 40% of the time (and this year the Sox have won 47%), bad teams win series against good teams all the time, and the Sox won the last series the two teams played. The idea that a team would look past another team when they are a division rival and have a pitcher like Sale is one of the most ridiculous things I've read. The Royals haven't clinched anything yet.

The idea Yost is plotting to make sure Sale can't face the Sox is pretty dumb. I mean we are talking about the White Sox here, the lousy, anemic White Sox. It's a total snub if Sale doesn't pitch tonight. Not Yost in some sinister plot. The guy pitched on Saturday. Today is Tuesday for gosh sakes. 1-2 innings tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I think you guys are insane, truly nuts. Since when did we start not wanting our guys to play in All Star games and think the manager has some agenda?? This is Chris Sale. He should pitch in the darn all star game and I WANT him to pitch desperately not rest. My gosh, the Royals are 18 over .500 and we are 4 under. They could drop 15 in a row and still beat the Sox out. The Royals will take 3 of 4 by just showing up at the Cell. Yost isn't fretting about Chris Sale.

So Ned Yost is plotting some effort to make sure Sale doesn't face his team?? Makes absolutely no sense. It's more of a slap to the Sox if Sale doesn't pitch. They can sell the series, "LETS SHOW YOST!! SALE SHOULD HAVE PITCHED!! HES ONE OF THE BEST AND HE GOT OVERLOOKED By YOST. MUST HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THE FIGHT EARLIER THIS SEASON!"

Yost is not thinking about the White Sox impending series and Chris Sale. Cmon.

The idea Yost is plotting to make sure Sale can't face the Sox is pretty dumb. I mean we are talking about the White Sox here, the lousy, anemic White Sox. It's a total snub if Sale doesn't pitch tonight. Not Yost in some sinister plot. The guy pitched on Saturday. Today is Tuesday for gosh sakes. 1-2 innings tonight.

Dude are you ****ing kidding me.

If White Sox management did not want Sale to pitch, they should have "excused " him from the roster. If a guy goes to the game, he should want to participate, not go and be a cheerleader. The manager should try and play as many players as possible.

David Just ‏@davidjustCST 41m41 minutes ago

Chris Sale may not pitch in Tuesday's All-Star Game after all. http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/77...pitch-star-game

Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar

Sounds like Chris Sale probably won't pitch tonight. Ned Yost said Sale would only go in an emergency.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
David Just ‏@davidjustCST 41m41 minutes ago

Chris Sale may not pitch in Tuesday's All-Star Game after all. http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/77...pitch-star-game

Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar

Sounds like Chris Sale probably won't pitch tonight. Ned Yost said Sale would only go in an emergency.

Good news!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday = 4 days rest = normal rest. Chris going today would give him 1 inning over a 7 day period and then throwing on Sunday still puts him on normal rest.

Just comparing it to a side session, facing major league all Stars competitively is a little more stressful than tossing in the bullpen

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
If White Sox management did not want Sale to pitch, they should have "excused " him from the roster. If a guy goes to the game, he should want to participate, not go and be a cheerleader. The manager should try and play as many players as possible.

Exactly. You guys get your wish. A White Sox player won't be playing in the all-star game. I think now I've heard everything. Royals fans are going delirious over watching tonight's game and all their players. We Sox fans don't want our one guy to play. My gosh I've never seen anything like this.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Good news!

Congrats to you guys who don't want a Sox player in the game. Unfricking-believable to me. I remember as a kid going crazy in happiness when a Sox player entered the game, especially if it was a pitcher facing a Cub or vice versa. Crazy many of you were freaking out about one inning. Sale should never have clogged up a roster spot. He pitched on Saturday! Horrors he might go an inning on Tuesday.