Sale pitching in AS Game in Emergency situation ONLY

knightni

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
I hope Sale is so pissed at Cooper and Ventura for making a big deal out of this. He should be FURIOUS. He knows his body. This team is four under and KC 18 over. Yeah that's sure a big series coming up ... NOT.

Sale should be so mad at this joke of an organization. Pitching Saturday then Tuesday is a big deal??? Why not just shut him down a month so he doesn't get hurt?

Players rarely "know their body" that's why they get hurt.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
Then you tell me please why any team has agreed to let their players play in this EXHIBITION game! Anybody could get hurt. How dare anybody be allowed to play. How dare any GM allow his pitcher to pitch. Now he can't pitch the first couple games of the next series!! I can't believe some of you are OK with Sale being babied like this when other big leaguers have to take the mound tonight!

Injury history?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:30 AM)
Players rarely "know their body" that's why they get hurt.

Ptatc: Tell me what other pitchers and players are in jeopardy tonight? Is it just Sale? Why haven't we heard about other teams wanting to hold players out tonight? Is this just a Sale issue? Is he the only big league pitcher susceptible to being hurt if used tonight? Would you have told him to stay home and add a player who might help the AL team win?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:35 PM)
Ptatc: Tell me what other pitchers and players are in jeopardy tonight? Is it just Sale? Why haven't we heard about other teams wanting to hold players out tonight? Is this just a Sale issue? Is he the only big league pitcher susceptible to being hurt if used tonight? Would you have told him to stay home and add a player who might help the AL team win?

Without knowing the particular situation there is no telling which manager/GM told them how to pitch their guys. Those discussions happen every year. Maybe Sale was feeling some elbow tenderness that the team doesn't want the rest of the league to know about. Maybe he wanted to pitch even with the soreness and was told no. Before you go accusing people of things just remember you will never get all of the information and most teams do things they need to to protect their own interests.

I've had to hold players out from playing. I was once called every name in the book plus ones I has never heard before when I told Don Majkowski he couldn't play in a game. He threatened my family. Sometimes it's for their own good.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
This might be the dumbest s*** I have seen from Ventura all year.

The White Sox get so little focus to begin with, we have nothing to root for with this crap team and everyone wants to see Sale this is such bullsh't. Fck you Robin, seriously........... I'm so pissed off about this. You think every other pitcher on this game most of who are on a playoff race don't have similar 'rest of season' dynamics?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Exactly. You guys get your wish. A White Sox player won't be playing in the all-star game. I think now I've heard everything. Royals fans are going delirious over watching tonight's game and all their players. We Sox fans don't want our one guy to play. My gosh I've never seen anything like this.

Congrats to you guys who don't want a Sox player in the game. Unfricking-believable to me. I remember as a kid going crazy in happiness when a Sox player got in the game

EXACTLY .... Unbelievable

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Congrats to you guys who don't want a Sox player in the game. Unfricking-believable to me. I remember as a kid going crazy in happiness when a Sox player entered the game, especially if it was a pitcher facing a Cub or vice versa. Crazy many of you were freaking out about one inning. Sale should never have clogged up a roster spot. He pitched on Saturday! Horrors he might go an inning on Tuesday.

More arm chair tough guy s*** from people who barely played the game past the age of 12.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
More arm chair tough guy s*** from people who barely played the game past the age of 12.

Whatever dude. Only team in MLB not represented tonight. Nice work Sox.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)

Its a f***ing scrimmage game with sponsors. Really people need to get a grip.

OMG We won the scrimmage game without Sale.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:40 AM)
Sale pitching tonight would set him up to pitch Sunday on normal rest.. With an estimated 10 million people watching this game, is there a better outlet to market arguably the best player the organization has had this century?

Sox don't care about such things with their last place baseball team. They need to protect a pitcher for an upcoming series against a team 18 over .500 when they are 4 under .500.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:55 AM)
The White Sox get so little focus to begin with, we have nothing to root for with this crap team and everyone wants to see Sale this is such bullsh't. Fck you Robin, seriously........... I'm so pissed off about this. You think every other pitcher on this game most of who are on a playoff race don't have similar 'rest of season' dynamics?

I'm still so f***ing mad about this crap. Fire Ventura now!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:59 AM)

Hey I played through high school.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 03:03 AM)

I agree with you LaMarr. And you were a great pitcher. You'd have won game five against the Orioles if we could have mustered one run in 9 innings in Game Four.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 03:46 AM)
how many young white sox fans feel disappointed tonight?

Tons of them should feel disappointed. I would NEVER let Sale attend the game again because of Robin/Coop, whoever made this call.

By the way, if Sale wants to coddle Robin/Coop, whoever made this call, he'll say after the game he didn't quite feel right since his last start and asked for the time off. That will shut up people like me whether it's true or not. Will Sale cooperate and say this? Hmmmmm

Since the question was asked. I'm not in the least bit disappointed. I am however glad that by not pitching tonight Sale will most likely pitch against the division rival/leading Royals during that four game series this weekend. And yes, I will sleep very well tonight! :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 04:09 AM)
Since the question was asked. I'm not in the least bit disappointed. I am however glad that by not pitching tonight Sale will most likely pitch against the division rival/leading Royals during that four game series this weekend. And yes, I will sleep very well tonight! :D

Somebody else mentioned this, but today is Tuesday. If he pitched tonight he could pitch Sunday on four days rest. I guess Chris' arm really, truly is tired. He needs a lotta time off.

BTW kudos to all the pitchers who agreed to pitch tonight and their franchises who allowed them to pitch. They risked life and limb tonight in taking the mound. They could have been hit by a line drive, they could have suffered a career ending injury. Like Atlee Hammaker they could have given up 7 runs and be so shaken they'd never be the same again! Kudos to those who risked EVERYTHING to play in tonight's exhibition.

At least the Sox could now, that the damage is past, pitch him, uh in the DH on Friday?? Pretty please?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 05:56 AM)
Is this the worst thread going right now? Holy good lord people it's a f***ing All Star Game. Do we have new 12 year old posters that I didn't know about?

No need to insult us. Yes it's only an exhibition game, but what makes the White Sox so special that they were the only team to ask (demand?) they not use one of their players? The last place, woeful White Sox. They truly are a laughingstock over this issue. I'm still waiting to see if Chris Sale takes the heat off the front office by saying he "didn't feel right" or something. That's all he needs to say and people like me have to shut up. Will he do that, though?

How many teams didn't have a player compete in the game? I do not know the answer. Was it just the White Sox? At least Big Hurt was one of the commentators.

Seriously though. Some of us have the right to be mad about Sale not pitching. I wonder when is the last time a White Sox did not appear in the game. Some franchises are proud to show off their best players; the Sox ask that the player not be used. I bet Yost got sick of dealing with Robin and just said, "Fine he won't f***ing pitch unless we need him in extra innings and there's no other option."

If I was Sale and I wanted to pitch, I'd sure let the Sox beat writers know it wasn't my call. Hopefully Sale will call out those who made this call or shut me up by saying he hasn't felt 100 percent right lately. He could even say he's had a bug or something. That shuts Greg up.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
No need to insult us. Yes it's only an exhibition game, but what makes the White Sox so special that they were the only team to ask (demand?) they not use one of their players? The last place, woeful White Sox. They truly are a laughingstock over this issue. I'm still waiting to see if Chris Sale takes the heat off the front office by saying he "didn't feel right" or something. That's all he needs to say and people like me have to shut up. Will he do that, though?

How many teams didn't have a player compete in the game? I do not know the answer. Was it just the White Sox? At least Big Hurt was one of the commentators.

Seriously though. Some of us have the right to be mad about Sale not pitching. I wonder when is the last time a White Sox did not appear in the game. Some franchises are proud to show off their best players; the Sox ask that the player not be used. I bet Yost got sick of dealing with Robin and just said, "Fine he won't f***ing pitch unless we need him in extra innings and there's no other option."

If I was Sale and I wanted to pitch, I'd sure let the Sox beat writers know it wasn't my call. Hopefully Sale will call out those who made this call or shut me up by saying he hasn't felt 100 percent right lately. He could even say he's had a bug or something. That shuts Greg up.

Greg get the f*** over it. Teams asking for pitchers to be held out of the game happens literally every year. The sox made the smart decision here. They NEED to continue this run they're on if they want any hope of being in contention. A fresh Chris Sale makes that much easier.

Edited by kev211