Changes in the booth possible?

southsider2k5

I'm starting to feel like Stone's engagement level is lower this year than it has been in the past. I don't have any specific examples, but there have been a few games that I've thought to myself that he's got one foot out the door.. Maybe he just had a couple of bad days.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
I'm starting to feel like Stone's engagement level is lower this year than it has been in the past. I don't have any specific examples, but there have been a few games that I've thought to myself that he's got one foot out the door.. Maybe he just had a couple of bad days.

2012 was the worst and Stone admitted as such. He's been fine this year imo.

Hawk will stay thankfully. Hope farmer goes. I like stone, he's one of the best analysts in the game but not a lot of chemistry with Hawk.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
What was the issue with Hawk and DJ together on TV and Stone on radio? I remember enjoying both combos.

There was not an issue. Hawk and DJ were must listen to tv by the end of their run. It was just the thought of pairing two chicago broadcasting legends together.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)

That article gives me a bad feeling. I hope they lock them (Farmer/DJ) up sooner rather than later; drawing this out will seriously put a damper on what little enjoyment this team would have been able to provide baseball-wise for the rest of the season.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
Anyone think Hawk will start only calling home games with a new contract?

After what happened this season (meaning being bad), I think he'll cut back next year. Wouldn't be surprised if he eliminates west coast, Texas, Toronto, and east coast except maybe Boston.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
There was not an issue. Hawk and DJ were must listen to tv by the end of their run. It was just the thought of pairing two chicago broadcasting legends together.

Well.. That didn't work out so well. I'd love to see them swap back. DJ seems a little more modern, a little more dynamic. Stone was a nice balance to Farmer.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
He's my least favorite actually.

My favorites in order are Hawk, Stone, Farmer, and then DJ.

I had a nightmare the other night that DJ was back in the booth, but with Stone. No joke. I never woke up so relieved.

So let's try it this way.

The White Sox are well known to favor guys who have come through their franchise for various positions. Any ideas on who might be a good candidate to take any of those roles out of people who have been in the Sox organization at some point?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
All four contracts are up, could we see changes?

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2h2 hours ago

Next up for Brooks Boyer and company will be the announcers, with all four up contractually after this season

Please, God, let this be the end of Hawk Harrelson. They need legit pbp voices to go with Stone on TV and Farmio on radio. Farmio and Rooney was the best tandem in the sport.

God, I miss Rooney. I used to do what I could to sync the radio audio with tv. It made for great baseball.

AND IT'S A GONER AND A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
let's at least get Matt Vasgersian.

Let's at least hire a guy away from a dream job at MLB Network to come work for one of the least popular franchises in baseball? Realistic suggestion. More please.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
So let's try it this way.

The White Sox are well known to favor guys who have come through their franchise for various positions. Any ideas on who might be a good candidate to take any of those roles out of people who have been in the Sox organization at some point?

I would like to know how Willie Harris does on TV.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Let's at least hire a guy away from a dream job at MLB Network to come work for one of the least popular franchises in baseball? Realistic suggestion. More please.

I'm sure the MLB network ratings are killing it.

According to that article, Sox earn reported $650K in tv rights. That would mean over 162 games, their TV deal pays $105.3M. That # seems high to me, but if it were factual and you added in the national TV money of $50M then before gate sales, you are at $155M. I think it is safe to presume that gate revenues could cover all of your operational costs and then some, so again, for anyone who thinks Sox don't have the money to raise payroll or that we are in some horrible position where we can't possibly add payroll in the off-season, I think you are crazy.

That said, it looks crazier based upon the $105M in local TV money which seems to be on the high side.