Changes in the booth possible?

southsider2k5

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no use for Steve Stone. I don't hate him, but I know I would if he was in the booth without Hawk. Only the ego of Hawk can keep Stone from sounding like the most insufferable big shot. But if we have to lose Hawk, let's at least get Matt Vasgersian. And either way, how about two new radio broadcasters. I love the guy who calls Cleveland games, don't have a clue what his name is.

Keep Stone and put Farmer in the booth with him. I really enjoyed listening to them on the radio when they were together. I'm fine with DJ but have no idea who to pair him up with. Call me crazy but I would like to see Pierzynski get into broadcasting for the Sox when his career is over.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
Keep Stone and put Farmer in the booth with him. I really enjoyed listening to them on the radio when they were together. I'm fine with DJ but have no idea who to pair him up with. Call me crazy but I would like to see Pierzynski get into broadcasting for the Sox when his career is over.

I dont ever want Farmer on TV. Ever.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
Agreed! Not a fan..he rarely changes his tone of voice so you have no idea what is actually going on.

the tone of voice doesnt bother me as much as him missing crucial plays or calls because he is trying to make inside jokes with DJ. And he calls for a homerun pretty much every other batter, and that is no exaggeration

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
Swirsky-Stone, DJ-Farmer

I still think Farmer and DJ are great.

Swirsky knows nothing about baseball. It worked for a game, but as an every day announcer he would be just terrible. He had gotten annoying after a week or so.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
the tone of voice doesnt bother me as much as him missing crucial plays or calls because he is trying to make inside jokes with DJ. And he calls for a homerun pretty much every other batter, and that is no exaggeration

Here's LaRoche he could tie it up with one swing of the bat Carlos Sanchez could tie it up with one swing of the bat Abreu can change this game with one swing of the bat right here

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)

DJ and Farmer had awful chemistry when they started together, but now I really enjoy listening to them. DJ makes Farmer not quite as insufferable.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
Hawk will die in the booth (maybe not literally), and I am sure that is the way he wants to go. Until he becomes senile, I doubt the Sox take his job away.

Harry Caray made it 10+ years more than where Hawk is now.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...g-to-wls-am-890

The future Sox's broadcasting team of Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson remains up in the air with both broadcasters reaching the end of their contracts after this season. Boyer said he anticipates they will return but that the team has not had formal discussions with them about re-signing.

The Sox's contracts with TV broadcasters Hawk Harrelson and Steve Stone also expire at the end of this year. "We've got work to do" in setting the team's future broadcasting lineup, said Boyer.