Crazy Trade Deadline Predictions

Chisoxfn

What is everyone's off the wall trade deadline prediction?

I see the Sox potentially moving Tim Anderson in a 3 team deal (between a contender and another buy) to get a top 50 prospect that the Sox think is a better fit. I think they understand the need to improve the defense and feel that they can dangle Anderson to another org to get someone who might be a better fit (maybe a top young catcher, etc).

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's 05 reunion weekend, here's a crazy, five team trade.

White Sox receive:

AJ Pierzynski

Brandon McCarthy

Juan Uribe

Neal Cotts

Mark Buehrle

Blue Jays receive:

John Danks

Brewers receive:

Dan Jennings

Braves receive:

Geovany Soto

Gordon Beckham

Dodgers receive:

Scott Carroll

I think the Sox will stand pat for the most part if they continue to play good baseball. If they fall below 6 games under .500 at any point, I am sure Shark will be dealt.

I could also see a bullpen arm or two moved since we do have a surplus there. Probably Putnam would be the first to go.

However, if the Sox get hot and get back to .500, I'd almost be surprised if they don't try to find a bat or two or help the offense.

Chris Sale to the Cubs for Schwarber, Javier Baez, CJ Edwards, Corey Black, and Gleyber Torres.

Cubs would still be loaded and have arguably the best pitcher in the game locked up. Would the Cubs be giving up enough? You have a 26 year old that is arguably the best pitcher in baseball and happens to be locked up long-term at great value, how would you ever get his true value?

Sox would get a potential all-star catcher, 2 guys rotation ready, a 2B/SS/CF with very good power, and a very good SS prospect for the future.

I got through this whole post and became sick to my stomach at the thought of trading Sale. I feel like Quintana wouldn't get the right return since he's not a big name per se, and Shark being a rental wouldn't return a lot.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
Chris Sale to the Cubs for Schwarber, Javier Baez, CJ Edwards, Corey Black, and Gleyber Torres.

Cubs would still be loaded and have arguably the best pitcher in the game locked up. Would the Cubs be giving up enough? You have a 26 year old that is arguably the best pitcher in baseball and happens to be locked up long-term at great value, how would you ever get his true value?

Sox would get a potential all-star catcher, 2 guys rotation ready, a 2B/SS/CF with very good power, and a very good SS prospect for the future.

I got through this whole post and became sick to my stomach at the thought of trading Sale. I feel like Quintana wouldn't get the right return since he's not a big name per se, and Shark being a rental wouldn't return a lot.

If I don't get Bryant, I don't deal with the Cubs. That is the type of deal you need to trade Chris Sale. You need someone with superstar potential in the deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
If I don't get Bryant, I don't deal with the Cubs. That is the type of deal you need to trade Chris Sale. You need someone with superstar potential in the deal.

Schwarber might be better than Bryant IMO

And he is a lefty bat and possibly at a premium position for that kind of offense

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
Doubt it. Bryant will have a better career

Okay maybe. But Schwarber has all the offensive tools that Bryant has so I am not sure how you could be so sure that the next ten years Bryant will be better and he has only played a half of season so far.